Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    goldfish74
    0 WOW
    Advice regarding Ryanair and refunds
    • 10th Jun 10, 9:55 AM
    0 WOW
    Advice regarding Ryanair and refunds 10th Jun 10 at 9:55 AM
    Hi,

Last night I attempted to book flights with Ryanair. At the end of the process it brought up an error message along the lines of there was a fault with the web site and to try again if I hadn't received an email to tell me my flight had been confirmed. No email, so I tried again with the same result.

Assuming my flights hadn't been booked, I went to BA and booked with them with no problem. However, this morning I woke up to find an email from Ryanair confirming my booking. I've phoned them to cancel, but no joy (wasn't really expecting much), and I was given an address to write to.

Question is, do I have any comeback on this? If the web site doesn't confirm my order, how long does someone need to wait before trying an alternative? It was my understanding that anything ordered via the web was covered by the distance selling regulations? Does this apply here?

Thanks for any advice on this...
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,820Posts Today

7,054Users online

Martin's Twitter