ASDA online exclusive car insurance RIP OFF

Options
I am desperate to get help on the below situation and as it turns out so are over a hundred other A|sda car insurance customers as per the site -Review Centre heading asda car insurance. It appears each story is almost identical and hardly anyone gets back their money. Of course, compare the market etc only have good reviews no doubt written by ASDA?

Basically, I took out ASDA online exclusive car insurance policy on 9 August for £451. Whilst I was in France (from 23 Aug to 7 Sept) on holiday they wrote to me asking for a further £43 giving me until 5 Sept to pay or I would be cancelled. I returned from holiday on 7 Sept. They cancelled my insurance leaving me driving in France with my small children with no cover! I called their number but it says to call back between 9am and 5pm then hangs up - which is when I called!! It does this every time - you can not get in touch via telephone. I emailed numerous times but they keep bouncing back on the link provided, I resend them trying to sort it out. I have faxed my complaint, but with no acknowledgement. They are not contactable. I can not get in touch with them to get my refund despite all my best efforts. I sent the policy back to them recorded delivery and faxed it as well. I would like your help in resolving this appalling situation which I have been forced into through no fault of my own. I am out of pocket £451 and have no insurance and can not afford any more until I get my refund. As you can imagine in these hard times this is for some a substantial amount of money. I have shopped at ASDA faithfully for a very very long time and look to you to please help resolve this issue. Asda head office have no email nor do they have a customer servies complaint department to contact as it seems.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    Options
    Ring the FOS, and advise them of what has happened. They may well have a different contact for Asda, and can advise you.
  • Asdafleecedme
    Asdafleecedme Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 9 September 2011 at 8:52AM
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the reply, but of course I did do this. The problem is that Asda have 6 months to respond. What do I do about insurance in the mean time? The stole my 5 years no claim and won't return it and stole £451 both of which I need to get new insurnace. PLUS the letter sent by ASDA cancelling my insurance says that they have put on the data base that I have had my insurance cancelled which they say will reuslt in higher premiums. So as you can see they have done everything posssible to make it impossible to reinsure. I do note NOW, rather too late that over 122 people have had the exact same problem with ASDA onlice car inssurance.
    FYI the ombudsman had only the same contact as me as it is actually eCAR.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    From the Asda online exclusive website....

[EMAIL="complaints@asdaonlineexclusive.co.uk"]complaints@asdaonlineexclusive.co.uk[/EMAIL]

ASDA Online Exclusive
    MMT Centre
    Severn Bridge
    Aust
    Bristol
    BS35 4BL

Or use their online contact form : http://www.asdaonlineexclusive.co.uk/contactform.php

If these do not work, then since the link to the online exclusive website is available on the Asda main car insurance page, you could contact Asda Financial Services :
    Complaints

If you have a question or complaint about this insurance, please contact us on 0845 605 0145

The Quality Manager
    ASDA Financial Services
    The Connect Centre
    Kingston Crescent
    Portsmouth
    Hampshire PO2 8QL

And if you do not get a satisfactory response from any of the above, then contact :
    Financial Ombudsman Service
    South Quay Plaza
    183 Marsh Wall
    London
    E14 9SR
    Email: [EMAIL="complaint.info@financial-ombudsman.org.uk"]complaint.info@financial-ombudsman.org.uk[/EMAIL]
  • vax2002
    vax2002 Posts: 7,187 Forumite
    Options
    Many companies only run complaint procedures to keep it out of sight.
    Asda Insurance are well known to be one of the ones you ignore anyhow as it is a mounted company with other peoples script reading call centres and no real infrastructure of its own
    They should stick to selling grocery's.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • mikey72
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the reply, but of course I did do this. The problem is that Asda have 6 months to respond. What do I do about insurance in the mean time? The stole my 5 years no claim and won't return it and stole £451 both of which I need to get new insurnace. PLUS the letter sent by ASDA cancelling my insurance says that they have put on the data base that I have had my insurance cancelled which they say will reuslt in higher premiums. So as you can see they have done everything posssible to make it impossible to reinsure. I do note NOW, rather too late that over 122 people have had the exact same problem with ASDA onlice car inssurance.
    FYI the ombudsman had only the same contact as me as it is actually eCAR.

eCar have a phone number, it's a premium one though.
    Did the FOS not have a geographical number for them?
  • Asdafleecedme
    Options
    This is the same link that bounces back. Believe me I have emailed that link over and over. They don't respond. It is the same link that is on my policy. I have written to the head office as well. But I do doubt that I will be anything but a genereic reply giving me the same link as you did, which I have already. Thanks.
  • Asdafleecedme
    Options
    To Mikey, I did all that, called eCar, guess 'what they say I must call Asdaonlinexclusive on the number that wont take calls and due to data protection they said that I can only deal with Asda. Just like Carphone warehouse and talk talk I assuem.
  • mikey72
    Options
    Google BS35 4BL
    I'd work through all the phone numbers that come up for all the variations on insurance companies that work from there, and see if anything works personally.
  • wildheart83
    Options
    If it's ecar then good luck, I have since found out that it's almost impossible to get a straight answer out of them, let alone money!

It might be a long shot but try your local councillor, your local paper or sunday paper if they have a consumer watchdog type column
    Feb 2024:
    CC1 6537.66
    CC2 7804.45
    CC3 4221.17
    CC4 2053.68
    CC5 989.30
    Loan 1 3686.44
    Loan 2 5275.22

Total £30,567.92
  • Asdafleecedme
    Options
    To BAA1

I did all that. It is the same info that I aleady have. The links don't work i.e. they bounce back. The number is an advice number with no way to contact anyone. I am sorry but I thought I made all that clear in my first post. Sorry if I did not make it clear enough.:A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure