We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Scandinova Table Top Ice Maker £29.99

Options

Comments

• Gemini
    Gemini Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Got one today at about 7pm at my local store in Tottenham. Hope it doesn't break down on me. So excited, i can now have ice when I want it.
  • OGB03
    OGB03 Posts: 335 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok guys, I bagged myself one this evening for the said thirty squid!! Very pleased as more research has confirmed this is probably, (but don't quote me on this) "the best deal I have bought all year"! Proper chuffed. Er, not quite so happy with the reports of them breaking down, but will keep receipt very safe just in case.
    OGB - Queen of Bling baby...:A
  • OGB03
    OGB03 Posts: 335 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Simply Fabulous - Thank You
    OGB - Queen of Bling baby...:A
  • shanleypink
    Options
    Gutted!! Rang round the whole of South Yorkshire and nobody has one! Really wanted one.....sniff....:(
  • jumpingjackd
    jumpingjackd Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    Options
    For anyone interested Coatbridge and Edinburgh have them in stock, but they wont transfer them.
  • al_london
    Options
    Gemini wrote:
    Got one today at about 7pm at my local store in Tottenham. Hope it doesn't break down on me. So excited, i can now have ice when I want it.

Congratulations! Did they have many left in Tottenham?
    Nice to save.
  • RightRevBod
    Options
    Just phoned the helpline to check if any in stock locally. They claim that they have stopped selling these and there are non in stock anywhere.

I have not been able to find a number for my local store - Farnborough to ask directly.
    [size=-2] If this post was unhelpful, please tell me.
    If it was helpful, please tell everyone - Press the [highlight]Thanks[/highlight] button!
    [/size]
  • comicmankev
    comicmankev Posts: 1,597 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The national rate number will be able to check any store stock levels, but I think they only update overnight so there is a chance they may not have any. The person I spoke to phoned my store direct to confirm and they have 5 left.
  • R2-D2_2
    R2-D2_2 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Their web site can still check stock of this item. Follow Google's cached version from the post earlier, and then click on the link to check stock near you. Worked for me, and my local had one on display and at least one boxed one (which I got :)).
  • RightRevBod
    Options
    R2-D2 wrote:
    Their web site can still check stock of this item. Follow Google's cached version from the post earlier, and then click on the link to check stock near you. Worked for me, and my local had one on display and at least one boxed one (which I got :)).
    THe link from the web site shows stock. However when I phoned the national number again, they contacted the store and said no stock!

I am rather confused! It is a half hour drive each way to the store, so I only want to go if there is a good chance of them actually having it.
    [size=-2] If this post was unhelpful, please tell me.
    If it was helpful, please tell everyone - Press the [highlight]Thanks[/highlight] button!
    [/size]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family