We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Scandinova Table Top Ice Maker £29.99

Options

Comments

• Rob123
    Rob123 Posts: 144 Forumite
    Options
    Similar thing happened to me...central customer service said my local had 5 in stock...get's there, very reluctant staff imply none in stock. My wife persisted, surprise surprise they "found one in the back somewhere" (my wife got the feeling they were hanging on to these & not releasing them for customers to see/buy). Anyway, alls well that ends well, thanks to the OP well chuffed.

BTW the London Hendon Branch still had one left where the lid had been opened (ex display) ...should still be there if you're quick!
  • alexandrite
    Options
    Old Kent Road - None
    Croydon, Purley Way - None

SA at OKR told me there were 2 @ Greenwich & 2 @ Orpington. He rang Greenwich & was told there was none, but he said to go up there & try anyway.

So I took a chance..BINGO only the unboxed display model left but was given it for £23.99!!! New Year Bargain!!! Thank you.
  • Trickywoo64
    Options
    Went to my Rochdale store and got the last one the display one and got it for £25 !!!!
    Thanks for the link :beer: :beer:
  • Clairog
    Clairog Posts: 640 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good news is I got the last one in Coatbridge :j

Bad news is there was no box or instructions :eek:

I wondered if anyone who had got one could tell me if there's a website to see if I can get the instruction book :D

TIA
    Claire
    :)
    :j Saving Money Is Gemme!:j
  • riskybusiness
    Options
    been looking for a desktop ice maker for a while. didnt want to fork out £150 for one. £29.99 is a bargin. Damn im so pleased. so much ice i dont know what to do with it.

went to barking comet. they didnt have any, the guy in the store says 'they dont sell them till summer, and he kept cutting me off and telling me 'no' when i told him that 'i was told that comet were selling them as clearance'. went to chadwell heath, they didnt have any. they checked on the system and said that the only store that showed up, having 7 was enfeild. drove round, they had two out and one on display. picked up the two. one of the senior staff came round after noticing the price at checkout (strangly as that was the price displayed on the shelf) and looks puzzled over the price, then looks quite happy, then strangly at me as i go to get the second one (they are quite heavy and somewhat bigger than a food processor). as i came back he says 'you just taking two right?'. i think he wanted one for himself.

after tha lovely story, thanks to the poster, bagged two, these machines are ice.
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.
  • riskybusiness
    Options
    Clairog wrote:
    Good news is I got the last one in Coatbridge :j

Bad news is there was no box or instructions :eek:

I wondered if anyone who had got one could tell me if there's a website to see if I can get the instruction book :D

TIA
    Claire
    :)

oh yeh, one of the boxes didnt have an instruction booklet either, the other did. nine pages long.

the jist of the of it:
    put water in the bottom tray, ice made in the top, drop in the middle. dont open the top or touch it when on (gets very cold, can get ice burns). if ice melts, i think it drips to tray at bottom. i think the machine stops if middle tray is full of ice and will wait till it melts or emptied. oh, dont clean with detergent. clean with 1 part viniger 9 or 10 part water. tahts bout all i can remember. if theres a web site il post it.
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.
  • Rob123
    Rob123 Posts: 144 Forumite
    Options
    My mum bought me the Micromaxx version in Somerfield's Whitby & posted it down to me, but then a few days later she fancied one herself & went back to get one ...they still had some in stock yesterday (even after she bought hers).

Oops sorry wrong thread (meant for Somerfield PDA thread....could the mod move please?)
  • sdl811
    sdl811 Posts: 265 Forumite
    Options
    What is the national rate number?

if its this one 08705 425 425 , they told there none anywhere?
    The national rate number will be able to check any store stock levels, but I think they only update overnight so there is a chance they may not have any. The person I spoke to phoned my store direct to confirm and they have 5 left.
    Signature what signature....
  • comicmankev
    comicmankev Posts: 1,597 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    08705425425 - not sure if thats listed on noto0870 or not, didnt try! Enfield was where I got mine yesterday and they had 3 left, so if the poster above bought 2 then there must have been 1 left for the manager - lol

I was in the same position, I've been wanting one for ages but didnt want to fork out over 100 notes on it. Well pleased - but it is MASSIVE! - the boxed product took up my boot!
  • sdl811
    sdl811 Posts: 265 Forumite
    Options
    Which Edinburgh Branch?
    For anyone interested Coatbridge and Edinburgh have them in stock, but they wont transfer them.
    Signature what signature....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family