Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    RachelD
    Anyone used Tribunal Action UK?
    • 14th Oct 09, 9:42 PM
    Anyone used Tribunal Action UK? 14th Oct 09 at 9:42 PM
    My daughter brought a grievance at work because of bullying, discrimination, reduction of hours by her manager. She also reported financial irregularities where he had been apparently taking money.

She has had the result and only a few minor grievances were proven- the major ones unfounded. The whole letter is slanted and puts her in a bad light. She feels she cannot work with this man as he has been told of the allegations inc the financial ones.

Up to now we have used lawyers on the legal helpline I had with my home insurance. They advised not going down a Constructive Dismissal/ tribunal route because only 2 in 10 cases were successful.

My daughter has found Tribunal Action UK and is considering CD. I can't see from their website what percentage of any payout they would take. Their helpline also seems to be staffed by people with no legal training.' Has anyone used them and what feedback would they give.
    Thanks
    if i had known then what i know now
Page 1
    • mountainofdebt
    • By mountainofdebt 14th Oct 09, 9:58 PM
    • 7,424 Posts
    • 10,794 Thanks
    mountainofdebt
    • 14th Oct 09, 9:58 PM
    • 14th Oct 09, 9:58 PM
    I haven't used them but I would guess that they would tell you what you wanted to hear, especially if you were paying them hard cash.

I know I used solicitors attached to my house insurance when I had some employment issues back in the year and advised that I had a such a slim chance of being successful that they could only proceed if I paid. It wasn't a chance I was prepared to take because of other financial implications.

Has your daughter resigned ?
    • Flickering Ember
    • By Flickering Ember 15th Oct 09, 6:45 AM
    • 11,623 Posts
    • 128,877 Thanks
    Flickering Ember
    • 15th Oct 09, 6:45 AM
    • 15th Oct 09, 6:45 AM
    Get some information from the ACAS website, and if you can go in person to the Citizens Advice it would be a good idea. Has your daughter left or is she still there? I get the impression she's still there. Also look at the ETA website; the Employment Tribunals people. I have on two occasions successfully launched tribunal claims through them; if your claim is accepted, then they pass your details onto ACAS who help you for free. I've had successful outcomes both times (one out of court settlement and one reinstatement) without costing me a single penny or going through the courts. Hope this helps. PS I did this both times with NO legal backup whatsoever, eg no solicitor.
    Flickering Embers grow higher and higher...I need a break and I wanna be a paperback writer!
  • RachelD
    • 15th Oct 09, 7:33 AM
    • 15th Oct 09, 7:33 AM
    Thanks for your suggestions. No, she is still employed. She has got a medical cert for 'stress at work'.
    if i had known then what i know now
  • Lauren7771
    • 10th Nov 09, 12:37 PM
    Do not use tribunal action uk
    • 10th Nov 09, 12:37 PM
    Appauling service - take your money and little to no communication back - i have asked for a refund based on the poor customer service (247) for delux service and they are refusing. I will now have to take them to small claims court to get the money back and instead have had to instruct and employment law solicitor.

They made no attempt to resolve any issues - sending generic e-mails and letters - they should not be allowed to trade - disgusting!!!
  • Scottie62
    • 5th Feb 10, 12:35 PM
    • 5th Feb 10, 12:35 PM
    Appauling service - take your money and little to no communication back - i have asked for a refund based on the poor customer service (247) for delux service and they are refusing. I will now have to take them to small claims court to get the money back and instead have had to instruct and employment law solicitor.

They made no attempt to resolve any issues - sending generic e-mails and letters - they should not be allowed to trade - disgusting!!!
    Originally posted by Lauren7771
    Lauren I sympathise with your dilema and concur what Tribunal Action UK are doing to people. I to received the same treatment to the extent I have paid about 3k to be represented, and since got rid of them and now represent myself. Deplorable and now I,m having the stress of not just the tribunal but the fight to get back the money already paid.

Good Luck in your endevours and if I make any headway I will leave a post.
    • mum2one
    • By mum2one 5th Feb 10, 1:04 PM
    • 16,154 Posts
    • 60,024 Thanks
    mum2one
    • 5th Feb 10, 1:04 PM
    • 5th Feb 10, 1:04 PM
    I read your post and in all honeslty I thought you were writing my work situation.

I was a manager in catering, and shopped my upper mgr for his actions in supposed confidence, the 1st thing the HR dept did was speak to the area manager who then spoke to the mgr who denied it all, hense my life was made hell, 3 months later it all kicked off again, as one of the other duty managers had enough and split the beans, even thou when he had the chance when I brought the complaint he denied all knowlegde.

The manager in question got suspended, but after my proof of events (I had to photocopy documents, fax them to friends fax machines) etc etc, the upshot was the manager in question resigned.

They got a new senior manager into take over, but because I had been a whislt blower, my life was made hell.....

I then fell pregnant, (total shock) had the pregnancy from hell, and with morning sickness, which literally 24/7 couldn't work, initially signed off sick due to pregnancy, then later stress related, as I was having my life made hell.

when my maternity leave ended I resigned, I had a case for sexual discrimination which I lost - my then solicitor was as much use a chocolate teapot and I ended up representing myself, total sham.... we lost the case.

I changed solicitors, as I was on legal help, it meant they did the work, but I had to represent myself, and after 2 yrs of fighting I took an out of court settlement.

I don't know ur circumstances, but your daughter can ask a solicitors firm for a free initial interview for a chat and their see what they say.

Re house insurance, they only pay/represent you if the odds are 60% plus of winning.

In general unfair constructive dismissal is the hardest to prove as you (the person bring the case) has to begin and produce all the evidence and proof that their is a case to answer.

There is another. slightly detracting but basically on the same route, as employment tribunal, but ACAS, they do a basic hearing, but less pressure than a employment tribunal, may be worth looking at, I would definaltely not let the employers win.

If I can help or u or ur daughter want a chat just pm and if I can help i will. xx
    Tackling the debt free life one day at a time xx
    RIP Dad, - Always love you, - He was 1 in a million xx
  • Scottie62
    • 11th Mar 10, 11:41 PM
    • 11th Mar 10, 11:41 PM
    You will find that Tribunal Action UK is a trading name for "Action Direct (UK) Limited and that they do not advertise on their websiteas to whom their regulating body is, which is it in fact "The Ministry of Justice".

If anyone has a problem with Tribunal Action UK, direct this to them.

Glad to be of assistance.
    • ncollier1
    • By ncollier1 24th Mar 10, 7:57 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ncollier1
    • 24th Mar 10, 7:57 PM
    Action Direct (UK) Ltd. aka. Tribunal Action are a scam
    • 24th Mar 10, 7:57 PM
    I paid (fortunately only) 50 for them to review my case with a view to no win no fee representation and they never communicated anything back to me. I am now filing a bank assisted chargeback on the debit card transaction and if that fails, small claims court. Will take the advice above and write to the Ministry of Justice.
  • cali_
    Do not use them. They are useless and scam artists. My OH also had very bad experience with them and we ended up losing out money we could not afford to lose out on. Keep well away.
    • almond
    • By almond 16th May 10, 11:51 AM
    • 1,634 Posts
    • 2,956 Thanks
    almond
    i used cab and he won my case 17k but got more chance of winning lotto than getting the money would advise you go to them and get a book called employment law i found it very good
  • angrysmurf
    Please do a search for Tribunal Action and Fields Group Ltd you will see many complaints against them. I have setup a forum for victims of this company to share their experiences but I cant post it here so please PM me.

I hope my post is not deleted as spam because I am trying to highlight the link between Tribunal Action and the Fields Group of companies, they are all part of the same corporate structure which people might not be aware of, hence my post about Fields in this thread and in the quickie divorce thread - its the same company!
  • printshop
    Zulu
    Do not use them.

Tribunal-Action.com, Tribunal-Online.com and the Fields Group of companies, they are all part of the same corporate structure which people might not be aware of, they owns about 145 other domains
  • angrysmurf
    I am in contact with the MSE team, presenting them with factual data from companies house so that I can back up my complaint with factual data. I was a bit hasty to post a diatribe against them but will be more careful because Fields Group are highly letigious.

But please do be careful, this is not just a matter of personal opinion. Many people have complained against this company, all you need do is Google their name to see these complaints. Use a professional legal firm not a bunch of (in my opinion, not that of the MSE directors) cowboys!
  • PeterDD
    Anyone heard of tribunal action?
    Yes I have heard of them, they are a bunch of tele sales people, they are kids, not trained, and they are not even British. You can tell this from the bad english when you try to talk to them.
    I was supposed to have the de-lux package, but all I did was lose 247, as I never heard from them again.
    Don't throw your money away steer clear of this rackit folks!!
  • intlaw
    Tribunal Action
    I have lost 247, they took the money, but their incompetent staff could not even file a claim at the tribunal on my behalf! I then asked for refund - they refused. I therefore asked them to prepare the documentation on my behalf if they did not wish to reimburse. They asked me to pay more so that a barrister could represent me at the ET. I have decided to file a case against them (irony, isn't it!) at the small courts but also trying to ascertain who is their local MP (they are in Wales) so that I could bring it to his/her attention. I also intend to inform the Ministry of Justice.
  • angrysmurf
    Its interesting that they charge 247, which is more or less the price Fields Group Ltd charge for other services e.g. hard drive data recovery which I paid them for. The exact same thing happened to me, they took my money then told me that they could not perform the service I paid for, waiving their T&C in my face (figuratiely). I think they have the impression that they can make any promise under the sun as long as they include "gotcha" clauses in their T&C.

Please do report this to Bridgend Trading Standards too and note that Action Direct UK Ltd are the registered company (owned by Fields Group) who operate the various Tribunal services websites, as well as the well known quickie-divorce.com.

I am trying to gather as many accounts of sharp practice perpetrated by the people behind this corporate group, who are behaving in the same way towards hapless victims of their other online paper-mill operations. I am cooperating with regulatory bodies and a legal firm in the gathering of this evidence, I wish I could publish more here but I would probably be censored.

Please do a search for data-recovery-blog dot com forum, you will see all the complaints against this company...
    Last edited by angrysmurf; 27-07-2010 at 2:02 AM. Reason: update
  • harrison yate
    Tribunal Action con - rip off
    I used this service recently.Having been made redundant in April, I felt I had a case against my employer. Tribunal action were sympathetic, and made frequent contact in the initial stages. However, having paid for the deluxe package, since payment received to the company, it has been horrendous. To date nothing has happened with my claim. Their call centre is constantly busy, you go round in a loop. They have a 'chat' forum live on line. However, if you become insistent about what is happening with your case; they just log off. No one ever returns your calls. You may receive an email advising 'their legal team are reviewing', however, this is the only update you get. Total con/rip off. Don't use them. Tell others not to use them too. 300 lighter, in what is already a difficult time. They prey on people in an already emotional state. Parasites.
  • AMH1
    what can be done about these rogues?
    I am currently in the process of being stung by these swines who, as with the poster above, were OK initially but about as useful as a chocolate saucepan now. they assisted (after much cajoling) with the LBA and ET-1 form, but simply refuse to assist with the schedule of loss or help us ignorami (me and my mum, on whose behalf I am trying to take action) work out what to ask for by way of compensation.

having paid them 300 for the all singing all dancing package they seem to be doing diddly squat now. only now, 4 months after paying them the money, are they saying I have to sign a NWNF contract. having emailed them the respondent's ET-3 form, they are asking for hard copies to be posted as the adobe file is 'distorted' according to their legal client (a mythical entity IMHO).

I thought I had struck it lucky when assisted by Michelle Bevan, only to find out a few weeks later she had left the company (she must have been deemed TOO helpful by the management)! it would seem they have staff retention problems too; presumably the scrupulous ones leave after a while...

I actually don't think they would even field a lawyer if it went to tribunal. all I can pray for is the respondent agreeing to a settlement and, at this stage, as long as it covers my 300 outlay, neither me nor my mum care any more. this has been dragging on for months (I know the wheels of 'justice' turn slowly) but seems like years. I believe I have developed a few grey hairs during this whole process. I am pretty much at my wit's end now.

I have a few queries for my kind peers on this forum:

1. if we get to tribunal and TA do provide a lawyer, if we lose, are we liable for the tribunal costs? if so , how much is this likely to amount to?

2. would there be any cost to us if we simply withdrew from the whole debacle now e.g. liability for the respondent's pre-tribunal legal fees to date?

3. what can we actually expect from ACAS as they seem to be taking a VERY hands off approach.

4. I went into all this in the first place as I felt my mum had been horribly mistreated by her employer and I wanted some justice. now, the company who are supposed to be assisting me, are making life ten times more stressful and I feel like I need to sue them! has anyone had any success in getting their money back from TA? is anyone interested in taking a group action against them? I would like to see these charlatans pay for their deception.

many thanks,

adam

p.s. am happy to chat off forum if necessary...
  • angrysmurf
    Victims of Tribunal Action (Trading name of Action Direct UK Ltd)

Action Direct (UK) Limited, regulated by the Ministry of Justice Reg No: CRM19622

I have been in touch with the employment tribunals office in London and they are aware of disreputable online tribunal companies. I have been told that complaints must be put in writing and submitted to the president of the organisation:

Mr David Latham
    President of the Employment Tribunal (England and Wales)
    The President’s Office
    Victory House
    30-34 Kingsway
    London
    WC2B 6EX

londoncentralet@tribunals.gsi.gov.uk

Phone 020 7273 8603
    Fax 020 7273 8686
    DX Address 141420 Bloomsbury 7

Good luck, PM me if you have any questions.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,062Posts Today

7,391Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin