NATWEST ADVANTAGE GOLD - Furious!

Options
I have the above account with Natwest , and as part of my package I have Mobile phone insurance . Now on the 2nd I dropped and broke my phone - tried to fix . Went away and when I came back on the 5th wrote a letter and sent a claim form off.

never heard back , so this morning called them - insurance is run by Lifestyle services and not Natwest , who said I should have recieved a letter back rejecting my claim..

Why i ask , I sent all the relevent paperwork and proof of purchase. Because I have to send the claim form in and report within 48 hours. I replied that I am only one day out - this is as I was away and also awaiting the copy of my proof of purchase....

Told me I should have read the terms and conditions....

Mmmmm...

sO TOUGH:mad: :mad:

Comments

• gordonstights
    Options
    Insurance companies will do anything to not pay out but that's crazy about length of time to inform them.

What benefits does the Advantage Gold actually give you these days? I had it years ago when they first introduced it and it was £6 a month, but the only thing I found useful was the holiday insurance that came with it. In the end I decided that I could get yearly cover cheaper elsewhere and reverted back to my current account.
  • londonuk2008
    londonuk2008 Posts: 1,101 Forumite
    Options
    Benfits are travel insurance , accident/life insurance and preferential rates on loans etc.

Really mad as they have'nt written to me , said I can appeal against the descion - I called Natwest who said ' it's nothing to do with them' !

Any Natwest staff members come on here who can comment?
  • ShelfStacker_3
    Options
    I'd complain more strongly and go to the Financial Ombudsman if they don't reverse their decision. 48 hours is a ludicrous timeframe in which to put in the insurance claim, considering the paperwork that needs to be found and sent off etc.
  • londonuk2008
    Options
    Well I am writing a letter of complaint this morning and see what happens...
  • latecomer
    latecomer Posts: 4,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    what you should do is if they dont back down is close your account and take your business elsewhere. Thats the only message the banks seem to understand.
  • londonuk2008
    Options
    Well just to update - I wrote a letter of complaint and copied to Natwest . Within 24 hours got a call from the insurance company who informed me they had reviewed and accepted my claim. So all sorted , very quickly too. Wonder if Natwest respond to the letter also!

Thanks everyone!
  • bitsnbytes
    Options
    Glad that your claim is sorted :) Actually I'm toying with the idea of having this account myself since they offer free breakdown with green flag and also the fact that I have 2 very expensive mobile phones (Nokia N95 8GB and O2 XDA Stellar) costing almost £1000 in value. Also the free travel insurance :)

The only question I had is what level of breakdown do they offer? Does anyone have any experiences? I require cover on the lines of recovery plus so I can be assured I can get my car back home (wherever I breakdown)
  • Extant
    Extant Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    latecomer wrote: »
    what you should do is if they dont back down is close your account and take your business elsewhere. Thats the only message the banks seem to understand.

Well, not really - because this happens with every bank. You can guarantee that for every !!!!ed off customer in bank X, there's a !!!!ed off customer in bank Y who's doing the exact same thing.
    What would William Shatner do?
  • londonuk2008
    Options
    I agree with you on that - loyalty with a bank means nothing . I always keep my account in order , very seldom drop into my authorised overdraft , and have a couple of products . But , if I were to say ' off' I go I would be another number closing my account.

Anyway it's all sorted now anyway.
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    Options
    bitsnbytes wrote: »
    Glad that your claim is sorted :) Actually I'm toying with the idea of having this account myself since they offer free breakdown with green flag and also the fact that I have 2 very expensive mobile phones (Nokia N95 8GB and O2 XDA Stellar) costing almost £1000 in value. Also the free travel insurance :)

The only question I had is what level of breakdown do they offer? Does anyone have any experiences? I require cover on the lines of recovery plus so I can be assured I can get my car back home (wherever I breakdown)
    there is a top limit to the value of the phone. You can get through to the adgold phone insurance people on 08453003695 (I don't know geographical number, sorry!) and ask if they would be covered before you upgrade.

It's level 2 greenflag cover and the insurance policy document can be found at www.natwest.com/adgold for your to review before you upgrade :)
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills