paying by UK evoucher????

Options

Comments

• eribar
    eribar Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    I emailed them about using visa and had a reply saying they do not accept visa in this country at present.
    I also wonder about import duty. Their terms and conditions refer to Californian law so if items are imported from USA there would most likely be import duty to pay.
    It would be interesting to order something cheap and see what happens
    There is a huge range of items available, if this is a scam it is a very comprehensive one
  • Bob641uk
    Options
    Out of interest I completed the whole sales process. You get sent an e-mail with the text below. My e-mail client is only HTML so I am asuming that if I had a rich text client I would be able to test out the link at step 4. Needless to say I have not done anything about the voucher!! Caveat emptor!!
    "Payment information: e-Voucher is available as a payment method only if you live in United Kingdom. There are nearly 22,000 terminals located in newsagents, convenience stores, supermarkets, credit unions, garages and off-licences near to you.
    Step 1: Find a PayPoint Agent location here You can pay anywhere you see the PayPoint sign.
    Step 2: Click here and Print this coupon with shopkeeper instructions, note the amount you need to pay for your order and take it into your local convenience store and show it to the shopkeeper. If you don't have a scanner you can only note the 5 steps from the coupon. This is only to give the shop-keeper a helping hand in case he is not well informed.
    STEP 3: Ask for Ukash Voucher with the necessary value and give the shopkeeper your cash. The shopkeeper will print your voucher (unique 19-digit number). Take the voucher and use it to pay for your order. The maximum limit for a voucher is: 499.00
    GBP. If your order exceeds this sum you may buy and combine two or several vouchers.
    STEP 4: Clik here to pay. Just enter the unique 19-digit number and the exact value from your voucher.
    IMPORTANT - For this payment method the item(s) you ordered will come with an extra one year extended warranty for free (for example: if your item should normally arrive with a one year limited warranty, it will come with a two year extended warranty)."
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Its a scam site dont use it the owner of another site similar name posted today that its a scam apparently

I am the owner of Buyitplayit.com which is a company owned by OG International.net. This site is currently dormant and not accepting orders.

There is a site just launched which is buyitplayit.eu and buyitplayit.org which is offering alot of products at amazing prices.

This company is not affiliated in any way with buyitplayit.com and i believe the site is not genuine. The address in belfast is a virtual office address and the company which runs the virtual office company has contacted me as many people have ordered from the .eu and .org sites and not recieved goods.

Please be very carefull with this site. Many people are not getting the goods and the prices are to good to be true. They are also offering some very strange payment method.

Please be very careful, this site is nothing to do with Buyitplayit.com

Regards
    Jim Scott
  • whemac
    Options
    With reference to the Buyitplayit.org site thanks to all who have commented previously.
    I attempted to find out its validity and ordered an item. I then sent 3 e-mails in all pointing out that;-
    1. The customer takes all the risk.
    2. Their Belfast address was not listed as a business.
    3. Their Montreal address was not listed as a business.
    4. Their Cyprus address was not found by Google (could be a translation problem I suppose as the map had only Greek names).
    5. There is no previous customers feedback
    They replied to all 3 e-mails but only commented on their Belfast address which they said was mailing only and said Cyprus was their head office.
    They also said they do not hold stock but source the items online from the purchaser's nearest stockist.
    I was quoted 5-7 working days for delivery by DHL, whom I chose when ordering.
    I also commented on the fact they never used personal titles when signing their mail - just Customer Services - a comment they ignored.
    Interestingly, since then, I see that today their site has four previous customers giving 5 stars each but they are dated 2008 and 2009 when the company was only registered online in June this year.
    They all claimed satisfaction and praised speedy delivery - one quoted next day.
    How those references turned up on their site would be interesting to know.
    I finally advised them I would not be proceeding with the purchase.
    If they want to take the same risk as they are asking and send it COD that would be fine.
  • ryoden
    ryoden Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone reported this fraudulent site to the anti fraud site?
    www actionfraud org uk

I used them recently to report another fraudulent site great electrical goods. I don't know if it will do any good but it's better than nothing.
  • fluffypuff
    Options
    After a bit of digging I found a tenant of 25 Talbot who runs a photography studio there, I emailed him to see if he could help me and if he had ever heard of BUYITPLAYIT, the man was really kind to call me back personally and give me a phone number for the landlord who lease's the building as he could not be to sure himself as there were lots of companies trading there. I called the number he provided and guess what ! ?? .... Yep the landlord has never heard of the company ... THIS IS A SCAM SITE .... BUY IF YOU DARE !
  • b15dve
    Options
    While searching on the internet, i found another 'cheap' site registered as Dontilo.com, these are offering cameras at very cheap prices, but with no reviews on google shopping, when reading thecontact us, the address is in surrey, but they say they have been trading in west yorkshire for the last 20 years. It mentioned saying 'here at yorkshire cameras' so i googled this and it came up as a fraudlant website and the testimonials on dontilo are copied from martins camera shop...so could be the same person having another go.. BEWARE as there is no info on here or on google with reviews or picking this up
  • Dbridgman
    Options
    Looks like the site is a scam. I was worried after reading some info on various sites about it. I have paid and my money taken so have contacted ukash who tried to stop the payment going through but can not be sure if they have. They are sending me an e-mail to let me know what I can do now. I'll need to get a crime number before they will investigate. Only today did they say on there site that buyitplayit.com .org .eu is not a UKash member so don't know how they get my cash. Guess they buy goods on another site. I think UKash know where the voucher was used but are not allowed to pass the info to me. I will re post here once I know anything. Please don't use this site. If anyone else has had any issues with buyitplayit or getting money back from UKash please post here.
  • Dbridgman
    Options
    Sorry forgot to say check here www ukash com uk en home.
  • crafty-ann
    Options
    its a scam i got caught out and lost my money
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills