How many vegans on board?

Wasn't sure where to put this, thought here was best because it is an environmental topic too.

*is nosy*

Btw I haven't put this thread here to debate about veganism, if you don't agree with it put yer own d@mn thread up :p
The stupid things you do, you regret... if you have any sense, and if you don't regret them, maybe you're stupid. - Katharine Hepburn

Comments

• Pandora123_2
    Pandora123_2 Posts: 517 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ME!

(But you already knew that, sleepymy :) )
    I want to move to theory. Everything works in theory.
  • sleepymy
    sleepymy Posts: 6,097 Forumite
    Hallo Pandora :wave:
    will I put the kettle on while we're waiting on the rest? *wants some vegan chocolate cake*
    The stupid things you do, you regret... if you have any sense, and if you don't regret them, maybe you're stupid. - Katharine Hepburn
  • Pandora123_2
    sleepymy wrote:
    Hallo Pandora :wave:
    will I put the kettle on while we're waiting on the rest? *wants some vegan chocolate cake*

hehe, okay. Chocolate cake? Well, you're talking to someone who had a chocolate cake as their wedding cake, so that would go down well!
  • sleepymy
    Oohh so did I girl :cool:

And I got married in a red dress *is chocolate loving hussy*

*leaves trail of whizzer mini eggs to tempt t'other vegans along*
  • Pandora123_2
    sleepymy wrote:
    Oohh so did I girl :cool:

And I got married in a red dress *is chocolate loving hussy*

*leaves trail of whizzer mini eggs to tempt t'other vegans along*

:rotfl:

mmmm whizzer mini eggs. Have you tried Organica's Chocolate Couverture Bar? Tastes like caramel milk chocolate, but it's vegan. They also do a vegan white choc bar, but I haven't tried it yet.

:A
  • sleepymy
    I have tried the couverture bar but didn't like it, though it might have been because I tried it too soon after going vegan and my palate hadn't adjusted.

Green & Blacks have hit the nail on the head when it comes to taste, it's just a pity they're owned by Cadburys. I have to admit to giving in to the call of their maya gold when I'm baking chocolate muffins *drools*. The plamil ones are good but don't quite have the kick though.

I'll have to post the muffin recipe here, it's very easy and they're delicious. I was thinking people could use this thread to post vegan recipes and products that they like.
  • slinks
    slinks Posts: 698 Forumite
    whizzer mini eggs! yay!

would love to go vegan - been veggie for half my life and don't like milk or eggs but am a sucker for veggie cheese and' normal' chocolate - except whizzer eggs, they're yum!
  • adouglasmhor
    adouglasmhor Posts: 15,554 Forumite
    Photogenic
    My GF is vegan, I am not even veggy but I do not eat meat or dairy.

Top vegan choccies in my opinion, Booja Booja (expensive I know), Green and Blacks Maya Gold, Organica Vegan Hazelnut Nougat & Dark Chocolate
    501097b.jpg (I ate one by mistake honest), B'Nice Belgian Natural Chocolate Non-Dairy Dessert (it's rice milk based and even better than Swedish Glace).
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head. Terry Pratchett

http.thisisnotalink.cöm
  • bluemoon_3
    bluemoon_3 Posts: 297 Forumite
    :hello: Another vegan here!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 5 - #1742 :j
  • mutley_muppet
    mutley_muppet Posts: 1,071 Forumite
    Hi everyone! I've been vegan for 20 years (since I was 15). :D

Did you see Panorama last night about green living?
    They said the best way to cut down our envirnomental footprint is to go vegan.

(To anyone thinking about it... go for it, it ain't that hard, honest.:p )
    "I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again."

Stephen Grellet, (1773-1855).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport