http://www.airasia.com/gb/en/promotion/rr0780808.html?link=opener

Stanstead to KL for £71, book by 10th June

Travel period 11th October - 14th November
:j

Comments

• HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Flights from kuala lumpur. add a couple together for a holiday to australia or india. nice deal. now i've got less than 24 hours to decide whether i do this or not.

Melbourne...............GBP 44
    Gold Coast (Australia)..GBP 34
    Perth
    ...................GBP 43
    Hangzhou (Shanghai)
    .....GBP 26
    Tianjin
    .................GBP 22
    Chengdu
    .................GBP 17
    Mumbai
    ..................GBP 20
    New Delhi
    ...............GBP 30
    Taipei
    ..................GBP 15
    London
    ..................GBP 71
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    edited 8 June 2010 at 9:55AM
    Well, I've just checked every single day during the period for LON - KUL and they are all £241 plus taxes. Event the tax goes up from £71 to £101 from 1 November. Anyone know any different, please correct me.

OOPS - offer doesn't start till 9 June!
  • Incapuppy
    Incapuppy Posts: 5,713 Forumite
    bcl999 wrote: »
    Well, I've just checked every single day during the period for LON - KUL and they are all £241 plus taxes. Event the tax goes up from £71 to £101 from 1 November. Anyone know any different, please correct me.

Maybe because the booking period is 9-10 June? (today is the 8th)

I wonder if they use UK or Malaysian time on their website, there's going to be a stampede tomorrow! :rotfl:
  • bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Incapuppy wrote: »

I wonder if they use UK or Malaysian time on their website, there's going to be a stampede tomorrow! :rotfl:
    Don't pick me up before I fall. I'd already corrected myself, thank you.
  • Incapuppy
    bcl999 wrote: »
    Don't pick me up before I fall. I'd already corrected myself, thank you.

Did you get out of the wrong side of bed this morning? We posted at the same time. If you had already corrected your post I wouldn't have bothered replying.
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Incapuppy wrote: »

From previous experience they use Malaysian time and their website can't cope with the stampede. If you see anything you want you've got to persevere or wait until the rush dies down which may be too late.
  • Incapuppy
    fifeken wrote: »
    From previous experience they use Malaysian time and their website can't cope with the stampede. If you see anything you want you've got to persevere or wait until the rush dies down which may be too late.

Thank you, I wondered if that would be the case. Still, well worth the effort of trying and well done to the lucky ones that manage to bag tickets!
  • ArsenalFC
    ArsenalFC Posts: 1,095 Forumite
    edited 8 June 2010 at 12:33PM
    The stampede starts at 5pm today = 00:00 malaysian time.

I want to go in Jan 2011, mmmh.....decision time.....

# They will refund airport/tax fee if you are unable to go, charge processing fee of 90 RM = approx £20 (conversion rate £1 to 4.5 RM etc)

# Flight / Name change / Cancellation: International Route = 90 RM
    (per guest per sector) - No Name change allowed on promo tickets.

Might be worth a shot if I cannot go and only lose £20.

Oh please also be aware luggage and meal are added extra, so lose that if you cannot go. + credit card convenience fee of 5RM approx £1.20 pp each way, non refundable.
    (I think maybe a way around this is to not select on board meals and luggage at time of booking, then add them in nearer departing if you're sure you can go)
  • Jimbo333_2
    Jimbo333_2 Posts: 376 Forumite
    ArsenalFC wrote: »
    The stampede starts at 5pm today = 00:00 malaysian time.

I want to go in Jan 2011, mmmh.....decision time.....

# They will refund airport/tax fee if you are unable to go, charge processing fee of 90 RM = approx £20 (conversion rate £1 to 4.5 RM etc)

# Flight / Name change / Cancellation: International Route = 90 RM
    (per guest per sector) - No Name change allowed on promo tickets.

Might be worth a shot if I cannot go and only lose £20.

Oh please also be aware luggage and meal are added extra, so lose that if you cannot go. + credit card convenience fee of 5RM approx £1.20 pp each way, non refundable.
    (I think maybe a way around this is to not select on board meals and luggage at time of booking, then add them in nearer departing if you're sure you can go)

Jan 2011 is outside the Travel Period : 11 October 2010 - 14 November 2010

For those who haven't flown to Air Asia's KL hub before, bear in mind it's about 90 mins away from KL, and the cheapest/easiest way is to sign up for the Air Asia Bus, which is only a few quid.
  • ArsenalFC
    ArsenalFC Posts: 1,095 Forumite
    Yes I know hence if I go for the november date and finds myself not able to make it then I lose processing and conv fee. Air bus is about £2 from LCCT to KL central, £1.50 if book in advance with flight tickets I think.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure