Lovefilm customer service!!! pmsl

Options
Has anyone here managed to get any actual customer service from these people???
I cancelled my account, and because my billing day was a sunday (10th Dec)they billed me for another month because the final disk reached them on the monday (11th Dec). I politely enquired that as I wouldn't be getting any DVDs from them, would they kindly refund my £9.99.
Several e-mails later, I realise that £9.99 is more important to them than a satisfied customer so I urge you to steer clear of a company that has no flexibility with dealing with customers!!
Be an amateur! Professionals built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark!!
Be sure of always hitting your target.....
Shoot first, and whatever you hit, call the target :)

Comments

• spiritus
    spiritus Posts: 684 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Seconded ! As per my earlier post on the same topic.

The actual service is rubbish too !
    No Unapproved or Personal links in signatures please - FT3
  • worldwide3rider
    Options
    Personally I do not find them too bad, I joined on 3 months free then called to cancel and was offered 3 months for the price of 1.

Have always had a good amount of discs coming through with instant return and I do keep my list to a minimum.

The end of the day if you want to cancel dont rely on Royal Mail to get it there on time do it a good week before then call and cancel (in the meantime remove everything from your account so they cant send anything)
  • DrFluffy
    DrFluffy Posts: 2,549 Forumite
    Options
    I love LoveFilm - have been with them for nearly 2 years, without any problem.

Their policy states clearly when you need to get your discs back to them if you are planning to cancel your account...
    April Grocery Challenge £81/£120
  • cmjohnson_86
    cmjohnson_86 Posts: 1,468 Forumite
    Options
    I found them rubbish too, They carried on charging me 3 months after I cancelled it. I did get refund however, but wouldnt use them again.
  • roseview
    roseview Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got caught by them when I phoned and cancelled my free trial. My disc was already well on the way back to them yet I got charged and told that it had not arrived in time. I did not believe them at all. I argued strongly with them about being charged £9.99 for a service I was not getting, as my account had been cancelled. In the end they let me have a months further rental, when I said that I would sue them for taking money for a service they were not providing.

I feel that they should at least let you know they have taken the payment, after cancellation and advise you that you can still get your moneys worth by having some more DVD's, since you have paid for it.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    errolevans wrote:
    I cancelled my account, and because my billing day was a sunday (10th Dec)they billed me for another month because the final disk reached them on the monday (11th Dec).

The disk arrived after the cut off date , did it not ?

Maybe it should have been sent alot earlier if you knew you were going to cancel ?
  • Don__2
    Don__2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I'd just like to add my ten pence to this thread... I've had an absolute nightmare with these guys. Signed on with Screenselect (fantastic) who were then merged with lovefilm (nothing but trouble).

They claimed not to have received 1 DVD from me, which I had sent back in the same envelope as 3 others which they marked as received! Got 2 x emailed assurances from them that there would be no further investigation / problems, only to have £20 docked from my account shortly afterwards!

Subsequently, have sent scores of emails, each one responded to by a different offshore member of staff with absolutely no grasp of basic English and unable to decipher my repeated pleas for some semblance of service / resolution. Had to restate the same problem 5 times so far.

Incredibly frustrating, my advice is to steer well clear of these guys. Customer service means nothing to them.

I am cancelling today.
  • yeslek
    yeslek Posts: 1,442 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    they are scammers! i'd strongly warn anyone against them. they have killed screenselect (both me and my friend noticed a sudden decline in service and slowness of dvd dispatch/delivery around the time they combined with love film last year)

i am only still with them because i signed up to screen select on a 3 months for 1 thing emd sept (my account runs out on the 12th as they extended by two weeks after numerous complaining)

-initially i signed up for free cinema tickets (vue ticket offer) and then had a big whoo-har trying to get the tickets.
    at first they refused to send them to me as i had not fulfilled the terms and conditions, i stated that there wasnt any on the ticket and the only information given was to sign up and again, there were no clear signs for any terms and conditions in regards to the tickets, just standard rental terms.
    eventually after argueing my case for 6 weeks (i know it was free stuff but i refused to back down out of principle) and they finally agreed to send me two of the original four as a good will gesture.
    this was all back in aug, and i only received them early december.

-another was when i tried to sign up for a free trial through cd wow, not realising it was the same company and that as i had already had a free trial with them until i had completed signing up. i then was told i would be charged if i didnt cancel via phone within 30 mins.
    i was at work and only had access to email so emailed them instantly to cancel explaining i could not call and that if i was charged i would be expecting a full refund back cos as far as i was concerned the account was cancelled.
    after much argueing, again over a month, i finally got my money back.
    they tried doing the same thing to my friend (i stupidly sent her the link from freebies) but she ended up keeping the month and cancelling.

-also, just before xmas i didnt have any disc's dispatched for two weeks. i emailed a number of times quering this and their excuse was that i didnt have enough discs in my list. i think the problem was that i had seasons of 4 disc sets so had about 18 actual disc's in my list but only about 8 or 9 individual titles. i also pointed out that when i log in, on the main screen i'm show to have about 20 titles in my list, but a couple are ones that arent even released. i mentioned this also sayin that even with the non released titles the home screen still stated i had about 18 titles.
    eventually they agreed to add two months to my subscription which is what i requested due to their faults.

another was that the turn around slowed right down. they would claim to send out a disc on say monday but i'd be lucky to get it by thursday. i thought it was the post but my friend (who is only still with them for the same 3 for 1 offer i am) said she had noticed it too.
    this coupled together with the fact that i signed up for blockbuster mid dec and if they sent out a disc on a monday i'd have it tues, or wed at the latest. the way lovefilm 'claim to be'
    as it stands they still take ages to deliver dvd's and i'm still waiting on one that was shipped out friday apparently.

add all this to automated emails that are usually irrelevent thus making it almost impossible to get anywhere in adequate time. the amount of times i would have to point out that i have already said X, Y and Z many times before is beyond me

needless to say, i am NOT renewing my subscribtion and will be sticking to blockbuster as not only is the service better but in my first two weeks i had been sent all my top titles, some of which had been in my lovefilm list for a fair few months.
  • slarge
    slarge Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    From published reviews Lovefilm have the worst customer service of any online DVD rental company. Personally I have seen them make unauthorised transactions from my account on more than one occasion. When I complained to my credit card company, they groaned - they see a hell of a lot of Lovefilm complaints. Screenselect was in my opinion a well run company. With the merger with this lot, it is like they have taken out all the good bits of SS and left all the crap.Anyone thinking of signing up with these bozos - do yourself a favour and give it a miss.
  • DrFluffy
    DrFluffy Posts: 2,549 Forumite
    Options
    I found screenselect absymal - terrible customer service, and they kept taking money out of my account for 7 months after cancelling the subscription...

Never had cause to say a bad word against LoveFilm - they even invited me to join their pre-view panel, which means you get to see pre-release films for free in return for filling in a questionnaire. Last one I saw was Sugarhouse Lane - it was really, good, so keep an eye out for it when it hits the silver screen....
    April Grocery Challenge £81/£120
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport