Anyone heard of Harewood Property & Investments

Options
Has anyone heard of Harewood Property & investment Company? Check them out at harewoodassociates.co.uk

They offer a 12%PA return on investments from £5000 to £250,000.

Just wondered if anyone has heard of them and if they are above board.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your capital has no consumer protection and at risk of 100% loss. The guarantee is no such thing. It is not a regulated scheme. They say things that a regulated scheme would never be able to say.

Yes we have heard of them. Do a google search. It is not for the feint hearted and if you decide to do it, then consider it money that you can afford to lose.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
  • Ifts
    Ifts Posts: 1,952 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Options
    Never let the perfume of the premium overpower the odour of the risk
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,116 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nobody who hasn't just signed up to MSE seems to have a good word to say about them. Go figure.
  • martinthebandit
    martinthebandit Posts: 4,422 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Zango wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of Harewood Property & investment Company? Check them out at harewoodassociates.co.uk

They offer a 12%PA return on investments from £5000 to £250,000.

Just wondered if anyone has heard of them and if they are above board.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

12% pa return? I wonder why that sounds almost to good to be true?
  • j0nathon2
    j0nathon2 Posts: 292 Forumite
    Options
    Accounting Reference Date: 31/01
    Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
    Next Accounts Due: 03/10/2011 OVERDUE
    Last Return Made Up To: 03/01/2011
    Next Return Due: 31/01/2012 OVERDUE

I find it bizarre that they have, depending on what version of their site you look on, renovated and sold over 2000 properties, but never filed any accounts.

Going back through their site history, they list developments, that if I search on Google now, I cannot find. They also seem to alternative between using the words "safe" and "secure" when talking about their anything from 25 to 40 percent "interest".

Also, the director's other company, HAREWOOD PROPERTY INVESTMENT LTD, has been voluntary struck off, probably for the same reason - it hasn't actually traded.
  • Zango
    Zango Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who replied.

I thought it sounded too good to be true but thought I would ask the question.

Thanks again
  • grizzly1911
    grizzly1911 Posts: 9,965 Forumite
    Options
    j0nathon2 wrote: »
    I find it bizarre that they have, depending on what version of their site you look on, renovated and sold over 2000 properties, but never filed any accounts.

Going back through their site history, they list developments, that if I search on Google now, I cannot find. They also seem to alternative between using the words "safe" and "secure" when talking about their anything from 25 to 40 percent "interest".

Also, the director's other company, HAREWOOD PROPERTY INVESTMENT LTD, has been voluntary struck off, probably for the same reason - it hasn't actually traded.

I have passed one of the sites featured on the "Associates" website.

I have no idea how, or even if they are, linked to the site but for what they are it looks a select, good quality development.

It is not an investment opportunity that I would take up and I have absolutely no connection to them.
    "If you act like an illiterate man, your learning will never stop... Being uneducated, you have no fear of the future.".....

"big business is parasitic, like a mosquito, whereas I prefer the lighter touch, like that of a butterfly. "A butterfly can suck honey from the flower without damaging it," "Arunachalam Muruganantham
  • j0nathon2
    j0nathon2 Posts: 292 Forumite
    edited 13 July 2013 at 9:13PM
    Options
    I have no idea how, or even if they are, linked to the site but for what they are it looks a select, good quality development.

I see no evidence they've ever developed anything, despite their site in 2011 claiming to have done over 2000!

Sherwood Homes Ltd. was only incorporated in January. Of course it has the same director as HAREWOOD VENTURE CAPITAL LTD.

The current director of Harewood associates is a director of a company called clarity investment partners ltd, which used to be called harewood investment partners ltd and had the same director as sherwood and harewood venture capital. The director of harewood associates has had company secretary posts all over. The director of those companies she was the company secretary of also just happens to own the domain https://www.sherwoodhomes.co.uk too.

I think I am happy with 2.85% variable interest, it's so much easier to know who is taking my money!
  • Fabs45
    Fabs45 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 26 February 2014 at 9:37AM
    Options
    Hi just wanted to add what I found on the internet when I looked into Harewood. (Text removed by MSE forum Team) They are both named as director/company secretary on several failed companies in the building and pub trades.

I wondered why (text removed by MSE forum Team) is no longer named as director on the new companies and when looking on the London Gazette it appears that he was declared bankrupt in 2011.

He is part of the (text removed by MSE forum Team) family who seem to be responsible for several failed companies. One was (text removed by MSE forum Team) (Heritage Homes) from Bury who went into administration after being featured on ITV Builders from Hell and after being subject to a commons motion signed by several MPs in the North West (search Bolton News for (text removed by MSE forum Team) it comes up in the archives for 1998).

Another brother (text removed by MSE forum Team) appears to be in prison for fraud relating to a property scam if you look at the news from 2011.

Wow it's amazing what you can find on the internet these days when you do your research. Just goes to show if it looks to good to be true it usually is.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure