Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Storck
    • By Storck 20th Feb 11, 5:12 PM
    • 1,842Posts
    • 2,400Thanks
    Storck
    Tesco Biggest Offer Ever
    • 20th Feb 11, 5:12 PM
    Tesco Biggest Offer Ever 20th Feb 11 at 5:12 PM
    This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"The supermarket giant is promising to pay shoppers double the difference on products that are cheaper at Asda ..."

Back to original post.

Just heard that a week on Monday, 28th February, the biggest ever offer that Tesco have had will be starting.

All managers have been told they have to work after the stores have closed next Sunday but they have not been told yet what the offers are just that they are huge.

Anyone got anymore details.
    Last edited by MSE Guy; 28-02-2011 at 4:38 PM.
Page 1
  • katiejones
    • 20th Feb 11, 5:21 PM
    • 20th Feb 11, 5:21 PM
    Can i ask where you heard this ?? xx
    Wins in 2013 - Jan - Heinz No Noise Ketchup.
  • skintbint
    • 20th Feb 11, 5:24 PM
    • 20th Feb 11, 5:24 PM
    not before time! my coffee has jumped up 60p in a week (tesco gold littlle jar) bet thats one of their "amazing offers!)
    skintbint x
    here's tae us, wha's like us - fell few and and they're a deid"
    10k in 2010/6988.30-69.88%@29/12/10, 11k in 2011/897 07.04.11- fell by the wayside!!!
    12k in 2012 - 204.00 @ 4/1/12

do not confuse me with the other skintbint who joined dec2011 - i am the original bint
    • sinw
    • By sinw 20th Feb 11, 5:28 PM
    • 7,606 Posts
    • 41,419 Thanks
    sinw
    • 20th Feb 11, 5:28 PM
    • 20th Feb 11, 5:28 PM
    Plenty kitchen rolls was 1.50 something for 2 (wilkos 98p), jumped to 3.95p this week... this may be an offer too
    • Storck
    • By Storck 20th Feb 11, 5:32 PM
    • 1,842 Posts
    • 2,400 Thanks
    Storck
    • 20th Feb 11, 5:32 PM
    • 20th Feb 11, 5:32 PM
    Can i ask where you heard this ?? xx
    Originally posted by katiejones
    I have got to go to work next Sunday.
  • katiejones
    • 20th Feb 11, 5:38 PM
    • 20th Feb 11, 5:38 PM
    I have got to go to work next Sunday.
    Originally posted by Storck

I don't xx
    Wins in 2013 - Jan - Heinz No Noise Ketchup.
    • pink princess
    • By pink princess 20th Feb 11, 5:46 PM
    • 11,866 Posts
    • 34,899 Thanks
    pink princess
    • 20th Feb 11, 5:46 PM
    • 20th Feb 11, 5:46 PM
    Typical ,the one week I won t be shopping .
    • Storck
    • By Storck 20th Feb 11, 5:54 PM
    • 1,842 Posts
    • 2,400 Thanks
    Storck
    • 20th Feb 11, 5:54 PM
    • 20th Feb 11, 5:54 PM
    I don't xx
    Originally posted by katiejones
    The message we got was all managers will be working. More details to follow. Must be big to have everyone in to change prices, displays, point of sale etc.
  • faganswife
    • 20th Feb 11, 7:53 PM
    manipulative tescos
    • 20th Feb 11, 7:53 PM
    tescos must be the the most manipulative supermarket ever . " Half price " , but the base price increased to something ridiculous just prior to the product going half price .
  • dmg24
    tescos must be the the most manipulative supermarket ever . " Half price " , but the base price increased to something ridiculous just prior to the product going half price .
    Originally posted by faganswife
    You could apply that to all retailers. Argos this week had a hoover reduced from 200 to 50. However the small print states that it was previously reduced to 60. Not manipulative, just sharp practice.
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 20th Feb 11, 9:29 PM
    • 12,596 Posts
    • 11,768 Thanks
    jenniewb
    Sorry but isn't every sale/discount event the "biggest ever" whatever the brand?

....Debenhams, Sports Direct, Asda, Ikea......etc etc etc
    • gentleorange
    • By gentleorange 20th Feb 11, 10:30 PM
    • 1,773 Posts
    • 30,106 Thanks
    gentleorange
    I wonder if that means this week will be rather expensive to shop at Tesco, as they may be hiking a lot of prices in order to drop them again for their amazing offers. What a palaver I was just about to book a delivery for Friday, now I'm not sure...
    • celebrate
    • By celebrate 21st Feb 11, 8:42 AM
    • 5,785 Posts
    • 78,970 Thanks
    celebrate
    Are they allowed to do this? I thought by law sale items had to sold at their original price for at least 28 days or something, or does this not apply to offers/promotions?
    • Angela
    • By Angela 21st Feb 11, 10:31 AM
    • 1,517 Posts
    • 5,378 Thanks
    Angela
    Been shopping this morning and noticed the 2kg soft spread had gone up another 40p
    Looking forward to see what will be going on next week
    • spakkker
    • By spakkker 21st Feb 11, 11:10 AM
    • 1,298 Posts
    • 665 Thanks
    spakkker
    It's simple - when you see a big price hike -do not buy.
    Tesclos would rip your heart out if there was money in it for them.
    I always check the price of anything I buy and people who can't see that tesclos is a rip need to go to that famous spectacle shop.
    • rabidbun
    • By rabidbun 21st Feb 11, 12:24 PM
    • 316 Posts
    • 233 Thanks
    rabidbun
    With a bit of luck there'll be an actual offer somewhere in there! *is probably far too optimistic for her own good*
  • alexlyne
    Are they allowed to do this? I thought by law sale items had to sold at their original price for at least 28 days or something
    Originally posted by celebrate

I always thought that, but then read somewhere that they can display a reduced price for as long in time as they offered the high price. So a week high followed by a week low would be OK. Mind you, there must be more to it than that otherwise it would be much more prevalent than it is now.
    • socks_uk
    • By socks_uk 21st Feb 11, 1:00 PM
    • 2,706 Posts
    • 2,096 Thanks
    socks_uk
    How much money do you think Tesco might lose if we all now waited until next week to buy anything from them waiting for these 'offers' to happen? I definitely won't be shopping there until next week but that's more to do with being skint buying all the 3 for 2 pet food offers! Payday a week today!
    Did you wonder where the photo was taken?
    Somewhere above the clouds over Germany on the way back from Prague August 2009!
    Hand typed by me!
    -x-
    • phillo365
    • By phillo365 21st Feb 11, 1:45 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    phillo365
    I think the clue to the offer is in socks-uk response. "Payday a week today" . The supermarkets are getting clever at targetting specials and newspaper coupons when customers have more disposable income available ie around payday. I think most people are paid around the 28th or at the end of the month which obviously is the same day this month.
  • goodgirl80
    The charity I work for are doing a massive 'launch' in connection with Tesco's - but that's not until next Tuesday.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

349Posts Today

4,879Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin