Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    thorsoak wrote: »
    Mooloo - you should weigh up the pros and cons of going away for half-term - what you would have to pay in terms of holiday club for dgd and what you would earn in the shop against the re-charging of batteries and putting a final closure date on The Past (!) There would also be the stress of organising cover in the shop/the rushing around before and after the break. But would it be worth it? Could well be so.

I agree with this.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,842 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In my opinion a week away will not put a closure on the past. That comes with time, understanding and new life and that does not happen in a week.

I am not sure that this relationship has run its course yet either, these break ups seem to happen and then almost as if there is nothing better around the corner it restarts. BF as well as Moo has a lot going on in his life at the moment.

Sometimes we have to face life and not run from it, when we run we have to come back and deal with it again.
  • beanielou
    Options
    ognum wrote: »
    In my opinion a week away will not put a closure on the past. That comes with time, understanding and new life and that does not happen in a week.

I am not sure that this relationship has run its course yet either, these break ups seem to happen and then almost as if there is nothing better around the corner it restarts. BF as well as Moo has a lot going on in his life at the moment.

Sometimes we have to face life and not run from it, when we run we have to come back and deal with it again.

This is true but I also think Mooloo is in need of a break.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,842 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    This is true but I also think Mooloo is in need of a break.

I understand that and am only putting my opinion which people can disregard.

One of the reasons she needs a break I said because she is financially stressed, this won!!!8217;t be eased by a trip away.

Another reason is because she has too much work, this won!!!8217;t go away if she goes away for a week.

Another is because her emotions are upside down, this is often exacerbated by running away Andi not dealing with the situation that exists.

There are not many people in this country that could not !!!8216;do with a break!!!8217; But as adults we have to face what is going on in our lives and not spend money on running away from them.

I know I sound harsh, it!!!8217;s just my opinion, you have more of a motherly soothing way, I am afraid sometimes I feel we all have to just get on and deal with things. That I should also what Mooloo would say to her kids too.
  • beanielou
    Options
    You are right.
    I could do with a wee holiday too.
    Havent been away in 3 years :eek: :sad:

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I won't be running away.
    Too late for that.
    I have always been honest here, but this is the hardest thing to say, Today the bottom fell out of my world when finally my son and his GF have been arrested for child neglect. The boy got out on the street, and my son was asleep on the sofa, and her upstairs. I don't think it was just sleeping. I think he was out of his tree on drugs.
    I have been dealing with it since 3.30 when I got the call to get there. The boys are now safe at Biggests. What an ordeal.
    Thankfully because of our background checks over Guardianship is DGD Social we're happy for the children to come to us, but it was decided that Biggest was better equipped then me to have them.
    I am ashamed and embarrassed to say DS is my Son.
    I thought about not writing this as some people know who I am now, but then it would not be telling the truth if I didn't.
    I don't expect platitudes, or incriminating comments about DS. There is nothing anyone can say to change the facts, or to ease my mind.
    Life sucks
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 May 2018 at 9:00PM
    Options
    Mooloo - it is said that you have to reach the bottom before you can rise. I am so sorry to read this - but, like you, I am not surprised. It is so sad :-( DS and GF will never, ever be able to look after these children - and neither will you :-( You are 9 years older than when you took over DGG and Biggest has her own family - and they have to take precedence over these two other two children. I know you have said that you cannot allow any more children to go out of the family - but what choice do you have? None. Physically you are NOT capable of looking after another two babies - who may or may not have feotal alcohol problems - and neither can Biggest - her priorities must lie with her own children.

You have to admit defeat sometime, my dear - and this time is now :-(

Let these two babies have a better chance. Let them go with love xxx
  • beanielou
    Options
    I am so so very sorry to read this.
    I have no words of wisdom to offer.

• Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    How tragic, I commend your honesty Mooloo.
    God knows you have tried so hard to help them but it is beyond you now.x
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • sarahevie1
    sarahevie1 Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Such a shame but you really cannot blame yourself, it's out of your hands now, and I hope a solution is found. :(
    HOME
    Original mortgage free date Nov 2037
    Mortgage free August 2018

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    Teacher pension - DB scheme
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories