How to complain to Sky

Options

Comments

• rpip
    rpip Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    If you want to see Sky customers complaints go to their Forum "Disgraceful Service" helpforum .sky. com /t5/Using-Sky-com-Sky-Online/Disgraceful-Service/m-p/22359#M603

I tried to post the following but was rejected:

If Sky has taken your money then a CONTRACT is in place. They have failed to discharge their obligations to you to provide a service (which includes dealing with your calls in a reasonable manner). Hence, given the extent of the failure, they have caused a “repudiatory breach of contract”. You can claim back from them reasonable costs (losses to date and additional costs in future) in order for you secure an equivalent service from others. Give them written notice that you will take proceedings (“small claims”) in the County Court. You can do this yourself for a small fee (which will be recovered if you win). Many insurance policies include a free legal help line. They or the Citizens Advice Bureau will guide you through the simple process. Often the (substantiated) threat of court action will bring anincompetent organization(!) to their senses. In the first instance, write to:

Complaints Manager
    Customer Relations Dept.
    Sky Subscriber Services Ltd.
    PO Box 43,
    Livingston,
    West Lothian,
    EH54 7DD

Send letters (use Recorded Delivery or at least free Proof of Posting).

If you want to (ultimately) use the Ombudsman service stick RIGIDLY to the Sky Complaints Code - sky. com / helpcentre/sky-complaints-charter/
    Then write to Otelo or Ofcom as appropriate. There are strict time limits so don’t allow Sky to procrastinate.

www. otelo.org.uk
    enquiries @otelo.org.uk

www. ofcom.org.uk
    contact @ ofcom.org.uk

zzzzzz

By prolonging chargeable telephone calls Sky are incentivizing customers to switch to Sky Talk Unlimited!! A double wammy!

Does anyone know of an independant site devoted to Sky critisism?
  • rpip
    First Post
    Options
    I also meant to ask:

Does anyone know of a Sky phone number that is not 0844 or premium rate? I have tried www SayNoTo0870.com
  • zppp
    zppp Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    Options
    rpip wrote: »
    Does anyone know of an independant site devoted to Sky critisism?

There is this site:

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/

It is independent and does have posts of criticism.
    Best Regards

zppp :)

• rpip
    First Post
    Options
    zppp,

The skyUser site is definately not independant. It is ridled with Sky adverts and their propaganda and is desighned to pass the buck re support for their contracted service.
  • zppp
    zppp Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    Options
    zppp,

The skyUser site is definately not independant. It is ridled with Sky adverts and their propaganda and is desighned to pass the buck re support for their contracted service.
    Welcome to Sky User - The unofficial support forum for everything Sky! - Now helping over 48,300 members.
    SkyUser is not officially recognised by Sky and we would like to remain independent. However, representatives from Sky Broadband do visit the website, and are beginning to show signs of acting on feedback.

To be fair I could sign up for an affiliate account, and paste loads of sky banners on my website. Doesn't make me Sky. It is just a way for them to fund their site. I also notice they have other adverts including one for Gala Bingo.
    Best Regards

zppp :)

• Jeff_Bridges_hair
    Options
    zppp,

They probably use Google advertising for their site which given the nature of the site and how google works will constantly bring up adverts for sky.
    "If you no longer go for a gap, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you want to jump straight to the front of the Sky customer services call queue, press the "0" on your phone ten times when you join the call queue. It is the code the Sky engineers use to avoid having to wait to get through to customer services
  • rpip
    First Post
    Options
    Zppp,

If you read some of the responses from "ordinary members" justifying poor service from Sky, one can only come to the conclusion I have indicated.

No one bites the hand that feeds! The Sky advertisments are big earners.

I am still looking for a Sky complaints independant forum. All I can thik of is Which.co.uk but you need to subscribe.
  • dizziblonde
    dizziblonde Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've found the bods on Skyuser to be incredibly helpful when I was having problems with my router recently - much more use than actually calling Sky. I think it's similar to cableforum (the Virgin equivalent) in that a lot of their staff and techies visit on their spare time to help people out - so usually they can either diagnose the problem or know the best route to go to in order to get the issue resolved.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk is equally fantastic for Virgin stuff.

Like everything, if you've got a product that does generally work and not muck up - there tends to be a fair few on forums that will jump to its defence - I've recently moved to Sky and apart from some niggles with the router, and their customer service being fond of playing pass you around every department going - I'm incredibly satistfied with what I've got in terms of the contrast from my Virgin set top box that was a continual pain in the backside.

Google ads and their like are a pain - they reflect the content of the site and are very hard to control for site owners - leads to a lot of online game sites being hit with RMT (real money trade) adverts who players are largely incredibly annoyed at for their shenanigans screwing up everyone's game experience. Sky ads on skyuser are a similar thing I believe.
    Little miracle born April 2012, 33 weeks gestation and a little toughie!
  • jd87
    jd87 Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dacouch wrote: »
    If you want to jump straight to the front of the Sky customer services call queue, press the "0" on your phone ten times when you join the call queue. It is the code the Sky engineers use to avoid having to wait to get through to customer services

Can anyone confirm if this is true?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport