What washing machine has the longest warranty

Options
I'm after fetting a washine machine fitted and want to get one with the longest warranty for parts and labour, I presume bosch and miele are up there but any else?

All1

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    A warranty is nice, but for me, I'd rather it didn't break in the first place, so there's one on your list I'd go for rather than the other!
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Grundig come with 5 years and are sensible prices.

(they are Beko under the styling)

here is AO list for 10 and 5y
  • RelievedSheff
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    A warranty is nice, but for me, I'd rather it didn't break in the first place, so there's one on your list I'd go for rather than the other!

Same here.

We will never have Bosch appliances again!
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Strangely, my Miele KFN28133D Fridge Freezer did not last long after the two year warranty expired.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • ashe
    ashe Posts: 1,555 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    We got an LG washing machine last year which came with a 2 year warranty but an offer at the time to extend to 5 years.

So keep an eye out for offers 🤷🏼!♂️
  • spo2
    spo2 Posts: 245 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Samsung is offering an extended 5 year guarantee at the minute
  • Rusty_Shackleton
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »

I think you're missing the point about manufacturer warranties, and I say this as someone who works in manufacturing:

A warranty period is a good indication of how long a manufacturer expects a majority of the most expensive components in it's product to last.

A warranty is great and virtually free marketing for a manufacturer, provided most of the components out there don't fail within the warranty period

Think about it, if I offer a 5 year warranty but the most expensive component fails in half of cases within the 5 years, it costs me a fortune to honour the warranty. Whereas if I expect 90% to last the 5 years, it's cost me very little much to offer that warranty.

So, if you want things that won't break in the first place, go for the longest warranty possible, because the fact that it's offered means it probably won't be needed.
  • Davesnave
    Options
    I think you're missing the point about manufacturer warranties
    So, if you want things that won't break in the first place, go for the longest warranty possible, because the fact that it's offered means it probably won't be needed.
    And of the two brands mentioned in the OP, (I know Bosch is actually more than one brand) which one has the longest warranty?

As an owner of a Miele which had a 10 year warranty and has now gone almost double that without issue, I don't think I missed the point at all, but feel free to interpret my posts in whatever way you like. :)
  • Davesnave
    Options
    missile wrote: »
    Strangely, my Miele KFN28133D Fridge Freezer did not last long after the two year warranty expired.
    Not all manufacturers are equally good producing all types of white goods. They may get a name for excellence in one area and yet prove only adequate in another.
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We will never have Bosch appliances again!
    Depends how much you want to pay, we have a tumble dryer over twenty years old, washing machine fifteen years old, on our second dishwasher eleven years old first one lasting well into double figures all Bosch, all used regularly and only problem was having to replace the belt in the washing machine a couple of years ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure