We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

water saving

Options

Comments

• JackieClarrie
    Options
    This was a great tip, thanks Andrea. My water is metered and I'm constantly worrying about it so this will make a welcome difference to my bills I hope. As well as helping the environment of course.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,117 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi :)
    Does anyone know if it would be beneficial for me, to have a water meter installed? There's just me & my son in my house & I pay almost £200 a year to Thames Water.
  • Andrea
    Andrea Posts: 368 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Chutzpah Haggler Newshound! PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi Miranda

There are a couple of past threads that may help you make your decision: Water bills questions and comment and Switching to water meter. :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,117 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    After seeing this thread on the newsletter I went to Anglian Waters web site (my supplier) and they have a similar device available FREE (a word we all love). For anyone else living in Anglian waters area if you mail INTSVCS@anglianwater.co.uk and leave your full postal address requesting a "Freddie Frog" water displacement device they will send one. I only asked for mine yesterday so I cant say how long it will take to arrive.

Oh and regarding meters v rates.... I live alone, only take showers and run my washing machine 1 or 2 times a week. My water bills vary between £35 and £50 per 6 monthly bill.
  • Sir_Stanley_Bowles
    Options
    Thanks for that got mine this morning :D

regards Sir Stanley :-*
  • LincsLad_3
    LincsLad_3 Posts: 611 Forumite
    Options
    OK then, since I just had my meter installed yesterday (Anglian Water quote up to 10 working weeks for the SURVEY - fortunately he surveyed and fitted at the same time), I already have the Severn Trent bag - is the Anglian Freddie Frog better or worse in saving terms??

And £70-100 per year sounds a lot better than the £384 I currently pay them!! :)
  • AndieJ_2
    AndieJ_2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    It hasn't Grittyhubcap - just follow my instructions in the first post.  I had to put the underscore in because when I first posted the full link the profanity filter changed it (don't ask my why - i can't quite work out what rude word is in there).  ::)
    t-w-a-t would be the word
    something missing
  • Andrea
    Andrea Posts: 368 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Chutzpah Haggler Newshound! PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Er, yes. Thanks for that. As I said in a more recent post, I did finally work that out. :)
  • bridiej
    bridiej Posts: 5,775 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just ordered mine! Thanks for the tip... ;D

I just pop in now and then.... :)
    transcribing
  • quickquid
    quickquid Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When we had water shortages in 70's because of hot summers, we were told to put a housebrick in the cistern
    Also spotted this for the loo  ;D :

Just noticed the profanity filter changed the url.  You'll have to cut and paste it and then remove the underscore between 'st' and 'watersmart'

https://vault2.secured-url.com/st_watersmart/index.asp
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.6K Travel & Transport