IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC charge notice

Options
Hi,

My employer has received a charge notice from UKPC with regards to overstay in a Mcdonalds carpark.

I've been told to advise my employer to name me as driver/keeper, and then for me to respond after UKPC contact me direct.

Is this going to be the best way of dealing with these crooks?

I have received a copy of the notice, which has pictures of vehicle arriving in and leaving the car park, and relevant times.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

I'm going to read through some threads to see if I can see a similar situation

Thanks.

Comments

• Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes. They should do just that giving your name and address. You then need to do a soft appeal in order to get a POPLA code when you get the paperwork.
  • rooter75
    rooter75 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Guys Dad

That's really appreciated.

I'll put updates on here as I progress.

Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm going to read through some threads to see if I can see a similar situation

Search the forum for 'McDonalds' or the name of the retail park itself, using the 'search this forum' heading on the right above the current threads on page one of the parking forum board, next to 'forum tools'. Change the default search to 'show posts' rather than show threads which is too confusing. 'Show posts' gives recent results and they'll be very relevant.

I can tell you that Vomityspice has just posted a POPLA adjudication decision about the McDonalds car park at Riverside Retail Park in Northampton. It's in the sticky 'POPLA decisions' at the end of course. And in the 'Successful Complaints about PPCs' sticky thread I have linked two or three threads talking about their success with complaining to McDonalds Managers, to get these charges cancelled easily!

Sticky threads are the info threads permanently 'stuck' at the top of any forum.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • rooter75
    Options
    Thanks Coupon.

I've had a look through some of the popla appeals and it looks very complicated.

I'm going to visit the Mcdonalds early next week to speak to complain to the manager.

I'll get some photos of signs and positioning.

It doesn't state on the charge notice how long I overstayed.

Also on the back of the notice the contact email is mcdonalds@appealpcn.co.uk.

Is this anything to do with McDonald's, and if not is this not a blatant attempt to make people think they are dealing with mcdonalds directly.

What should I be putting in my 1st appeal?

Sorry for the long post, but feeling nervous about this now.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I've had a look through some of the popla appeals and it looks very complicated.

Nah, it's easy, there are so many to copy from now!

I'm going to visit the Mcdonalds early next week to speak to complain to the manager.

Good, go in suited and booted and with the ticket and the receipt or any proof of purchase if you have it (don't worry if you don't have a receipt). Look like you mean business!
    I'll get some photos of signs and positioning.

It doesn't state on the charge notice how long I overstayed.

That's all good. Does it state just the 'time of the contravention' but not a period of time which could be construed as the 'period of parking'?

Also on the back of the notice the contact email is [EMAIL="mcdonalds@appealpcn.co.uk"]mcdonalds@appealpcn.co.uk[/EMAIL].

Is this anything to do with McDonald's, and if not is this not a blatant attempt to make people think they are dealing with mcdonalds directly.

I suspect it's nothing to do with McDonalds but I am not certain.

See how you get on with the McD's Manager next week first. You don't appeal yet anyway because you have to wait for your employer to give your name and address to UKPC as the driver, THEN for UKPC to send you a Notice to Driver (assuming there was never a windscreen version?).
  • rooter75
    Options
    There's an in time, out time and total duration.

It doesn't say a maximum allowed parking time, just vehicle was in violation of the terms and conditions displayed on the signage.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 26 October 2013 at 7:26PM
    Options
    There's an in time, out time and total duration.

That's a 'period of parking' then (ish!). I know it's not evidence of actual parking but it's close enough IMHO.

But I bet there are more things wrong with the Notice. Can you show a BROKEN LINK (no http://) showing a close up photo of the front & back of the ticket? Or alternatively, Google 'Schedule 4 Freedoms Act' and look at paragraph 9 which talks in simple bullet points about NTKs posted without any 'windscreen ticket' (which is what I gather this is?). Look at every point 9a) through to the last one (9h)? and spot what is NOT stated on that Notice to Keeper that they posted. Was it posted before day 14? Does it state them as 'Creditor'? etc. etc. (there's more to check)!
  • rooter75
    Options
    Whats a broken link?

Should I blank pics out etc?

Thanks for the advice
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    rooter75 wrote: »
    Whats a broken link?

Should I blank pics out etc?

Thanks for the advice

Remove the http:// from the web address.

HTH (Hope This Helps :))
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Make sure your employer DOES name you as the driver, and doesn't just pay it thinking it is a "fine".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure