Diamond Resorts-is it a scam?

Options

Comments

• mrbrightside842
    Options
    CHR15 wrote: »
    wow, another genuine poster praising the benefits of this scam.

Is it a scam? My inlaws pay monthly to Diamond and take their holidays through them, and they're really happy with it.
  • Out,_Vile_Jelly
    Options
    So does the holiday come with free fish n chips or not?
    They are an EYESORES!!!!
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The only problem with your fish and chip shop comparison is the customer walks into a fish and chip shop because they want to buy fish and chips and after weighing up which fish and chip shop they want to buy from.

People who "win" a "free" holiday are normally not aware they will be given a hard sale for time share. They are not walking into a shop to buy a product they have earlier decided they want and have weighed up the competition before decided to buy from Diamond Resorts.

If the product was so good (Like fish and chips) it would not need to lure potential customers to presentations with "free" holidays and would not need salesman to sell to them.
  • costapkt
    costapkt Posts: 428 Forumite
    Options
    Ha, I´ve just spotted a thing. The people with the probs spend loads of time on here hence the serious money saving expert ratings slandering all the products known to man.... How bloody pathetic. All the responses by people with points are here, cos they care about money, want to be good with money, but haven´t the time or experience (prob like one or two of the non-believers) to research and get involved with everything on the internet. Oh my God I can´t believe this you lot made me angry now!! Money experts, what a laugh, bet you never even SEEN a Diamond Resort. HAHA

Would not want to see a Diamond Resort. Go back under your stone, creep.
  • CHR15
    CHR15 Posts: 5,193 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    People go in with no intention of buying ANYTHING (it is a free holiday, thats all)

They come out with a bag of chips they weren't sure if they wanted or not.

The following year they HAVE to buy not only the Chips, but fish as well, even if they don't like fish or are not hungry so don't want to eat them

The following year, the chips, fish and curry

And so on and so on..........
  • costapkt
    costapkt Posts: 428 Forumite
    Options
    I think Timeshare has had its chips.
  • antenna
    antenna Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 27 October 2009 at 11:01AM
    Options
    When i fancy a bag of chips i dont have to put a £1000 deposit on the chip shop,and i dont have to buy my chips there every year regardless of how much they want to charge me....and i dont want to pay the chip-shop's rent and rates every year.......and if i want to buy some chips elsewhere i dont want to pay £125 every year to join the chip-swappers scheme like RCI...."retail chips institute".......i want to buy my chips when i fancy them and not order them 12 months in advance........so in short......all timeshare/points sellers are scumbag theives and all timeshare is theft........and dont get me on to the timeshare resale adverts on the tv......you will be conned out of your fee by lying thieves...
    Political?....I dont do Political....well,not much!
  • wk3d
    Options
    I´m an employee of DRI, one of the dreaded sales reps as we have been portrayed in here and no of course Charlie is not my real name.

I´m dumfounded. Genuinely. 16 pages of just a few people having had a bad experience of a company and a whole load of people who are actually members of DRI singing its praises. Judging by the tone and repeated revisiting I should suggest that the folks bringing disrepute to the company are themselves the ones feeling conned, and not the ones who make use of the points. Good points have been made by the offending persons, but their negativity is in regard to their own experiences with DRI for which of course I´m sure DRI could have helped. Afterall, it´s likely that it´s the customer expecting to move the goal posts in these occasions, not the company (AND, we do try to help when we have been made aware of an issue even when contractually we don´t have to, we do value our members and want to keep them). Name calling, which what this thread has degraded to is indicative of their own character more than the reputation of the company, afterall, how many members do we have??? And how many negative reports do we have??? I came across this site by accident, and feel personally saddened. I do not use a "hard sell" myself. I don´t need to. People expect a hard sell, they instead get all the advice they ASK for. Something eliquently put to me once regarding sales, a person feeling hungry walks into a fish n chip shop, sees the pictures on the wall, the smell of the fryer and buys take away fish n chips. He´s happy, got lots of really good food. Proprieter made some cash, so he´s happy, but he didn´t actually ´sell´ anything. What us sales reps do is, when someone walks in of their own free will, to look at buying our fish n chips, we present the fish n chips, we demonstrate the fish n chips by itself, with curry, with peas, with gravy, we explain the price, and the responsibilties on both parts, the customer´s to pay into the agreement, ours to spend tremendous sums of money each year upgrading our resorts so they´re ALWAYS and without a doubt THE VERY BEST that we can offer along with the staff and many other features of the Diamond Resorts resorts, so that the customer is more than satisfied with the holiday. The customer very often walks out with fish n chips, maybe even fish n chips with curry sauce, but every year during the many holidays in fabulous accomodation, they eat the things and love them, then they go home and start getting excited about the next time they can have fish n chips (or maybe a kebab this time?? Or sausage n chips, or a salad, or Pizza, or Fajitas, or Curry... It´s all available out our fish n chip shop). Never having to worry about, will my balcony overlook a waste disposal site?? NO OF COURSE IT WON¨T. Will the staff be rude or unattentive. NO OF COURSE THEY WON¨T. Will the paint be peeling? Will the pool be clean and warm? If the boiler breaks, will it be repaired instantly, and is the boiler so good in the first place it´s less likely to break at our resorts than most other places?? YES!!!
    Some people as they do outside the metaphor, will buy the fish n chips knowing they´re allergic to fish, or at least suspecting they might be. Guaranteed holidays, aren´t for everyone. If you don´t want the security, the kudos of having spare points to gift to children, or family. If you don´t want to just ¨know¨ how good your vacation will be then don´t buy the package. No one holds a pen in your hand and says hand over your cash or else. Or else what?? I would not recommend a single person who can only vacate during peak periods hand over a few thousand pounds to any organisation like ours, if you can eat only at 5am, don't buy fish n chips. You can't get them fresh at that time and they won't re-heat very well. You know, it's not brain surgery. People are expected to know what's right for them.

Don´t know what else to say.

Bit sad really that I found this. Glad I know how some people feel, it has enlightened me somewhat, and it feels good to see both sides of the fence. On the other hand. I know the holidays are sooooo good, I just won´t be swung into not believing in them. I did once work for a call centre in the UK and I had to tell people why their phone line wasn´t working. It broke my heart that I couldn´t do more for them due to beaurocracy and it made we want to leave the company, the company was not behaving how I would given free choice. That´s a crucial thing for me, and I LOVE working for Diamond Resorts International. We offer such a good product, I´d buy it if I could afford to.

I look forward to reading your replies.

I work in a call centre for DRI inviting people to the PLR in Carnforth and i have been reading these forums for too long and not saying anything, knowing the standerd that DRI operate too and knowing the in's and out's of all the promotions i am very proud to say that i work for the company, and i think its great how open they are with the people they promote too, i cant see why people dont snap their hand off for these promotions as there is litteraly no obligation what so ever people always complain that companys charge too much for tasters and things like that but when a comapny genuinly comes up with a succesfull and cost effective form of adverstisement for both customer and the company its self people cant accept it. It just makes me laugh that no one can accept that if something sounds good then its not always too good too be true it just might be a genuinly good deal.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 29 October 2009 at 8:22AM
    Options
    wk3d wrote: »
    I work in a call centre for DRI inviting people to the PLR in Carnforth and i have been reading these forums for too long and not saying anything, knowing the standerd that DRI operate too and knowing the in's and out's of all the promotions i am very proud to say that i work for the company, and i think its great how open they are with the people they promote too, i cant see why people dont snap their hand off for these promotions as there is litteraly no obligation what so ever people always complain that companys charge too much for tasters and things like that but when a comapny genuinly comes up with a succesfull and cost effective form of adverstisement for both customer and the company its self people cant accept it. It just makes me laugh that no one can accept that if something sounds good then its not always too good too be true it just might be a genuinly good deal.

I see yet another semi-illiterate post from an employee of this scam company. Do they only employ people who fail English and grammar tests?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • CharlieChap1979
    Options
    Trisontana you should, being a person of language appreciation, appreciate that the medium we use here, is just a means of getting one´s point across. It is not clear if you understood what we are trying to convey, however, it should be noted that you seem to choose to respond to threads in which you can make a point not about the content but about the accuracy of the message within the thread, e.g:

Originally Posted by pcombo
    this site is actually good, as u can get everything free of charge if you know how lol.

And £2 lol come on what do you expect.

Can we have that in English please?

WHAT exactly is the point in that? I understand it, you must have too. Why make your whole reply the fact that it isn´t the Queen´s English being used.

Also, Poor Melanie, can´t even spell her name eh?? Obviously either a typo, or her free will to spell her name how she chooses.

Please keep your messages to the thread, oh, and FYI:

"I see yet another semi-illiterate post from an employee of this scam company. Do they only employ people who fail English and grammar tests?"

No, we also talk to them, sell to them, buy from them, pass the time of day with them, I have a couple as friends and just because they didn´t pass any tests doesn´t mean they´re lesser people, in fact, i think my mates are the sort of people who would jump in front of a bus to save an old person quicker and with less thought for their own selfish endevours than a lot of people, so I don´t think failing an English test counts for that much. Especially with today´s standard of education. Passing one doesn´t either.

Anyway my point here is, seeing as you´re so uptight about grammer, no, we don´t only employ them. I´m sure you understand what I´m saying.

Thank you for your worthwhile addition to this thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure