PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• angelnikki
    angelnikki Posts: 892 Forumite
    Options
    SAV3R wrote: »
    Some of you manage to actually post your pics in the post rather than a link, can anyone explain how, please?

to post a picture instead of the link you need to click on this button: 2646549613_4693294634_o.jpg and paste the pic's URL in the box that pops up ;) HTH

Nikki
    x
    :A
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm going to try this this month. :o I have no choice, I'm over spending by a hell of alot and need to get a grip on it!

So far this month I've spent £138 on a home delivery from Asda BUT that included soap powder (x 3), toiletrolls (£8 Asda own) to last until Xmas and filled all my cupboards, freezer and fridge and I've even had to stash things like milk (I buy SP UHT ;) ) and other stuff that won't "go off" in the livingroom as I ran out of cupboard space :eek::rotfl: But then I went to Aldi and spent cash, and I spent about £45 in Asda on Friday mainly on gift stuff but that includes £30 cash back, £20 of which was for a gift. :o I need to get it RIGHT down as in theory I only have £57cash left this month! :eek:

Aiming for £5-10 a week MAXIMUM until the 1st of August for all fruit & anything we run out of (highly unlikely!) so in theory thats do-able. I have to do this ....:o
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • Sosh
    Sosh Posts: 175 Forumite
    Options
    3rd nsd in a row, hopefully, I can stay out of the shops until at least wednesday.

I'm determined to enjoy my last 2 weeks of "freedom" before my maternity leave finishes. So while ds had his afternoon nap, dd and I spent couple of hours danincing and splashing about in the garden. She loved it.
    Thanks to all the lovely people on here I have managed to cut my hours down to 2 days a week, allowing me to spend more time with my gorgeous Children. :j
  • jediteacher
    jediteacher Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    Options
    Floxxie wrote: »
    Thank you for the warm welcome everybody!

I really need to get myself organised on the budget side. Have just realised that my children break up for school on Friday and I would normally get the teacher a small present but I only have £3.09 to last until next week!

I thought I would also share a recipe I found in a Rosemary Conley book so low fat - v. good. I have adapted it...

you need:
    potatoes
    onion
    vegetable stock.

Slice the potatoes and onion thinly (I keep the skin on the potatoes). Put a layer of potato and then onion and then potato in a dish (I use a lasagne dish). Cover with vegetable stock (make it to your preference) and pop into the oven at 200C, 400F until cooked (I give it between 40 mins and 1 hour)

I serve with sausages and veg,
    HTH.

Floxxie

Hi, I hope you don't mind me butting in. I'm a primary school teacher and I have to say that we don't expect gifts but if we are lucky to get any the best gifts are the ones that the children make for you. The best end of year gift I've even been given is a handmade card with a poem about my teaching in it. It's pinned up above my desk and it still brings tears to my eyes when I read it. :grin:
    'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.' :cool:
    Proud Mummy to two gorgeous miracles.:j
  • SAV3R
    SAV3R Posts: 222 Forumite
    Options
    3370FWUoxj8z6jwJqkIkTT5t8cC3BwA9XHSqv4xQp5Fd3Ig=_l.jpg

Just practisin, don't think I'm very good at this, can I shrink my pic or is it the way the camera was set that's the problem?????
  • angelnikki
    angelnikki Posts: 892 Forumite
    Options
    sav3r you need to have a look around on the site where the image is hosted to see if there are any sizing options. I use flickr and they let you choose small/ medium /large /thumbnail /square
    :A
  • Hollysan
    Hollysan Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Just popping in to say that I AM joining in on the July challenge, I just hadn't got around to posting - such a busy week.

ANGELNIKKI PLEASE PUT ME DOWN FOR £350

Ambitious, as this is a four and a half week month. total so far includes £77.01 spent on monthly online shop with Tesco, and this month will include a wholefood wholesale order, which will be around £60-70.

Good luck to all.

Hollysan
    MFiT-T4 #63
    Mortgage £78,000/£67,690.73
  • KAAT_LADY
    KAAT_LADY Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    HELLO ALL

Sav3r they look nice ,,,,,enjoy

had an NSD today ,, nearly broke my leg ,,, and made sally lunns ,,,,,, also made twinks hobnobs,,

i am off to bed now hope tomorrow will be a better day

take care all

KAAT
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• savingfortravel
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Gillaman -Your veg etc.. sound lovely. how satisfying that you're harvesting your own food. Well done for the meal planning too... I find it really helps.

Orkneystar..Don't worry, I wouldn't have resisted for long either.

Floxxie-I totally agree with Jediteacher. I actually find appreciative words in a card my biggest present. One of my favourite presents was a notepad (pick up cheap from a supermarket) with a photo of the lad in my class on the front. I loved using it and when I finished, I put the photo on my class wall as a keep sake... I also love mugs (maybe with a few sweets inside). What about homemade muffins or twinks hobnobs... ????

Went to Mr T-Picked up a few bits for our holiday in the New Forest. Can't wait...
    Got a few whoopsies, including brussel sprouts reduced to 15p from 1.49 and there is only about 11 in each bag!!

Keep up the good work everyone!!!

SFT
    :cool: Frugal Living 2010 member MFW by 2014 Was 88,000 now £46,877.90 Grocery Budget for Dec-April=£173.72/£244 (Groc Budget 2010 from Ebay/Voucher savings/Quidco -If we can do it will save our £980 GC budget) Now living the dream -in our tiny country cottage-all thanks to MS forums. x 39 2 go
    Stockpile Savings: £89.72 Voucher savings £8
  • michelle06
    Options
    oh my golly how fantastic is this
    what do i have to do to be a part of this?
    i think i have to ask angelnikki to add me to her list
    i hope to just spend 240 this month, any suggestins from any one would really help , not quite used to this site yet - hence i keep getting lost:j how do i keep updated? thanks michelle
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure