Scandinova Table Top Ice Maker £29.99

Options
Have been after one of these for a while. Also sold under the brand Contessa. Looked on pricerunner - around £180, on Ebay around £120 plus p&p. Looked on Currys website had a different machine, by Anthony Worral Thompson at £150 ish. So imagine my surprise when I went into Comet at Talbot Green, new Pontyclun, South Wales and they had one on display at £29.99!

At first I thought I was reading it wrong, and that £29.99 was the 'extended warranty' but no, £29.99 for a Scandinova Table Top Ice Maker - I know cos I bought one.

If you are in the market for one of these, worth checking out your local Comet store.

Got it home last night, all set up and works perfectly.

Mightily chuffed, I can tell you!!
Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.
The Lord Giveth and the Government Taketh Away.
I'm sorry, I don't apologise. That's just the way I am. Homer (Simpson)

Comments

• comicmankev
    comicmankev Posts: 1,597 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That is a nice price. To save on searching, could you provide a product code from the receipt?

Cheers
  • RufusA
    RufusA Posts: 939 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I'm guessing it was 191140.

URL from Google's cache, (no longer listed on their website):

http://snurl.com/iceice

If URL get's mangled it is snurl dot com / iceice (without spaces).

HTH - Rufus.
  • dc
    dc Posts: 2,547 Forumite
    Options
    Comet had an icemaker reduced, similar price?
    ac's lovechild
  • merthyr
    merthyr Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    oooh thats not to far from me!

does it look like this one:

http://www.gadgetstuff.com/product.asp?id=11263&ms=kelkoo
  • halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    Could do with one of these (only at cheap as ice chips price though!)
  • love2save
    love2save Posts: 832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just phoned my local Comet and they don't have any :(
  • OGB03
    OGB03 Posts: 335 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have been after one of these for a while. Also sold under the brand Contessa. Looked on pricerunner - around £180, on Ebay around £120 plus p&p. Looked on Currys website had a different machine, by Anthony Worral Thompson at £150 ish. So imagine my surprise when I went into Comet at Talbot Green, new Pontyclun, South Wales and they had one on display at £29.99!

At first I thought I was reading it wrong, and that £29.99 was the 'extended warranty' but no, £29.99 for a Scandinova Table Top Ice Maker - I know cos I bought one.

If you are in the market for one of these, worth checking out your local Comet store.

Got it home last night, all set up and works perfectly.

Mightily chuffed, I can tell you!!

Spoke to Comet & my local is supposed to have 3 left. Apparently, they went down to 99.99 and now they're getting rid of them (at this time of year) because no-one wants them!!!! They'll go back up to full price/in stock when the weather gets better. This is an absolute steal and I sincerely hope that when I get down to Comet in the next 45 minutes, I can still bag myself one of these. Have done alternate item/same product research, and it seems, that this is indeed a generic model which then takes on the 'brand name' of who ever is manufacturing them, ie Contessa, Scandinova etc. Thirty Squid???!!! Wish me luck...
    OGB - Queen of Bling baby...:A
  • scottishchick27
    Options
    These are great machines when they work. I bought this model from Comet a year ago for £129.99. The first one broke down after 6 months but they replaced it. The second one stopped working on New Years eve, just before I was having a party. It started working again just as the party was ending. If you buy this ice machine keep hold of the receipt as you will probably need it. The bonus of it was when I got the replacements the year warranty starts from then.
    :j little fire cracker born 5th November 2012 :j
  • Rob123
    Rob123 Posts: 144 Forumite
    Options
    21 in stock at my local Comet this morning...got there about half an hour ago...NONE!
  • skint_student_6
    Options
    Thanks for the post. I picked up the last one they had left in the Cardiff Valegate store (it was the display model). Just got it up and running, quality stuff. It's gonna be great for parties and the summer! I definately recommend getting your hands on one if you can. Thanks again inmypocketnottheirs for the post.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure