ASDA Online Shopping Queries

Options
Hi everyone

I used to work for the Contact Centre at ASDA, and now that I am no longer employed there, please feel free to ask me any questions you have about their service etc, and I will answer them more honestly than you would normally receive when you phone up their Contact Centre.

Please note that I am only going to be able to do this for any Online shopping, as I do not know store procedures.

I see people have had problems with a "reserve" amount for example, being taken from your account. I can clear this up for you.

So ask any questions, and I'll reply :)

Regards

CapeTownGuy

Comments

• sheldon08
    sheldon08 Posts: 29,570 Forumite
    Options
    Hello.:)

I've just asked this on another thread but I will ask you too. Why don't I receive delivery codes through email? I see that some people obviously do. Am I missing something?:confused:
    :dance:Mash p'tater, mash p'tater:dance:

• CapeTownGuy
    CapeTownGuy Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    The honest answer to this is as follows:-

ASDA Marketing send out E-Vouchers (delivery codes) to various customers based on certain factors.

These factors are things such as a post code is not doing as much shopping as they would like, so they send out E-Vouchers to everyone who has registered with ASDA in that post code in order to entice them to renew shopping, or continue shopping with ASDA. Another factor may be if a store has a certain promotion on, and it may only be available for Home Deliveries, so they will send out E-Vouchers again to people in that vicinity to take advantage and to entice them to shop with ASDA.

The E-Vouchers that you may have seen talked about on here are not sent to specific individuals more than others, it just happens to be luck of the draw in terms of your locality and promotions from the store.

If you ever have an issue with any of your home delivery service, it can be worthwhile calling the Contact Centre as they are able to issue Free Dellvery E-Vouchers :)

I hope this answers your question?

Regards
  • sheldon08
    sheldon08 Posts: 29,570 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you. That makes sense. I'm expecting my shopping today. I might phone and ask.:beer:
    :dance:Mash p'tater, mash p'tater:dance:

• CapeTownGuy
    Options
    Always worth a try. If your shopping is late, or earlier than the 2 hour delivery slot you booked, you can always call the Contact Centre and say that you want a free delivery E-Voucher.

At first they will try and talk you out of it, but they are obliged to give you an E-Voucher if you express dissatisfaction.

Glad I could help :)
  • wills72
    wills72 Posts: 79 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I email the contact centre? I tried to call - but was on the phoe 8 minutes and they still had'n't loaded up my order! I tried the contact us on the Asda web site but all I got was 'Ask Amy' or phone.

Thanks very much.
  • Kazz
    Kazz Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    wills72 wrote: »
    Can I email the contact centre? I tried to call - but was on the phoe 8 minutes and they still had'n't loaded up my order! I tried the contact us on the Asda web site but all I got was 'Ask Amy' or phone.

Thanks very much.

I'd like to know if there's an email address too as I don't have outgoing calls at the moment.
    Just had a delivery, refused a substitute (ordered 24 pack of 330ml cans Diet Irn Bru for a fiver & they sent 2 bottle packs equaling 16 bottles of 250ml for the same price, how can they see that as a bargain!) The driver kindly told me just to keep them & he'd refund me.
    Want to mail about a couple of other things though. I ordered a 26cm roasting tin & they sent an 18cm & also a bag of lettuce dated today & absolutely disgusing looking.
  • CapeTownGuy
    Options
    Hi :)

In regards to your request for an email address to write to, it does seem as though they have removed that facility.

However, what I can do for you is give you the email address of one of the colleagues at the Contact Centre who works on the Home Shopping queries. He is very skilled in his role, and although this is going outside the normal channels of communication, I am sure he will be able to assist.

I am reluctant to post the email address here, as I am sure you can understand, so I will send it to you via Private Message if that is ok?

Regards
  • wills72
    wills72 Posts: 79 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Glad it's not just me who couldn't find an email. It's the first time I have used them - may be the last!
  • CapeTownGuy
    CapeTownGuy Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    The reason it appears to have been removed is that they actually want you to phone the Contact Centre. ASDA's philosophy with the Contact Centre was "why are we paying people to answer calls, when all they do is send emails into us". It's the same reason why you aren't really able to resolve any Online Shopping at the store that the shopping comes from. You have to go via the Contact Cente. Seems a bit daft I know!
  • Giulliana
    Giulliana Posts: 101 Forumite
    edited 30 July 2009 at 4:36PM
    Options
    I always telephone the store which delivers to me and find it much easier to resolve things that way than speaking to a totally unconcerned call centre employee in South Africa.

The one time I tried to resolve matters with the call centre I was lied to and the situation became further aggravated by their poor advice.

Straight to the shop concerned and ask for their Home Delivery Manager. And none of this shilly shallying about threatening to take your business elsewhere; go for the jugular. Ask said manager if he wants to be personally responsible for having the Financial Crimes Division of HM Treasury crawling all over Asdas’ accounts.

I use my Paypal pre paid Visa card to pay so there is no way they can help themselves to more than I have credited to it for the order.

Thus far I have had several free delivery e vouchers, and an equal number of £10 credits to my account

My last but one order was completely written off by Asda. That is to say I got it FREE after they tried to charge me £48.00 for a couple of spring rolls, and could then find no other way of resolving it.

And my most recent order arrived with everything priced on the delivery note at 00.00 - they have yet to take payment for this order after it was delivered to me three weeks ago, (apparently if they do not take the payment they have reserved, in six months it will be put back onto my card as available credit.)

I don't think they ever will take that payment as they have clearly caused some glitch whilst trying to sort out the previous one, and after the latest order remained listed as 'processing' for several days it was then somehow forced through to show as 'delivered' with a completely unrelated amount showing as the final value of the order.

I love Asda, my groceries have never been quite so cheap.

Quite looking forward to my next order to see what they do wrong this time. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure