PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• Sparkle_66
    Options
    Been lurking in the shadows lately so just thought I'd post an update regarding my 2nd PPI claim to Co-operative Bank. Having been successful in May £6340, there were a further 2 loans from 1996 & 1997 which were not taken into consideration due to timescales & lack of info. I sent a SAR & eventually I received CCAs for a loan in 1994 (in joint names with ex-husband so wont get my hopes up on this) another for 1997 loan & a payment schedule with page 1 missing but no CCA for the 1996 loan. I didn't receive an acknowledgement so phoned 2 weeks later to confirm receipt and have just phoned again today as 8 weeks were up last week. No notes held on my account since info received so very helpful Customer Services man has messaged PPI Dept so hopefully they will phone me soon with some more good news. They were able to go so far bank as I banked with them for 25+ years and all loans were part of a consolidation chain until finally settled in 2006. Reasons for claim pre-existing medical condition with a sickness claim refused, Civil Service employee and front loaded PPI.
    Also nagged at my friend to check her old loans & she found full details of a Nat West loan with PPI taken out around 2002 so has submitted a claim too. Hope she is successful too.
  • macarena123
    Options
    Hello all! Quick (probably stupid) question from a newbie here.

I have been in touch with Ikano Financial Services re: some storecards. They confirmed I had PPI via GE Capital, now Pinnacle.I am going to contact Pinnacle for a copy of the agreement but if I make a claim, who would it be with - the card company or the insurance broker?

Many thanks!
  • nee666
    nee666 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Sent a claim to HSBC a while ago for an old cc 1994, statement clearly showing ppi, 2 letters off HSBC today, both with same date, same department, 1 saying we don't keep records more than six years, another saying have searched our records & can confirm ppi has been on this account since 1992.......
    Says nothing else, doesn't even say there looking in to it, what do I do now?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    nee666 wrote: »
    Sent a claim to HSBC a while ago for an old cc 1994, statement clearly showing ppi, 2 letters off HSBC today, both with same date, same department, 1 saying we don't keep records more than six years, another saying have searched our records & can confirm ppi has been on this account since 1992.......
    Says nothing else, doesn't even say there looking in to it, what do I do now?
    What kind of "claim" did you send? These sound like responses do a request for information rather than complaint replies...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    HI am going to contact Pinnacle for a copy of the agreement
    These won't be available if the accounts are closed
    but if I make a claim, who would it be with - the card company or the insurance broker?
    You have to make mis-selling complaints to the seller of the insurance. This will have been the individual store named on the card.
  • nee666
    nee666 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    What kind of "claim" did you send? These sound like responses do a request for information rather than complaint replies...

Started mid July with miss sold claims, some are past 6 years so "no record" sent a sar a week later, which I still haven't had........
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    nee666 wrote: »
    Started mid July with miss sold claims, some are past 6 years so "no record" sent a sar a week later, which I still haven't had........
    Do you mean you've been told there is no record, but you STILL sent a SAR letter?
    Do you think the Bank will suddenly find the information because you pay £10?

HSBC are seemingly the most fastidious Bank in following the FSA six year guideline in destroying old information. Some have accused them of "hiding" behind this rule, but the fact remains that if the Bank say they no longer have the information then only your own archive can provide it.
  • Gladywaddy
    Options
    Hi I'd really appreciate it if someone could take a look at post I submitted a couple of weeks ago (#4897)and let me know what they think (pretty please).

PS I tried to post a hyperlink to my post but I was told I wasn't allowed :-(
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Gladywaddy wrote: »
    Hi I'd really appreciate it if someone could take a look at post I submitted a couple of weeks ago (#4897)and let me know what they think (pretty please). -(
    Happy to oblige...
    Gladywaddy wrote: »
    I sent a SAR request together with £10 to Barclaycard they responded saying that if my SAR request is about PPI I didn't need to send £10 and they enclosed my cheque. They asked me to confirm what the request was for so I confirmed it was for PPI. They then just sent me a print out containing the account numbers of my current Barclaycard and the one other card I was aware of - both had a 'N' in the 'account PPI flag' column but nothing about the card I held between 1997 to 2000. Is it possible they could be trying to pull a fast one....
    The year 2000 is twelve years ago, 1997 even longer ago. It appears there are no records of this finance at the Bank or they would have listed it in their response.
  • nee666
    Options
    Do you mean you've been told there is no record, but you STILL sent a SAR letter?
    Do you think the Bank will suddenly find the information because you pay £10?

HSBC are seemingly the most fastidious Bank in following the FSA six year guideline in destroying old information. Some have accused them of "hiding" behind this rule, but the fact remains that if the Bank say they no longer have the information then only your own archive can provide it.
    IS THERE ANY NEED FOR THE BOLD TYPE???? Thought this was a friendly forum? As you've digressed from my original post I will give you the whole story.....

My inlaws told me in june about ppi they had refunded from lloyds all the way back to the 90s, 1call to the bank £16k back,
    Early July I sent a letter asking for any loans/cards with ppi to HSBC who I've banked with since 1989,( I sent same request to numerous others also mbna & Amex paid :j ) in the preceding 23 years I've been married divorced, remarried, flooded, burgled & set up 2 businesses of which both are still running, moved house 6 times, so as you can imagine a lot of paper work, so no I haven't got all my documentation,
    HSBC wrote back no ppi in last 6 years, I stumbled upon this site read a few post decided to send a sar after all it's my £10 I'm spending no one elses,
    Spoke to the lady in the bank who I've known for years who gave me 10 loan accounts 4 c card accounts, 1 morgage protection policy, so I spent 2days going through what paper work I have shoved in my loft, garage, office & cellar at work, found documentation for 5 loans 1 card, which I sent of end of July along with my reasons for complaint, it's being dealt with at v mo,
    Now if I wish to ask HSBC for all the info they have on me that is my legal right to do so if I pay £10.......
    I have only used HSBC to bank with since 2000, as my then wife's dad was an ifa ( his company are still my ifa), when he looked at my finances he informed me HSBC were fleecing me ppi mpi almost useless, I took it up with the manager but got fobbed off, so here we are, I will try my hardest to get as much back off them as I can, after all it's my money!!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback