How to complain to Sky

Options
Hi,

I'm sorry but I can't bear to go into the details right now, but I'll just say I've spent hours and hours and hours on the phone on many many many calls to Sky, every day for the last few weeks. No exaggeration.

Still no resolution for my issue (which is just that I want to arrange a house move, and they are incapable).

Please could someone help with the best address to complain to? I have the general Sky complaints address but is this the best thing to use?

Sorry again, another time when I've calmed down somewhat I'll give further details :mad:

Thank you!

Comments

• zax47
    zax47 Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    Options
    Do what I did - go straight to the top!

email [EMAIL="jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com"]jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com[/EMAIL] - he's the CEO.

BE POLITE! State your problem, or how you feel they have failed you as a customer, clearly and succinctly and tell them how you would like them to resolve it to your satisfaction - be sensible and reasonable and it will succeed. DO NOT JUST THREATEN TO LEAVE - THEY WILL LET YOU, IT'S LESS HASSLE! Be sure to include plenty of ways that they can contact you - phone, email, mobile.

You will get a reply (I got a phone call!) from the "Executive Escalations" dept and they will do what they can to sort you out.
  • markc8397
    Options
    thanks, I used this email because of problems i was having with sky and i got a phone call the next day, and got it sorted!
  • Dicky2K
    Dicky2K Posts: 495 Forumite
    Options
    sky are crap to complain to..
    Almost..debt free.. :P:money:
  • bradzki
    bradzki Posts: 70 Forumite
    Options
    I had a real issue with SKY after closing my account as they stated I still owed them money as they were still charging me after I had cancelled my subscription. I wrote an e-mail as recommended and a got a phone call that same evening apologising for their error and that they would cancel the outstanding balance on my account.

I had been trying to do this over the telephone without ant success.

Thanks.
  • DocProc
    DocProc Posts: 855 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I came across the following, which is a Complaints Letter Writing Service.

The lady who runs this is not known by me personally but she is known by some of my friends. I believe she started this business up after breaking her leg badly and then getting her treatment messed up at the NHS.

Here's a link: http://www.thepersonalcomplainer.co.uk
  • i have an issue and would like some help. My sky broadband and telephone went down for days on and off it would go so i had to ring sky 8 times from my mobile and it was for over two hours of being on the phone pulling plugs out and unscrewing things for them to tell me it was fixed. just got my mobile bill for calls made to sky over £53!!! am so angry what can i do, threaten to leave as i am into month 15 of my contract? i am lost and just before christmas too!!
  • loztiggy
    Options
    i doubt they will reimburse you as you will have been aware of being charged from you rmobile,however in future try asking them to call you back, they always do with me.

explain to them the situation though they may give you a goodwill credit or package on your bill.
  • clairibel
    clairibel Posts: 3,657 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    zax47 wrote: »
    Do what I did - go straight to the top!

email [EMAIL="jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com"]jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com[/EMAIL] - he's the CEO.

BE POLITE! State your problem, or how you feel they have failed you as a customer, clearly and succinctly and tell them how you would like them to resolve it to your satisfaction - be sensible and reasonable and it will succeed. DO NOT JUST THREATEN TO LEAVE - THEY WILL LET YOU, IT'S LESS HASSLE! Be sure to include plenty of ways that they can contact you - phone, email, mobile.

You will get a reply (I got a phone call!) from the "Executive Escalations" dept and they will do what they can to sort you out.

Seriously go with this email, we had major issues with sky and BT when we moved...BT reckoned they couldn't find our address to sort the line out and kept cancelling the installation and sky kept on never telling us etc...

I wrote to this email and we got a personal adviser and she had to ring us and inform us of everything and push it through, we got it sorted and were compensated for our expense and stress. You need to go to the top.
  • howburn
    Options
    This is a copy of a letter and email I have sent outling my problems,
    I have sent the email to the following address.
    james.murdoch@bskyb.com skydigital@bskyb.com [EMAIL="jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com ExecCustEnq@bskyb.com"]jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com ExecCustEnq@bskyb.com[/EMAIL]

15/12/2010

ACCOUNT NUMBER
    Dear Sir,
    I would like without delay a full explanation to the following points; I will give a brief out line below.

Due to numerous reasons we decided to move our telephone and broadband to another provider, I think our contract ended at the beginning of November 2010.

We requested a MAC code, which we were given over the phone, only to find out the next day it had expired as it was an old one from February 2010.

A few days later after numerous calls we obtained the MAC code and this was confirmed in writing a day or so latter.

We discussed with our new provider the package we were interested in, but we did not proceed at this point as it was late November we felt we risked having problems with our connections at the Christmas period and felt it would be wise to wait until the new year.

Yesterday afternoon our Broadband stopped working, I contacted SKY last night to be told that they were no longer my provider and there was nothing they could do, we contacted the provider we had been in talks with, they confirmed they had no requested our MAC code and also our order was on hold and they did not have access to our line.

I would like to know why SKY closed my broadband connection with out instruction to do so? Our account is up to date and no money is owed. We have had no notification what so ever from SKY advising us of this situation. I would also like to know if SKY still provides our phone line, because at this point we are unsure.

We had obviously been thinking of transferring to another provider but this poor communication only re-enforces that choice. Our TV package at the moment remains in use.

Both my Wife and I run our business from home and relay heavily on the internet and this is a very busy time of year for us, this disruption could not have come at a worse time, and we feel that some level of compensation is justifiable for lost revenue and inconvenience.

Yours Faithfully

• dizziblonde
    dizziblonde Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We resorted to a couple of the head honcho emails from a thread on here when we were getting naff all joy from the call centres, naff all joy from their online complaints contact addresses (who required a mysky login to use their online form - when the problem was we couldn't GET a working mysky login). Was sorted the next business day using the email on here.
    Little miracle born April 2012, 33 weeks gestation and a little toughie!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure