What's the best thing you've got on Freecycle?

Options

Comments

• Discodee
    Discodee Posts: 2,062 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've had a much needed bike, a tv/vid combi for our bedroom and ski pants!

The only thing that spoils it for me are the mods on our site, they are dictatorial and rude. eg i put a post on once and put my full postcode by mistake instead of just the first part. Now if that was me, and I was a moderator on 2 internet forums for many years. i'd have just removed the second part of the postcode and put it on. Not these people. got a curt email saying "NO FULL POSTCODE!" And I had to redo it LOL Another time I asked for a washing machine inlet hose saying ours has broken. Got a message saying DO NOT PUT REASONS WHY NEEDED and had to redo! *Rolls eyes* What makes me laugh is even though they are little sergeant majors, they cannot differentiate between your and you're!! lmao. I'd love to correct it for them ;)
    I can be brown I can be blue I can be violet and sky. I can be hurtful I can be purple I can be anything you like..Gotta be green gotta be mean gotta be everything more...
  • freeisgood
    freeisgood Posts: 549 Forumite
    Options
    Well I know someone did well on freecycle.....they got a lovely working car (from us) :)
  • montyrebel
    montyrebel Posts: 646 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can someone point me in the direction of one local to me, postcode is BT39 and I am roughly close to Belfast.

Feel free to post here if allowed or PM me.

Thanks
    mortui non mordent
  • Discodee
    Discodee Posts: 2,062 Forumite
    Options
    freeisgood wrote: »
    Well I know someone did well on freecycle.....they got a lovely working car (from us) :)
    :eek: Why didn't you sell it??
    I can be brown I can be blue I can be violet and sky. I can be hurtful I can be purple I can be anything you like..Gotta be green gotta be mean gotta be everything more...
  • AngelsMadv
    AngelsMadv Posts: 2,668 Forumite
    Options
    The best ever we've had was 1 tonne of top soil from a gentleman local to us. He saved it for us as I run a local charity that has a small allotment for male carers and children.

We've since stayed in contact and we've had a wheelbarrow, rake, spade, composter, water butt and lots of decking panels, all that have gone into use at the allotment.

Here's one of the latest pics - everything you see in the picture has come from Freecylce and / or funding (except my DD3 of course :D).

9qb76c.jpg
    I am firmly across the line. I won't impose my values on you if you keep away from mine.
    Updated 14/10/14 :A
  • freeisgood
    freeisgood Posts: 549 Forumite
    Options
    "Why didn't you sell it??"

Ahhhh, the spirit of giving. Someone who was desperate asked for one, and we had had one spare.

We have got loads off freecycle so what goes around comes around.

:j
  • natlie
    natlie Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I recently got a solid Mexican dining table - old restaurant table which seats 6-8 it was just what I was looking for - I have given away a lot of stuff so glad to have something useful back :)
    DMP: £30,668 £3,364.02 DFD July 2024
  • KAAT_LADY
    KAAT_LADY Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 June 2013 at 4:39PM
    Options
    montyrebel wrote: »
    Can someone point me in the direction of one local to me, postcode is BT39 and I am roughly close to Belfast.

Feel free to post here if allowed or PM me.

Thanks

http://trashnothing.com/g/United_Kingdom/Northern_Ireland/Belfast_Freecycle

http://groups.freecycle.org/belfastUKfreecycle/posts/all
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,162 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I received a nice electric hob via freecycle/freegle and also a Dualit toaster.

I've given away a number of computers and bikes, and am right now offering a leather sofa.
  • holbol1
    holbol1 Posts: 124 Forumite
    Options
    i love love love freecycle!!!!!! its is great, i get lots of lovely craft bits for work! the kids love it but it is used so quickly we cant afford to keep buying it! Freecycle is great other peoples waste is our treasure! We have given away exercise bikes and many other things too!! and everyone is so lovely and understanding about timings on things (i dont try so it often takes a few days for me to arrange a lift to collect.)

My best experience was a guy gave me a kids bike for work and whilst i was there offered me loads of fancy dress clothes as he thought the playground my like them!! Amazing!!
    2014 challenges:

52 week money challenge
    Swagbucks, started Jan 2014- £15: £15 voucher target (target reached in a month!) now £55:£100 for the year
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure