What washing machine has the longest warranty

Options

Comments

• ic
    ic Posts: 3,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I personally went for an LG washer dryer recently (with five year warranty), a few months in and very happy with it. That said I was happy with the AEG before it, which failed within two years. It subsequently failed again a year out of its five year warranty.

Lots of mentions for Bosch above - if you decide to go that way, you can extend their warranty direct with them, just topping up the two year warranty you already get to five - just punch the model number in on their warranty site: https://www.bosch-home.co.uk/customer-service/cew#/Togglebox=i1/. They'll probably be cheaper than buying a similar length warranty direct with a store.
  • Alloneword
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's input, I was thinking along the same lines as Rusty, going for long warranty means the manf is confident in the product and back that up with the long warranty.
    I have signed up to Which! to see what they say about it as for how much we would spend well a max of £1,000 but for that i expect A+++ not to mention a min of 5 year warranty, oh and making the damm tea would be handy as well, were not after anything special, just something solid, cheap to run and hassle free for as long as poss.

All1
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Alloneword wrote: »
    …. were not after anything special, just something solid, cheap to run and hassle free for as long as poss.All1
    I think we would all like that :T
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's input, I was thinking along the same lines as Rusty, going for long warranty means the manf is confident in the product and back that up with the long warranty.
    I have signed up to Which! to see what they say about it as for how much we would spend well a max of £1,000 but for that i expect A+++ not to mention a min of 5 year warranty, oh and making the damm tea would be handy as well, were not after anything special, just something solid, cheap to run and hassle free for as long as poss.

All1

Those ratings are done on 2 programs that many don't use because they take a long time often over 3 hours.

Check the performance on programs you will use.

Also the spin performance(not speed) should be checked if you will be drying inside or using a dryer, you can save more by having a machine that is better rated in this area.

have a read of the regulation so you are making a more informed choice.

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:02010R1061-20170307
  • Ebe_Scrooge
    Options
    cajef wrote: »
    Depends how much you want to pay, we have a tumble dryer over twenty years old, washing machine fifteen years old, on our second dishwasher eleven years old first one lasting well into double figures all Bosch, all used regularly and only problem was having to replace the belt in the washing machine a couple of years ago.

I was going to post something similar. We've had our Bosch washing machine for about 15 years now, never had a single problem with it. And with a family of 5, it gets a lot of use. I can't remember how much we paid, I do know it was quite a bit more than a lot of others - though nowhere near as much as a Miele. But it's been money well spent in my opinion.
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think you're missing the point about manufacturer warranties, and I say this as someone who works in manufacturing:

A warranty period is a good indication of how long a manufacturer expects a majority of the most expensive components in it's product to last.

A warranty is great and virtually free marketing for a manufacturer, provided most of the components out there don't fail within the warranty period

Think about it, if I offer a 5 year warranty but the most expensive component fails in half of cases within the 5 years, it costs me a fortune to honour the warranty. Whereas if I expect 90% to last the 5 years, it's cost me very little much to offer that warranty.

So, if you want things that won't break in the first place, go for the longest warranty possible, because the fact that it's offered means it probably won't be needed.

That's why Kia offered 7 year warranties on their cars when they came to the UK. They were the most reliable cars on the market. ;)

Meanwhile my Mazdas with their piddling 3 year warranties have suffered one failure between them in 10 years and 260k miles.
  • Debran
    Debran Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Most reliable washing machine brands, according to "Which?"

Score: 90% - Neff
    Score: 87% - Miele, Siemens
    Score: 84% - John Lewis, LG
    Score: 81% - Bosch, Zanussi

I have a Zanussi washer-dryer that is now 17 years old and is still going strong, It was a "best buy" when I got it in 2002 and has had one repair to the pump in 2014 at a cost of £60.

Of course, we can buy an appliance and have problems with it. If we didn't, then all the scores would be 100%.
  • sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,922 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Debran wrote: »
    Most reliable washing machine brands, according to "Which?"

Score: 90% - Neff
    Score: 87% - Miele, Siemens
    Score: 84% - John Lewis, LG
    Score: 81% - Bosch, Zanussi

I have been thinking about a Indesit BWD71453 from JL, £150 with a 2 year guarantee, other outlets have it as a 1 year guarantee, with 10 year parts only gaurantee.
    I would think the major cost in a repair is the labour cost. So are those guarantees any good?

Just looking for a cheap A++ washer with more than 1 year warranty.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options

All1

Which isn't going to be much help in making your choice. Their reviews don't mention warranty length, and they must have splinters up their backsides from sitting on the fence with 99 Best Buys!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    sevenhills wrote: »
    I have been thinking about a Indesit BWD71453 from JL, £150 with a 2 year guarantee, other outlets have it as a 1 year guarantee, with 10 year parts only gaurantee.
    I would think the major cost in a repair is the labour cost. So are those guarantees any good?

Just looking for a cheap A++ washer with more than 1 year warranty.

A parts only guarantee is meaningless, the labour charge is covering the cost of the parts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure