Income Support A2 Review Claim Form ?

Options
This morning in the post I received the Income Support A2 Review Claim form and I'm just wondering why ? I've been getting income support for 3 years now and I've never had one of these forms ...
On the form they've stamped 'Benefit Integrity Centre Totton Bic'
I thought the review was every 6 months with an interview ? I'm not due an interview as I recently attended one and that went fine.
Just wondering what this is all about ? Has anyone ever received one of these ? If I don't send it back they say they'll stop my income support, and if I dont answer every question they'll send it back to me to do again. The letter seems rather mean if you know what I mean, or are all their letters like that ?
Any help much appreciated !

Comments

• TheHangingJudge
    Options
    A2's are sent out after you've been on Income Support for 3 yrs ... so at least they've got that right.

It's just a review form to ensure you're getting everything you're entitled to, it's nothing sinister. The accompanying letter probably seems a bit curt because many people just don't bother filling the form in, so it's worded sharply with a threat of benefit suspension to give people that little bit of a push to complete the form.
  • peainapod
    peainapod Posts: 264 Forumite
    Options
    Ah right I see, it would be nice if they said that on the letter !
    Thanks very much :)
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Sorry to chuck on the end, I had the phone call today, and it was ok, but you can imagine the worst come to mind, even thou ur innoncent, it doesn#t feel like that.

x
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • lovelyladie88
    Options
    Hello
    I have received the exact same letter this morning and it has worried me a tad. But I am going to try not to worry as I know I have done nothing wrong anyway. The fact I have never had this before and they have stamped TEAM B on it as if they as if investigating something.
    Was wondering if you could tell me what happened in then end and if it was just because you have been on it for three years....I have just been on it for three years so I am hoping it is that, seems very strange that they need all of your details again though!
    Thankyou xxx
  • monaghana
    Options
    I just got one of those A2 forms today, and I've only been on IS for one year. Has anyone else had it after such a short period?

At my last review interview, I was explicitly told that the next review would not be for 3 years (depending upon changes in circumstances of course).
  • boobies
    boobies Posts: 283 Forumite
    Options
    Everyone that is still on IS is being reviewed at the moment. Nothing to worry about, just make sure you return the form by Recorded Delivery.
  • red_me
    red_me Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 March 2012 at 10:19PM
    Options
    I must say you need to send it back recoreded delivery, with any bank statments they need, they are right morrons for letting any paper work and Bank statements go walking to other departments down there. They did it with mine last year, very trigger happy with the stopping IS till i got on the phone to them and sorted it out.
  • LadyMorticia
    LadyMorticia Posts: 19,899 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    A2 review forms tend to be just to make sure your circumstances haven't changed and that you're getting the right amount of money. You'd be surprised how many people's circumstances have slightly changed but they haven't notified people (thinking that the change is so small that it won't affect their benefits).

I've completed two A2 review forms and both times it was just to make sure I was getting the right amount of benefit and that nothing had changed.

One of them, I even got a reply within a week of sending the form off!
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019
  • 2803summer
    Options
    Hi

The form is also sent out to everyone with regards to the changes that are effecting Lone Parents Obligations and rights to claim from 29.02.2012.

Currently as a Lone Parent you can stay on IS until your youngest child is 7 years old - at this stage if you have no other reasons for entitlement you will have to claim JSA as a Lone Parent.

The government are in the process of lowering this to 5 years old. These forms are been sent to everyone to check change or circs, poss new baby etc??

Everyone will receive a letter informing them about the changes and how it will effect them....

Thanks
  • Mrs_PepperPot
    Options
    One of them, I even got a reply within a week of sending the form off!
    . What reply do they send? Is it just a statement of benefits, the standard letter outlining your benefits? Or do they say " thank you for filling in the a2 form."

I filled mine in and have not heard anything or had any call. It's been almost three weeks since they received it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure