IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

I've been following the old "ignore all letters" advice

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 15 February 2014 at 2:55PM
    Options
    thats the problem with most people, too many assumptions !

its only if you dont pay the court judgement within the stipulated timescale that it becomes a CCJ

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/understand-judgments-fines/ccjs-what-are-they
    Your CCJ options

You have 5 options:
    • Pay in full You can choose to pay the amount in full straight away (plus any interest and court fees shown). If you do, you don't need to send the forms back. There won't be a court hearing and you won't have a CCJ recorded against you.
  • bethanyayres
    Options
    Oh my god thank you so much. So if I fight it, go to court, and even if I get found guilty but pay within the set timescale then it won't be classed as a CCJ?

I could kiss you! xx
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    You have normally 28 days before a judgement is registered, so pay before then and nothing is added. Can I just say that is assuming the parking company wins, you can equally win as well, and could claim costs against them
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • bethanyayres
    Options
    Thank you so much guys - I was just going to pay the £870 to get them off my back as I was terrified it'd end up as a CCJ. I'm going to fight them on this.
  • Stroma
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    £870 for a parking invoice, is that a typo?
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
  • bethanyayres
    Options
    Nope - they say that the car received 8 tickets! It's a free car park....
  • Stroma
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Well that's different to the one you said you've had in the original post. Did you get letters for all these?
  • kirkbyinfurnesslad_2
    Options
    I wouldnt even think of paying that.

So first things first. Log on to the MCOL website , acknowledge the claim, and advised that you will be defending in full and ask for the extra time to defend it

I suggest you look here: http://www.parking-prankster.com/ , it will be give you some tips on where to start

Where in the country are you? , depending on where you you may get some help at an actual court appearance
    Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T
  • bethanyayres
    Options
    I haven't got letters for all of them - Excel seem to have bundled all charges together. I've only received 2 NTK's. And 2 different debt collection letters.

Today I asked Excel for a copy of all the paperwork they have sent me and they refused. So I'll be writing into them for a copy.

I have photographic evidence that they've lied about what time the driver was at the car park until. And when they've said the driver has walked off site there are receipts showing they were on site.

I'm based in Leeds.
  • Stroma
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Do as advised, acknowledge the claim on mcol, say you will defend in full, and ask for the full 28 days to formulate your defence. Can you confirm when that has been done
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport