paying by UK evoucher????

Options

Comments

• czedi87
    czedi87 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 27 September 2011 at 3:16PM
    Options
    If anyone else has had any issues with buyitplayit or getting money back from UKash please post here.
    . I paid by paysafecard and i didn't received my goods. And i would like to get my money back. Hope it is possible.
  • MOTA
    MOTA Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 27 September 2011 at 10:53PM
    Options
    Hi,
    I've read their "about us" section.
    And then found in Google this web-site: www. portagadgets . com / australia / pages . php ? pageid=5 (Sorry I can't put proper link)

Just compare text. Interesting... :-)
    Did they copy/paste it? But all of these notes are still indirect evidences (except last two).

Cheers.
  • crafty-ann
    Options
    i paid using a ukash voucher and iv emailed ukash but they havnt replied. their site does now state however that with regards to buyitplayit.eu "YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR MONEY" so i doubt if il get it back. surprise surprise buyitplayit didnt reply to me either, i tried ringing the number on the website but it was some party organiser phone number. only happened to me 2 days ago but im pretty ertain i wnt be receiving my tv by dhl delivery!
  • crafty-ann
    Options
    even part of my money back would be nice, be careful using the shopping button on google search engine, i searched a model of tv and google shopping brought up the website with 4 apparent excellent customer ratings
  • murphydavid
    Options
    Well done people You may have saved me a whacking. I say may, cause I thought if its too good to be true then its not true. So with 1 in the cart I hovered over checkout then backed off and found my way here.
  • buttercup1979
    Options
    I posted a similar question on the forums and was redirected to this thread and I am so glad I was! Think I will just stick to scratch and dent places for cheap goods!
  • crafty-ann
    Options
    Just chcked myemails to see one from buyitplayit.eu telling me that my order was now paid and delivered, talk about rubbing salt in the wound!
  • beachlover
    Options
    DO NOT BUY FROM BUYITPLAYIT.ORG OR BUYITPLAYIT.EU

I cant actually believe i fell for it and ordered 2 items totally £80- i did the whole ukash voucher payment thing,what a palava!
    it wasn't till the next day and i started getting suspicious and checked the ukash website.IT'S A SCAM
    Luckily i called ukash and reported the fraud to actionfraud.got a crime number and will definately get my money back.
    Also i called my bank because i had paid by visadebit so the payment was stopped.
    it will prob take a while to get my money back,but what a lesson i have learned.if it looks to good to be true.It is!!
  • lizbit
    lizbit Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Dbridgman wrote: »
    Looks like the site is a scam. I was worried after reading some info on various sites about it. I have paid and my money taken so have contacted ukash who tried to stop the payment going through but can not be sure if they have. They are sending me an e-mail to let me know what I can do now. I'll need to get a crime number before they will investigate. Only today did they say on there site that buyitplayit.com .org .eu is not a UKash member so don't know how they get my cash. Guess they buy goods on another site. I think UKash know where the voucher was used but are not allowed to pass the info to me. I will re post here once I know anything. Please don't use this site. If anyone else has had any issues with buyitplayit or getting money back from UKash please post here.

Hi I bought a dishwasher through BuyItPlayit and paid by UKash and 3 hours after paying by UKash I phoned them to stop my payment I realised I was probably being conned and phoned Ukash they would try and stop the payment and would send me an email,which I am still waiting for I sent an email to the ActionFraud and I received a confirmation, my goods are meant to be here by Wed but will let you know what happens.
  • jez141
    Options
    Hi I think i have suffered the same fate as most of you on here with this buyitplayit site. Talking to Action Fraud it seems they have had quite a few calls on this!
    I cant quite believe i did it either but all looked legit at first....
    I received another e-mail from buyitplayit this morning and thats when i thought whoa!!!
    You just dont send copies of personal information or ID to anyone online!!!
    here is a copy of some of it

[FONT=&quot]In order for us to protect our customers and co-workers and for security reasons we need to verify your identity for this order, please provide us with:

1) - TWO different non-expired, unaltered and clear copies from your Passport, Country ID Card, Driver's License...
    2) - Any TWO copies of a recent proof of residence (bank statement, water bill, electricity bill, gas bill...) matching the address as registered in your profile
    3) - A picture with you and your Passport or Country ID Card opened in your hands. Make sure that the photo will be high-resolution and clear, the picture must be taken close enough to show your face and data from the passport clearly.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Please send the documents as soon as possible so that your package can be delivered on the determined date. Future orders from you will not require additional verifications. We apologize for the possible inconveniences and we thank you for your understanding.[/FONT]

I dont want anyone else to make the same mistake, as has already been said "if it looks too good to be true it probably is!"
    Anyway hope this can help a few people to stay safe.

Jez
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport