Iii

Options

Comments

• frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

well, quarterly fund rebate paid today, so considering the holidays that's good.

Maybe, just maybe they are getting things sorted and up to speed.
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ...i hope so, or i will be looking for a new ISA and SIPP home during the next few weeks/months.:think:
  • amandajc
    amandajc Posts: 217 Forumite
    Options
    Personally I have had no significant problems with II apart from a very protracted S&S ISA transfer which didn't actually cause me any real issues as I didn't need to trade the funds in question at the time.

My fund rebate was credited today which, along with the much reduced charges we are paying, more than makes up for this. Maybe we've just been lucky but I'm very glad I made the change as I'm pretty pleased with our savings so far.
  • DiamondLil
    DiamondLil Posts: 655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My and my husband's fund rebates have been credited today; and last week a couple of tax credits too.
    I'm still sitting on the fence, but I have to admit to feeling a little better off since I moved to III.
    The credits into my account have been fairly substantial and I am now beginning to realise just how much I was paying in charges/fees etc.

Here's hoping....
  • JenniferK
    JenniferK Posts: 264 Forumite
    Options
    DiamondLil wrote: »
    My and my husband's fund rebates have been credited today; and last week a couple of tax credits too.
    I'm still sitting on the fence, but I have to admit to feeling a little better off since I moved to III.
    The credits into my account have been fairly substantial and I am now beginning to realise just how much I was paying in charges/fees etc.

Here's hoping....

The fund rebates as you know them will actually cease once III convert all fund holdings to a clean class. They have to do that by sometime in 2016. Most platforms have already started that process. Clean finds should outperform dirty funds. Swings and roundabouts.
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Options
    JenniferK wrote: »
    Most platforms have already started that process. Clean finds should outperform dirty funds.
    That's the important point. III said they were starting the conversions in March 2014 ... they haven't even started!
    Meanwhile, those with dirty funds are having their fund value reduced by "giving back some of the charges" which would be better used to increase the fund value.
  • Nocto
    Nocto Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    DiamondLil wrote: »

Here's hoping....

Received my rebate too.

For me it’s still a dilemma whether to stick with III for the time being. I like receiving the rebates from my old dirty funds, as it tops up my income without the need to sell any units. So I personally don’t mind if it takes them until next year to get around to converting.

As for the late dividends… I received a few of the end Nov dividends at the beginning of December, most of the rest towards the middle, and I still have one outstanding… (A slight improvement on the August dividend fiasco!)

Anyone else still waiting for November’s Newton Asian Income div?

I haven’t called them about it yet due to a very busy month. I plan to bend their ears on Monday - I think I’ve been more than patient!
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,447 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    le_loup wrote: »
    Meanwhile, those with dirty funds are having their fund value reduced by "giving back some of the charges" which would be better used to increase the fund value.
    It depends how the fund performs. The only dirty fund I have is Marlborough UK Micro Cap Growth, which has not been doing well over the past few months. Any money creamed off the fund and rebated prior to that is preservation of capital.

What I'm more concerned about is what I'm going to do with the £50 of trading credit (including my last tranche of joining incentive) just added to my account. My S&S ISA is full and it looks like this will expire just before the next tax year. It's a bit early for a rebalance, although I suppose if markets tumble in the next quarter I'll be glad of it.
  • DiamondLil
    DiamondLil Posts: 655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    le_loup wrote: »

I use my trading credit to re-invest the rebates.... I'm actually having some fun with it all at the moment, choosing other funds and shares in which to put the money, just for a change.
  • JenniferK
    JenniferK Posts: 264 Forumite
    Options
    What my research shows is that the performance of clean funds easily beats that of the equivalent dirty fund even after allowing for the rebates via III. The conclusion is therefore that it is better to be in clean funds rather than receiving rebates via III.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure