Have you put the heating on yet?

Options
I'm starting to feel a bit chilly, but I'm doing my best not to put the heating on yet. I don't think I'm going to last past the end of the week, because my OH is in Singapore at the moment, so as soon as he arrives back he'll be heading for the thermostat!

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Is the heating on yet? 749 votes

Yes! I turned it on recently
23% 176 votes
No! But it will be on soon
6% 52 votes
Yes - I never turned it off in the summer
2% 22 votes
No - I'm holding out for as long as possible
65% 487 votes
We don't have any heating
1% 12 votes

Comments

• betterlatethannever
    Options
    I popped it on for one evening last week, but only because a family member was unwell, then only for a couple of hours.

I felt so guilty for doing it too as the heating doesn't normally go on till October, regardless of the weather.

I seem to be really feeling the cold at the mo, but i think thats because i'm constantly damp:mad:

I think i'll be digging out the jumpers and winter clothes this weekend and changing my bedding over to thicker, warmer stuff.
    The first time we said hello, was the first time we said goodbye. As the angels took your tiny hand and flew you to the sky-you forever left us breathless. RIP my beautiful granddaughter :(
  • immoral_angeluk
    Options
    I was thinking about this early... I'm clinging on to dear life and not turning it on.. lol!
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • wheretheresawill
    Options
    I capped untill 2011 with scottish power a few months ago, so yes its on for maybe an hr if its very cold (or if mog is cold!!). I figure may as well use it now as in 2011 prob won't be able to afford heating!
  • immoral_angeluk
    Options
    I capped untill 2011 with scottish power a few months ago, so yes its on for maybe an hr if its very cold (or if mog is cold!!). I figure may as well use it now as in 2011 prob won't be able to afford heating!
    In my experience 'capped' with scottish power doesn't mean anything other than your cost per unit of gas and electricity is fixed.. Your direct debit can and will still change as they estimate your yearly usage and adjust your DD accordingly.
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • EmptyPockets
    Options
    I've also changed all the bedding to 'warmer' stuff, and added a few extra sheets, as the nights have been really chilly recently. The heating hasn't gone on yet... have been really good and reached for a jumper instead :T But I can see it won't be long before it goes on :rolleyes:
    "Your life is what your thoughts make it"

"If you can't bite, don't show your teeth!"
    :cry: R.i.P our beautiful girl Suki. We'll love and miss you forever :cry:
  • iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    Options
    In my experience 'capped' with scottish power doesn't mean anything other than your cost per unit of gas and electricity is fixed..

Well, yes! That's the point of capping. Of course they may adjust your payments as your use of gas and electricity will vary, but capped unit cost until 2011 is a great deal. I went for it in March and am so glad I did.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
  • sallyx
    sallyx Posts: 15,815 Forumite
    Options
    no no no and I won't be putting mine on until Nov this year. We will all have to put an extra jumper on and snuggle up under a blanket if necessary. Im am determined not to give Eon anymore than I have to this winter!
    I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change And breakaway. I'll take a risk, take a chance, make a change and breakaway ....
    Finally Debt Free...
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    I dont have central heating - only electric heaters. I have started wearing more layers and I have a fleecy blanket to snuggle under when watching tv. No need to put the electric blanket on yet either:j
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    We haven't got it on yet either, Mum says October at the earliest which is fair play really. I'm nicely snug under a cardie and fleece atm which i don't mind!
  • Bismarck
    Bismarck Posts: 2,598 Forumite
    Options
    Well...I'm holding on for as long as possible though the little Bismarcks will probably want it on sooner than I'd like.
    For what I've done...I start again...And whatever pain may come ...Today this ends... I'm forgiving what I've done -AF since June 2007
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure