water saving

Andrea
Andrea Posts: 368 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped! Chutzpah Haggler Newshound! PPI Party Pooper
edited 23 August 2010 at 5:00PM in Freebies (no spend required)

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Filling a half-litre soft drinks bottle with water is meant to work just as well ...
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Andrea
    They're posted really quickly. I just got my two this morning. They're basically bags with granules in that expand as they soak up the water so its fairly easy to get them past and under the ball in the cistern. :)
  • mini
    mini Posts: 833 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have mine ;D

The envelope rattled & I wondered what it may be ::)

Thanks Andrea ;D
  • ioscorpio
    ioscorpio Posts: 2,360 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks
    Rec mine yest so will save me more money from next week when I have my water meter fitted.
  • Andrea
    Thats great iomexico.  Hope they're putting your meter outside your house and not inside  :)

I've only just started a new billing period so its quite good timing.  When i get my next bill it'll be interesting to compare it to the same period last year and see what difference it made.
  • vanoonoo
    vanoonoo Posts: 1,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    mine arrived this morning so I shall install this evening and report back :)
    Blah
  • Ra
    Ra Posts: 16 Forumite
    installed mine on Sat.

Unfortunately it doesnt really fit too well as it wider than the gap between the side and the pipe. So it sort of sits at an odd angle and refuses to stay on the bottom, regardless of how many times ive squeezed excess air out! So i hope it's doing its job!!
  • Andrea
    Mine's the same Ra. It said on the bag that its supposed to go between the ball and the side but mine won't. It just kind of sits more or less on the bottom.

I assumed it does the job anyway because its size displaces water meaning less water is needed to refill the cistern every time you flush so it doesn't matter exactly where it sits. I don't know the first thing about how toilets work though so this is just a guess. ::)
  • Ra
    Ra Posts: 16 Forumite
    i was just making sure that the unique way mine (ours) sits in the bowl wouldnt interfer with the ball in any ways..seems ok though!
  • david78
    david78 Posts: 1,654 Forumite
    Great these are back! I had a few some years ago -- they were being given away in B&Q. I took them out because they shrunk after a couple of years and stopped functioning. I still have a spare in my garage somewhere which I must dig out but i'll also order some more.

It doesn't really matter how they sit in your cistern as long as they expand and displace water.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure