Avoid The perfume superstore

Options
I purchased some aftershave from a company called "The perfume superstore" which seemed legit as it was one that was listed in Quidco (seems the company has been removed). The purchase was made on 14th April 2011 for £28.94 which included delivery. I have sent a couple of emails, one of which was the 21st April to cancel the order as it did not arrive as promised. They stated 1st class post on their website which is obviously a load of rubbish. I have had a reply stating that my order will be cancelled and a refund will be give and that was by email on 2nd May. I've just received my credit card statement and still no refund so I have now sent a further email asking for a refund within the next week or I will be contacting my credit cards company.
This email is really to alert others to this website. I thought by going through Quidco that the companies would be legit but it appears this is not always the case.
Live for today and don't worry about tomorrow!!:EasterBun

Comments

• sabz3008
    sabz3008 Posts: 257 Forumite
    Options
    I remember a few years ago there was some electrics store based in the states advertising itself as registered in the UK selling off PSP's where they weren't available anywhere else in the country... That website was widely advertised all over Kelkoo and other price comparison websites...

These websites are businesses remember...As long as a company pay to be listed, I doubt they'll go out their way to do a check
  • Help_Wanted
    Help_Wanted Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Well I'm still fighting to get my money back and I think they hope that people give up but I'm a bit of a bulldog where these things are concerned and won't let go till the money is back in my account. It's the fact that it takes time to sort out, pity I couldn't charge them for that!!!
    Live for today and don't worry about tomorrow!!:EasterBun
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you talked to you credit card company about a chargeback?
  • PZH
    PZH Posts: 1,599 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    As you have cancelled and they have acknowledged the cancellation - they do have upto 30 days (I think) to action the refund.

So, it may well appear in your account next week. Maybe talk to your CCC and see if there is a payment pending ?
    “That old law about 'an eye for an eye' leaves everybody blind. The time is always right to do the right thing.”
  • Captain_Sensible
    Captain_Sensible Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 9 June 2011 at 2:37AM
    Options
    ...for some reason my prev reply to this thread got removed. The information contained in it confirmed we too had been very recent victim of fraud from same company and I also listed names of the company owners, the registered company address and a telephone number for one of them (the ONLY number that seems to work at moment) - all of that information is available in the public domain - I was merely trying to give victims a point of contact for potentially voicing their complaints to the company (although it is highly unlikely they will ever speak to un-vetted callers going on experience so far). If someone would like me to re-post that info let me know. If my post broke any rules then (a) I am surprised and (b) why was there not some record here of the fact that the posting had been removed and (c) in that case why are we trying to protect these criminals?
    Wish we had done a bit of research on the company before dealing with them - e.g. try Googling "theperfumesuperstore.co.uk" and "complaint" in the same search and you will be inundated with postings from disgruntled customers.
    What concerns me the most here is that these frauds appear to have been going on since at least 2009 and I get the impression from some of these earlier web-postings that Trading Standards had been contacted around the same time - what ARE Trading Standards doing???
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi :)

The Forum Team do not often post into a thread to say what they have done, nor why they have done it. However, judging from what you say in the post above - the posting of personal details of another person is a breach of the Forum Rules. I'll copy the relevant section below for you.

If you have any concerns after reading it, please use the link in my signature, or at the top of every forum page, to talk with the Forum Team instead of in this thread.

Forum_Team wrote:

forum_faqs_small_bubble.gifI posted a company director's name and address but it's gone, why?

Forum users should not post their or anyone else's personal details (full names, email addresses, home addresses or telephone numbers) on the forum or send them via PM (private message). This includes personal details found on public look-up sites such as Whois.com and Companies House.

Posters should also not harvest, collect or use information about others, including e-mail addresses.

Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • vicx
    vicx Posts: 3,091 Forumite
    Options
    Why didn't you Google for reviews about this company before placing your order?

You can see all the complaints by simply typing in the website name and 'reviews'. http://www.shopsafer.co.uk/shop/the-perfume-superstore.html

Your Credit Card Company should be able to recover the money for you. Give them a call and see what they can do, they might want to see all emails that have been sent and received so make sure you have kept them.
    A home without a dog is like a flower without petals.
  • P{retty
    Options
    I actually have the same problem, i didn't received my perfume which i ordered on 6 th April, after i wrote them to ask whats happening with my order they said its out of stock, i decided to wait, they said its due to come in beginning of May. On the 5-6 th of May still nothing came, i canceled my order, they said they will refund with in 7 working days, when my bank statement came, i noticed i didn't received anything, so i wrote them back, still nothing! I don't even know what to do, they don't have any tel number. Who do i need to try to contact to get my money back?:(
  • vicx
    vicx Posts: 3,091 Forumite
    Options
    P{retty wrote: »
    I actually have the same problem, i didn't received my perfume which i ordered on 6 th April, after i wrote them to ask whats happening with my order they said its out of stock, i decided to wait, they said its due to come in beginning of May. On the 5-6 th of May still nothing came, i canceled my order, they said they will refund with in 7 working days, when my bank statement came, i noticed i didn't received anything, so i wrote them back, still nothing! I don't even know what to do, they don't have any tel number. Who do i need to try to contact to get my money back?:(

Print out all correspondence you have sent and received to this company and pop into your bank with this evidence. They will help recover the money and do a reverse charge on your account.
    A home without a dog is like a flower without petals.
  • P{retty
    Options
    vicx wrote: »
    Print out all correspondence you have sent and received to this company and pop into your bank with this evidence. They will help recover the money and do a reverse charge on your account.

So basically i need to go to my bank with all this print response they send and i send to them i explain situation?! Can they really help me there?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure