TalkTalk hacked?

Options
so_very_confused
so_very_confused Posts: 1,081 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
edited 18 July 2019 at 12:27PM in Broadband & internet access
Anyone else without email for the next five days?
Seems my email blocked for suspicious activity however not only myself affected???
No notice, just no access. :mad:
MUST change provider as soon as possible.

Anyone have CEO name address, phone number?
Thanks
SCP # 034
The £1000 emergency fund #59

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
  • Exemplar
    Exemplar Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Love these threads, 'something is wrong', 'I must have the CEO email' etc etc.

The whole world is falling apart, dead rising from the grave, cats and dogs marrying etc.
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.

I have opinions, you have opinions. All of our opinions are valid whether they are based on fact or feeling. Respect other peoples opinions, stop forcing your opinions on other people and the world will be a happier place.
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,964 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone have CEO name address, phone number?
    You think the CEO will take your call?
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • so_very_confused
    Options
    You think the CEO will take your call?

No, however last time I had major issues with TT, no bb, tv, phone for 7 months, it got someones attention.
    Yes I am overreacting, think I have just had enough of their shoddy service and need to do something about.:)
    SCP # 034
  • Exemplar
    Options
    No, however last time I had major issues with TT, no bb, tv, phone for 7 months, it got someones attention.
    Yes I am overreacting, think I have just had enough of their shoddy service and need to do something about.:)

Don't use their email service. Simples. And don't get spoofed/ 'hacked'. If your email is so important get a Google Suite account (you do have to pay for it).

I have opinions, you have opinions. All of our opinions are valid whether they are based on fact or feeling. Respect other peoples opinions, stop forcing your opinions on other people and the world will be a happier place.
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi

We haven't been hacked.

If you're having issues with your email service we would advise contacting us directly so that we can help you with this. Our contact details can be found on our website.

Thanks

Vicky - TalkTalk Social Team.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • IdeasVacuum
    IdeasVacuum Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    TalkTalk have owned up to being hacked in the past, one reason why your email account should be independent of your supplier. You can have as many gmail accounts as you need, completely free, and if you wish you can manage them on your PC with Mozilla Thunderbird.
  • so_very_confused
    Options
    TalkTalk wrote: »
    Hi

We haven't been hacked.

If you're having issues with your email service we would advise contacting us directly so that we can help you with this. Our contact details can be found on our website.

Thanks

Vicky - TalkTalk Social Team.

A question Vicky, how would you know?
    I have spoken to several TT reps who knew nothing. Kept getting fobbed off. I have all the contact details I need for TT except of course email. I wish this problem could be solved by your pat response. Thank uou
    SCP # 034
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    Options
    Could well be your PC that has been hacked and sending out multiple spam emails .
    Hence suspicious activity .
  • Exemplar
    Options
    A question Vicky, how would you know?
    I have spoken to several TT reps who knew nothing. Kept getting fobbed off. I have all the contact details I need for TT except of course email. I wish this problem could be solved by your pat response. Thank uou

Good grief - let it go !!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure