Advice regarding Ryanair and refunds

Hi,

Last night I attempted to book flights with Ryanair. At the end of the process it brought up an error message along the lines of there was a fault with the web site and to try again if I hadn't received an email to tell me my flight had been confirmed. No email, so I tried again with the same result.

Assuming my flights hadn't been booked, I went to BA and booked with them with no problem. However, this morning I woke up to find an email from Ryanair confirming my booking. I've phoned them to cancel, but no joy (wasn't really expecting much), and I was given an address to write to.

Question is, do I have any comeback on this? If the web site doesn't confirm my order, how long does someone need to wait before trying an alternative? It was my understanding that anything ordered via the web was covered by the distance selling regulations? Does this apply here?

Thanks for any advice on this...

Comments

• irina
    irina Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hey,
    On Tuesday i tried to book tickets from Oslo Rygge to Riga, but their website had some problems, all the time they wrote me error message and i didnt receive any letters on my email, so i tried again.
    In next day i checked my email, and what i saw was that i have booked tickets twice. I tried to call them, but nobody answer me, i spent a lot of money for trying to speak with somebody... so after i decided to write them email, but also nobody answer. i dont know what to do now and how i can get my money back. because they already took money from my credit card for 2 same tickets.
    Maybe someone can recommend me something...
    Best regards,
    Irina
  • Hi
    I have encountered the same problem as you. I booked two flights on one booking with Aer Arann (owned by Ryanair) and received no confirmation number onscreen. I was using a credit card so thought it hadnt been booked. I booked again and this time used my debit card and got the confirmation. I was then shocked to discover 2email confirmations so two bookings. I emailed Aer Arann right away and rang them only to be told to email the refunds dept? They are now saying they won't refund one of them as their system was not faulty? These bookings are identical and within minutes of each other - do they think I am mad? I have now contacted the credit card company to check if they can do anything. Any other advice please
  • Contact your credit card issuer, they should refund you I think
  • jammin_2
    jammin_2 Posts: 2,461 Forumite
    LucyJo wrote: »
    I booked two flights on one booking with Aer Arann (owned by Ryanair)
    Er, no they're not.
  • LucyJo wrote: »
    Contact your credit card issuer, they should refund you I think

I booked by debit card. Does that make a difference?
  • irina
    irina Posts: 2 Newbie
    I booked also with debit card. Today i have visited my bank, they told me that i need to call to Ryanair company and speak with them. But how can i do it, if i already tried to call them, but nobody answer me.
    Or if i will call more, i will spend more money just for calls than for tickets...
  • ermepb
    ermepb Posts: 34 Forumite
    Ryanair advises to check whether the booking has been successful by going to the 'Manage My Booking' section on the Ryanair.com homepage:

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/what-should-i-do-if-the-internet-booking-confirm-page-says-that-my-booking-is-not-confirmed

Sometimes the confirmation emails take several hours to arrive. But you can check and view your booking immediately after having booked your flight. I have had several times a timeout error after booking, but the bookings were ok when I checked them and some time later I received the confirmation emails.
  • Donnie
    Donnie Posts: 9,862 Forumite
    irina wrote: »
    I booked also with debit card. Today i have visited my bank, they told me that i need to call to Ryanair company and speak with them. But how can i do it, if i already tried to call them, but nobody answer me.
    Or if i will call more, i will spend more money just for calls than for tickets...

Go to Say No to 0870, obtain Ryanair's geographical number in Ireland and call them via a BT line via 0844 200 45 45. Will cost you half a penny per minute.
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Bob_the_Saver Posts: 5,610 Forumite
    ermepb wrote: »
    Ryanair advises to check whether the booking has been successful by going to the 'Manage My Booking' section on the Ryanair.com homepage:

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/what-should-i-do-if-the-internet-booking-confirm-page-says-that-my-booking-is-not-confirmed

Sometimes the confirmation emails take several hours to arrive. But you can check and view your booking immediately after having booked your flight. I have had several times a timeout error after booking, but the bookings were ok when I checked them and some time later I received the confirmation emails.

Had this problem with other airlines as well but this advice has always worked for me.
  • doreenp
    doreenp Posts: 5 Forumite
    Try ringing this number. Its the Dublin reservations office open 9.00 - 17.00 Mon to Fri only.

00 353 1248 0856

It worked for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family