Bad Customer Service

Options
Had extremely bad customer service from this company avoid at all costs. Customer service is non existent

I just wondered what my rights were?

I have shopped with the company a couple of times but this is my first attempt at returning a product thats faulty. I bought my daughter an order of sensory products, one of which was a sensory room lightbulb (spins around different colour lights, fits into standard light socket) this was bought on 28/11/13. it completely stopped working on 11/12/13 so i filled in the online form.

ever since that date calls, emails everything has been ignored, i even messaged them on facebook. they deleted my message and blocked me! I got an email eventually this morning from someone (nearly a month later, now thats customer service!) saying its not covered under the sale of goods act as its consumable item therefore they are rejecting my claim to return item.

Weve had the most awful christmas as my daughter has autism and remembers the light and loved it, then when it stopped working she couldnt cope with the change and has just been in the most awful state

Is there anything i can do? The light didnt even last 14 days before stopping working

Comments

• Slowhand
    Slowhand Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    transient wrote: »
    Had extremely bad customer service from this company avoid at all costs. Customer service is non existent

I just wondered what my rights were?

I have shopped with the company a couple of times but this is my first attempt at returning a product thats faulty. I bought my daughter an order of sensory products, one of which was a sensory room lightbulb (spins around different colour lights, fits into standard light socket) this was bought on 28/11/13. it completely stopped working on 11/12/13 so i filled in the online form.

ever since that date calls, emails everything has been ignored, i even messaged them on facebook. they deleted my message and blocked me! I got an email eventually this morning from someone (nearly a month later, now thats customer service!) saying its not covered under the sale of goods act as its consumable item therefore they are rejecting my claim to return item.

Weve had the most awful christmas as my daughter has autism and remembers the light and loved it, then when it stopped working she couldnt cope with the change and has just been in the most awful state

Is there anything i can do? The light didnt even last 14 days before stopping working

Have you posted about this problem before?
  • Enfieldian
    Enfieldian Posts: 2,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Which company are you warning us of?

You have not named them in your post.
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 January 2014 at 1:55PM
    Options
    I seem to remember someone else having a similar problem with that company, though I can't seem to find the thread at the moment ;)
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    You as well? Your story sounds pretty much identical to the problem another poster had with https://www.cheapdisabilityaids.co.uk! ;):D
  • Twisted_Cherry
    Options
    Slowhand wrote: »
    Have you posted about this problem before?

Yes the same topic was on the Disability Board, does the OP have two names?
  • Tiffany_Aching
    Tiffany_Aching Posts: 463 Forumite
    edited 17 January 2014 at 2:35PM
    Options
    Has yet another thread about www.cheapdisabilityaids.co.uk been removed?

Is this due to the owner not being happy about www.cheapdisabilityaids.co.uk getting very poor feedback about its customer service? Be careful, OP, or you will find that they will no longer discuss the matter with you and will tell you that in order for you to get a replacement you will have to take them to court, and he will want to charge you £150 for his time. ;) This happened to another poster who had an almost identical issue with www.cheapdisabilityaids.co.uk. ;)

A completely different poster also had problems with www.disabilityaids.co.uk andposted about it on www.cheapdisabilityaids.co.uk forum, but they found that they also had their post removed and were banned. Luckily they had a suspicion that this may happen so they made a copy of their post www.cheapdisabilityaids.netat http://cheapdisabilityaids.net/

These companies charge a huge markup or items for the disabled and it really pees me off when they have such bad customer service.
    Jan NSD 4/15
    2015 Pay £7000 Off Debt No. 107 £566.51/£7000
  • mattyprice4004
    Options
    Is there really any need to post the same thread again?
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good to see that cheapdisabilityaids.net is still around.
  • ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is there really any need to post the same thread again?

Yes. Again and again, and the more the owner of www.cheapdisabilityaids.co.uk complains about it, the more it should be posted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure