We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

ERUDIO student loans help

Options

Comments

• Princess_Jane
    Options
    Thanks.

I hope sending the letter but no form is the right thing to do.

I have no DD set up as yet - checking regularly with the bank.
    DEBT FREE! Sep '08/£9,800 in Oct '06 :beer:
  • rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    Options
    Erudio will refuse your deferment if you don't send the form. They shouldn't, but they WILL.

Just cross out the parts on the form you don't agree with.
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • Princess_Jane
    Options
    Which I'm assuming is DD and contact number?

The SLC had my current and previous address and presumably DOB from original application, so I see less harm in handing over those.
  • pepedopolous
    Options
    6 weeks today since Erudio confirmed they had received my deferment documents and payslips. Still no news and 2 weeks until a third DD is taken. Surely there must be a limit to how long they can take to make their decision? Do I have the grounds for a complaint yet?

P
  • Pluthero
    Pluthero Posts: 222 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Princess Jane, I used the template letter. They sent me more of their forms saying they would not accept it. I disagreed. They are currently dealing with ONE of my complaints from 5 weeks ago and a second complaint from last week. Still waiting on their response to either. I have used firm clear language keeping it all short and sweet (I.e I am under threshold and have sent 3 months wage slips and for 16 years this was good enough under SLC) Not expecting to be deferred but if it happens I will post response here. DO NOT PHONE THEM, always use recorded mail, they have lost/not received loads of peoples stuff! Keep at them and don't be bullied, they are a DCA and not fit for purpose IMHO.
  • Pluthero
    First Post
    Options
    6 weeks today since Erudio confirmed they had received my deferment documents and payslips. Still no news and 2 weeks until a third DD is taken. Surely there must be a limit to how long they can take to make their decision? Do I have the grounds for a complaint yet?

P

Have they actually take two payments from you? Are you under the threshold to defer? If so cancel that DD before they take a third, That is well out of order. Their systems are slow/not fit for purpose and until they are no money should be leaving anyone's account who is under the threshold to defer.
  • dizzybuff
    dizzybuff Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Options
    if I send them the deferment letter do I need to include my benefits. I work full time and get ctc and wtc
    ONE HOUSE , DS+ DD Missymoo Living a day at a time and getting through this mess you have created.
    One day life will have no choice but to be nice to me :rotfl:
  • Princess_Jane
    Options
    Right, I've filled the form in, giving basically only my current address and income details.

I've seen blogs advising you not to sign the form, but I bet if you don't, they're going to send it back.

Can anyone confirm?
  • pepedopolous
    Options
    Pluthero wrote: »
    Have they actually take two payments from you? Are you under the threshold to defer? If so cancel that DD before they take a third, That is well out of order. Their systems are slow/not fit for purpose and until they are no money should be leaving anyone's account who is under the threshold to defer.

Yes and soon a third! The thing is I need them to accept my evidence (payslips) that I am indeed under the threshold to pay.

If I cancel the DD whilst not officially deferred I think all sorts of bad stuff can happen, so I have to wait for them to pull their finger out.
  • Pluthero
    First Post
    Options
    Pepedopolous the 'Bad Things' are all ready happening! They are taking your money and have no right to do so. I sent my payslips in 3 weeks before my deferment was due at end of May. I would imagine it would take a few minutes to read them an conclude I am under the threshold to defer. It's now mid July and they are dealing with my two complaints about their lack of service. They wrote a letter saying I am in default but it is their incompetence to blame.

I know it can seem scary dealing with them and their official bullying letters full of implied threats but you have fallen into their trap. Don't know if you can get you money back for the first two payments but I would def stop the DD to stop anymore. Erudio have written to someone in this thread saying that they no longer need a DD in place if you are in deferment. You (if you are under the threshold) and I are in deferment but Erudio are in denial about it as it is not good for THEIR PROFITS . And THEIR PROFITS are all they care about.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure