We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

ERUDIO student loans help

Options

Comments

• rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    Options
    They arent challenging it because there is #### all they can do if someone refuses to have one in place.

Only sanctions they have under these agreements that actually matters is to either refuse you deferment or demand that pay you back the loan in full immediately.

Both of those in black and white on the agreements require you to be actually behind with repayments.

Refusing to have a DD in place but being willing to pay by other means if payments are due is not a breach of the agreement that lets them refuse you deferment or call the loans in.

So Erudio know they have no way of forcing you to have a DD in place, so are giving up on that one if pressed.
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • dizzybuff
    dizzybuff Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Options
    Okay , cant read the whole thread .

I applied for a student loan deferement as my earmings are only 17k. However because I work full time I get help with my childcare and childtax credits and im now entitled to working tax credits.

Plus my ex is now paying maintance monthly , but no court order is in place .

They sent me a Demand letter for arrears , because get this they had deleted th DD details I sent them and all they can do is apologise . They now want me to pay 3 instalments which I cant afford. I cant afford one to be honet. Im angry they want me to use money given to me to pay childcare so I can work , and the maintaianance for my children.

Anxiety has set in a again hense me posting at this time, please help , my benefits are means tested and given to me for a reason , to pay for my childcare so I can work.
    ONE HOUSE , DS+ DD Missymoo Living a day at a time and getting through this mess you have created.
    One day life will have no choice but to be nice to me :rotfl:
  • Jonez
    Jonez Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe start by contacting the Financial Ombudsman Service and getting their help with kicking off a complaint - their 'how to complain' page states:
    'We can help by contacting the business for you, and telling them about your complaint'.

That page is here: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm
  • StressedHubby
    Options
    I'm wondering if anyone here might be able to help me with my latest problem with Erudio.....

I have been sent a letter stating that I must give Erudio a copy of my most recent Tax Return as I'm self employed.

I have never been asked for this in the past, and when I rang Erudio for clarification and to point out that the information they were asking for was contained on the Tax Credits award notice, I was just told that I had to send it in. When I pushed for an explanation the response that came back was essentially "we have asked for it, so you have to supply it.".

I utterly object to sending this information as I cannot believe that they have any right at all to ask/expect this of me. Previously, I have supplied my books and stated what my income was for both employed and self employed purposes and then been deferred once this information has been received.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!
  • Jonez
    Jonez Posts: 117 Forumite
    edited 8 July 2014 at 2:29PM
    Options
    The advice I took from Rizla King when I first joined this forum was to be "firm but reasonable" in my dealings with them. When they asked for a joint bank statement, I set out my reasons for refusing and asked them for a full explanation as to why they were requesting information to which they were not entitled - "because we've asked for it" is the sort of thing one would say to a child and does not belong in a conversation of this nature. I would also keep everything in writing.
  • pepedopolous
    Options
    Well hurrah (kindof)! Erudio have agreed to send me an email when a decision has been made (5 weeks waiting not counting the first 'lost-in-the-post' application).
  • tyfighter
    Options
    Hi

I've read a bit of this thread, but haven't been able to read it all!
    I am now experiencing the pain of dealing with Erudio, can anyone help.

I ended up sending in the deferment forms a few months back, and was also surprised at all the info they were asking.

Anyway i didn't hear anything back until a week ago, saying i was in arrears with my payments. After contacting them, they said the form was incomplete and that they still need more information. I am self employed and one of the things they are after is a complete tax return. I only enclosed the relevant pages which stated my income and dividend. (The amount of dividend i earned is shown on the part of my tax return i sent them).

Erudio have said, if i send in the rest of the info, they can look into the deferment. From what i've read on this thread, i shouldn't of signed the form and just sent proof of earnings. But i've signed the form now does this mean i've agreed to their new t&cs?

On another note, they have set an payment amount, which i cant afford.
    I asked them about this, and they said i agreed to this when originally taking out the loan with the student loans company. When i mentioned that i couldn't afford this, i was told this was set. All they could do was offer me he option of filling out an earnings and expenditure form and agree an amount to pay. However any difference between the original set amount would count as me being in arrears and would affect my credit rating!!

Surely if i agree to pay, i should be able to agree a amount?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
  • rizla_king
    Options
    If youve sent them proof of income complain. Tell them to defer you as they should or you will take them to the FOS.
  • tyfighter
    Options
    Thanks rizla king

Surely i don't need to send them all of my tax return and the proof of income should suffice?

Also does anyone know, i thought the amount you paid was income based under the old SLC?
  • rizla_king
    Options
    All they need is enough to prove your income. No more.

Monthly payments didn't depend on income. Just dividing the loans equally into 60 instalments in total over their life.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family