Please discuss natwest intermediaries mortgages here - have you been accepted?

Options
My FA has put through an application through natwest intermediary solutions.

Has anyone been refused when they have applied this way, any good/bad points to mention.

Thanks

Comments

• VIGILANT22
    VIGILANT22 Posts: 2,516 Forumite
    Options
    lots of people are refused just as lots of people are accepted........regardless of the way they have applied...each case is assessed on an individual basis, your circumstances are the important factor here and not the submission route
  • camper_1982
    Options
    I understand that, what im looking to know really is if anybody has gone this route through natwest and to know there experiences with the process.

How long did it take to get to mortgage offer etc.
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    Have you asked your broker?
  • Conrad
    Conrad Posts: 33,137 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Natwest, part of RBS have been bailed out and were literally minutes from total meltdown. They have billions in toxic debt and need to get thier balance sheet in order.

As such they are last on my list unless the applicant is absolutely A1, and even then I'd very rarely have cause to use them as the service is poor and the online application is very odd indeed. As an example there is usualy a need to 'jump around' during an application but this is not possible with thier system. If you need to go back you have to exit entireley and then slowly go through each page all over again! It amases me that some brokers tollerate such incompetance and leads me to question whether such brokers actualy have a thinking rational brain.
  • VIGILANT22
    VIGILANT22 Posts: 2,516 Forumite
    Options
    It's as bad as those mortgage adviser's who can't spell!
  • camper_1982
    Options
    From what ive heard im not very keen on using them, thats why i was asking for advice.
    I guess it too late now, i need to move quickly with getting a mortgage and they have the application and all the docs going to underwritter in next few days, so should know if they are doing the survey or not by friday,

then i will need to hunt around again apply to someone else. TBH the FA just seems to place us with who he wants too, trying to get the best rate, id rather just go somewhere where i know its got a better chance of going through.

We have good credit scores, never miss any payments, but some may consider us to have too much debt, i have a loan with 1800 left on it and a credit card with 1500 and i want to pay these off over time and never have any more, but my partner has an 8k loan and a credit card with 3500 left on it. They were in debt years ago by about 22k so has paid a substantial amount off, never missed any payments ever, but i fear this is what they will question with the application. Once i have my small debts repaid, i will help to clear the debt in my partners name.

I just wish they wouldnt do these agreements in principle things, ive gone all the way to selling my house and putting an offer in on a property on the basis that when we spoke with my bank, we could have a mortgage. Then they said our affordability was out by 10k after we have done the application.

Why isnt there a law brought in, to do a full mortgage application before hand, get the maximum agreed they will lend you, then you find a house, have it surveyed and then they just adjust the mortgage offer to suit subject to no changes.

If this all falls through now im screwed and what a waste of money it would have all been.
  • Wutang_2
    Wutang_2 Posts: 2,513 Forumite
    Options
    From what ive heard im not very keen on using them, thats why i was asking for advice.
    I guess it too late now, i need to move quickly with getting a mortgage and they have the application and all the docs going to underwritter in next few days, so should know if they are doing the survey or not by friday,

then i will need to hunt around again apply to someone else. TBH the FA just seems to place us with who he wants too, trying to get the best rate, id rather just go somewhere where i know its got a better chance of going through.

We have good credit scores, never miss any payments, but some may consider us to have too much debt, i have a loan with 1800 left on it and a credit card with 1500 and i want to pay these off over time and never have any more, but my partner has an 8k loan and a credit card with 3500 left on it. They were in debt years ago by about 22k so has paid a substantial amount off, never missed any payments ever, but i fear this is what they will question with the application. Once i have my small debts repaid, i will help to clear the debt in my partners name.

I just wish they wouldnt do these agreements in principle things, ive gone all the way to selling my house and putting an offer in on a property on the basis that when we spoke with my bank, we could have a mortgage. Then they said our affordability was out by 10k after we have done the application.

Why isnt there a law brought in, to do a full mortgage application before hand, get the maximum agreed they will lend you, then you find a house, have it surveyed and then they just adjust the mortgage offer to suit subject to no changes.

If this all falls through now im screwed and what a waste of money it would have all been.

I did not realise this was a preamble to changing the law (just to help you!).

...and your evil advisor has placed you with someone with the best rate?? Shoot him I say.

You are in a rush but that is not going to mean the prospective lender will also be in a rush.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • camper_1982
    Options
    Wutang wrote: »
    I did not realise this was a preamble to changing the law (just to help you!).

...and your evil advisor has placed you with someone with the best rate?? Shoot him I say.

You are in a rush but that is not going to mean the prospective lender will also be in a rush.

I mean changing the law to help everybody out .would be an easier way of doing things, and would stop you having to mess people around.

Its the best rate for us at the moment. We dont have thousands to put down as a deposit, so have to get a 10% one.
  • marib1
    Options
    Any progress Camper?
    I've applied through a broker to natwest IS and am interested in how you got on?
  • camper_1982
    Options
    Very good thanks. AIP was given on monday 15th, then had to submit all documents. was told there was a 72 hour delay in underwritting, but rang natwest myself and they told me it was being looked at on Monday 22nd in the morning.
    Rang after lunch and was all agreed to go ahead, no further docs needed and wanted valuation fee. I paid that and they are surveying tomorrow (26th), so if all goes well, should have mortgage offer a week later.

Another guy on here used them, he had his mortgage offer with 3 days of them doing the survey.

So far i am impressed.

They have even debited the mortgage application fee from my bank, which was a good deal at £95.00.

Best of luck with yours.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport