We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Monday 27 June - what small DFW things will you do today?

Options
When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important.:D

Good morning, all! I hope everyone had a fab weekend. Hope its ok to start the thread - didnt see one this morning. I'll pop back with my list in a moment.
Mortgage free by 30:eek:: £28,000/£100,000
:DDebt free as of 1 October, 2010:D
Taking my frugal life on the road!

Comments

• Aria`s_Tail
    Aria`s_Tail Posts: 380 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone,
    It`s a lovely sunny day today, must be summer or something.
    Today should be a day off but just had a phone call from my second job needing cover for today so will go in for a few hours. :cool:
    Gonna have a bbq tonight, all part of my decluttering as have loads of charcoal and fluid and stuff and want rid of some of it!:D
    Got 3 Ebay parcels to post! Only little but it all helps.
    My WTC payment went in yesterday, :j am relieved as it will really help cover my shortage of hours this month. Still gonna be tight though.
    One lot of washing is on line, another lot in machine.
    Need to scrub out yard before I go out.
    Hopefully a NSD.
    College work I didn`t do yesterday.:o
  • rdchick
    rdchick Posts: 1,815 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello!

So today it's gonna be hot hot hot apparently so I will be in a nice dress wandering around Eindhoven for our final full day in Holland, hope I get a little bit of a tan! Wish I bought my shorts though!

It will be an early night for us as our flight is in the morning, hoping to be home by 11am which will be nice as we will have the whole day to ourselves (minus the second job) looking forward to seeing Billy, I'll post a pic on here in a min from my mum. He is clearly on holiday!

Hope everyone has a great day. Much love! Xxx
    Life is too short not to love what you do.
  • Eyebright
    Eyebright Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hi hope nobody minds me posting in here! Things I am doing today:

Make a batch of cauliflower cheese soup for my lunches this week
    Having my 3rd NSD on the bounce!
    Check to see how my ebay items are selling
    Check to see if I have any surveys to complete
    Check my banking online. Most of my bills will be going out today, if any come under what I have budgeted then transfer the difference to pay some more off a debt.

Hope everyone has a lovely day, looks like it is going to be a scorcher here!:cool:
    POAYDBX 2020 #? 20/4000
    1 debt vs 100 days #14 20/1000
    Saving for Christmas 2020 50/500
    EF Saving 285/500
  • tigermoon
    tigermoon Posts: 64 Forumite
    edited 27 June 2011 at 8:40AM
    Options
    Morning all,

Thanks for starting the thread Nottoobadyet. Rdchick, hope you have a fab last day in Holland. Aria's Chick - great news about the WTC!

I left for work about half an hour ago, got 2/3rds of the way there and realised I had left my meeting file at home. :mad: Had to come all the way back for it. Have decided to do half an hour of work from home and then go back to work via warehouse to return a dress I bought...can't be bothered sitting in the traffic twice on a Monday morning. Thankfully I work flexi time so I can make it up at the end of the day.

My list:
      Check banking and update spreadsheet Clear coppers out of purse into penny jar for PAD Return stripy dress to warehouse Free fruit & free lunch at work Post old ipod touch to fonebank (get jiffy bag from stationary cupboard) Dinner from leftovers NSD

That's all mine, hope you are all enjoying the sun. We have none of it here - just soggy looking grey clouds...yuck. Have a fabby Monday everyone.

T xx
    Debts at Highest £18600
    Overdraft £550/£900
    Egg Loan currently £6253
    Credit cards - GONE AGAIN as of 26/07/11
    THIS TIME IT'S FOR REAL!
    Aiming for DFD 26/01/2012
  • Nottoobadyet
    Nottoobadyet Posts: 1,754 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    OK, here we are then :)

I had a fantastic weekend in KLA - I swear this place has taken about 20 years off my lifestyle! I came back on Saturday after being away for work, spent the afternoon at the gym then went out dancing with my roomates until 4 am :T Sunday we went out to breakfast to recover, popped into an art gallery and spent the afternoon at a friends pool. Surprisingly MSE considering how fun it was - really only bought breakfast and a drink or two.

Getting to the end of the month barrel scraping, so today:
    • Was walking to work when a colleague driving by stopped to pick me up and give me a ride :)
    • lunch provided at work and will resist snacking
    • make shopping list and meal plan
    • buy some veg and coriander on my way home
    • work out social schedule for week :) Lots of people I want to catch up with
    • will try to leave early enough to walk home
    • work hard as im not feeling very productive today!

Got an email from ex after a few weeks of silence.... not sure what to do with that really.

Kisses and Monday strength, everyone!
  • up-the-creek_3
    Options
    I shall be:

Continuing to get my DMP together. :o

Giving the cat's tray an overdue springclean! :eek:

Flushed with success from my first Ebay sale (an old postcard £2.10!) I shall be putting more tat on there. :j
  • Arctic_Sky
    Arctic_Sky Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Looks like it's set to be a scorcher up here! Spent all yesterday afternoon outside watching my bf's match which was lovely, though have woken up to some TRES attractive floral sunburn on my legs (forgot to put suncream on before my tights :p) - ph well!

Plans for today (other than work, obviously) are checking online banking and onepoll and attempting to find a new housemate (one's moving out at the end of this week) - urgh

Hope you're all well and enjoying the lovely weather :)

xAx
    Shuffling down the path to financial freedom, trying not to get too distracted by shiny things!

CC:
    [STRIKE]£256 [/STRIKE] £219.70
    OD: £1000
  • Rock_Cakes
    Rock_Cakes Posts: 428 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Thanks to NTBY for starting us off. Hope you have a fun last day in Holland rdchick.

Well its a scorcher here today. Had a good weekend. Mainly packing boxes for the move. We still have soooo much stuff even though we have been decluttering. :o My ebaying pile has also grown!

Today I will:
    Check bank balances
    Check surveys
    Homemade lunch
    Get free bus home
    Practice presentation
    Practice interview answers
    Early night for interview tomorrow.

Not much today but I have only one thing to really focus on, tomorrow's interview!

Hope the sun is shining with you today.
    xx
    *Official DFW Nerd #1368 - Proud to be dealing with my debts*
    *Debts at LBM (11 Jan 2011): -£16400.62* Currently: -5948.68 (64% paid )*4 CC and 3 OD*
    Current DFD: [STRIKE]Oct 2012[/STRIKE] May 2012
    :eek:
  • Nottoobadyet
    Nottoobadyet Posts: 1,754 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good luck on the interview, Rocks!! Sorry I dont remember, is it still for school or for a job?
  • Rock_Cakes
    Rock_Cakes Posts: 428 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck on the interview, Rocks!! Sorry I dont remember, is it still for school or for a job?

Thanks, quite nervous as I have been busy with the move and everything else that I don't feel that I have had enough time to prepare! I am sure it will be fine. :cool: Its for a job, just a yr contract with possible 6 month extension. Not too hopeful but will be good practice. Gosh, I sound pessimistic. Just a bit cautious that's all. I'm sure I'll feel better after a couple of practices of the talk tonight.
    xx
    *Official DFW Nerd #1368 - Proud to be dealing with my debts*
    *Debts at LBM (11 Jan 2011): -£16400.62* Currently: -5948.68 (64% paid )*4 CC and 3 OD*
    Current DFD: [STRIKE]Oct 2012[/STRIKE] May 2012
    :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills