Onwards and downwards...

Options

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just had an annual statement from one of my debts and had to make a small overpayment to get rid of the odd 86p! :rotfl: I prefer to have whole numbers. I thought I'd done that for them all but obviously not. I'll have to check the others :D

I've received £3 paypal from a survey site.

I've been trying to sort out the kids toys. Failed miserably. We've just got nowhere to put it so it's all stacked everywhere. It's driving me crazy and they can't play with them properly.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    edited 8 June 2017 at 12:36PM
    Options
    So my end of month update:

Total debt: [STRIKE]£34,557[/STRIKE]/£33,933 = 1.81% paid
    Savings target: [STRIKE]£19,320[/STRIKE]/£45 = 0.23% reached

Slowly but surely...
  • jwil
    Options
    It's annoying me that I'm not really paying anything off or managing to save anything. However at least I'm managing to live and pay the basics which is a huge progress from how it has been.

I must not take my focus off getting stuff on ebay just because I've paid the main bills. It's just as important for me to get some savings sorted!

I must say though it's been such a nice feeling knowing the bills are paid. I'm still skint, but everything is up to date and that's one big stress gone.
  • retiredandskint
    retiredandskint Posts: 845 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 25 May 2017 at 10:52AM
    Options
    Don't despair. If you're 'holding your head above water' you're doing well. If you keep focussing on the negatives it'll just wear you down. You have so much going for you and slowly you will make inroads into the debt and savings.

There is another thread where the poster lists three things to be grateful for each day.

Your list today

Mr jwil and the little jwils :T
    You have a roof over your head and food on the table :T
    You have plenty of stuff to sell. :rotfl::rotfl:

My list may be simple but you can build on it.

Lecture over :)
  • jwil
    Options
    Don't despair. If you're 'holding your head above water' you're doing well. If you keep focussing on the negatives it'll just wear you down. You have so much going for you and slowly you will make inroads into the debt and savings.

There is another thread where the poster lists three things to be grateful for each day.

Your list today

Mr jwil and the little jwils :T
    You have a roof over your head and food on the table :T
    You have plenty of stuff to sell. :rotfl::rotfl:

My list may be simple but you can build on it.

Lecture over :)

Haha thanks retired :D I'm not sure whether having loads of stuff to sell is a blessing or a curse but you are right as always :D
  • retiredandskint
    Options
    I don't know about being right but having gone through it all and come it the other end probably gives me a different perspective now.
  • jwil
    Options
    Hello everyone, haven't posted for a while!

I think I'm really run down at the moment, constant coughs and colds. I went to the docs and got checked and all is fine which is good, but it doesn't help when you feel awful!

Anyway for the first time in ages, things are looking ok financially here this month. :T I have paid all the bills, put a little into savings and made some small overpayments :T I've now got two savings accounts on the go - one for 'proper' savings which is the one I'm recording on here, and one for 'useable' savings which I can dip into when I'm a bit short. I decided to do that as I'll just get fed up if my savings are going up and down.

It's MOT next month so I'll probably need to dip into it then. At least I should also have some savings which are for true emergencies/f&f on the debts and are growing.

I've still had some sales but ebay is being a bit quiet for me at the moment which is disappointing. I sorted out a big batch of stuff and prepped it for listing so I can put it on as and when. I think I'm starting to get towards the end of my stuff :eek: though I'll probably find some more as the house gets emptier. I just have to try and encourage DH to catch up as he's slowed down a lot recently due to having a lot of agency work (which is a good thing!).

Off to school tonight for introduction evening. When did my little jwil get so big? Little miss is 18 months now too, the baby years are over! She's really coming along now too, it's lovely seeing them develop.
  • jwil
    edited 8 June 2017 at 12:01PM
    Options
    Decluttering:
    Books: 317
    Magazines/papers: 38
    Ebay parcels: 939
    Other: 188

Total: 1482

Ebay listings: 1082

Survey/other earnings:
    Amazon: £98.35
    Paypal/cash: £80.78
    Other vouchers:
  • jwil
    Options
    Declutter:

185. 3 x lego tubs
    186. pair trainers
    187. underwear
    188. broken cutlery
  • jwil
    Options
    I say I'm running out of my stuff to declutter but in reality what I mean is I'm running out of the good stuff to ebay. So now I must focus on the annoying little bits that are no good to anyone, but are just hanging around. That should bump up my declutter list somewhat! I'm also going to have to resign myself to putting stuff in the bin if there's nothing else to do with it. That's something I find hard, but there's no point in treating my house like a landfill site for things I can't rehome!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport