174. Pen
    175. 12 x pieces contiboard
    176. Paperwork
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,141 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Something else I've done recently is googled myself. There's a senior job going in my workplace and they were googling the candidates. So I decided to see what was out there about me :D

Thankfully not a lot. I keep my social media pretty locked down, so a few tweaks mean that I'm not too visible again. I do pop up quite a bit in relation to work, but there's nothing I can do about that.

It's definitely worth doing!
  • retiredandskint
    Options
    Your DMP sounds like a 'cunning plan's ��. . I don't know anything about tax or child credits but seems sensible to wait until you've got all the figures before you submit it. I know you want to get the debt down but don't be too very ambitious on what you plan to pay you, Mr jwil and the little jwils have a life to live now.

Good luck with the job application and fingers crossed Mr jwil gets a permanent job soon.

Mr Retired had a nasty fall and has broken his nose. His face looks like he's gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Keep plodding away jwil..well done on the decluttering
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • jwil
    Options
    Your DMP sounds like a 'cunning plan's ��. . I don't know anything about tax or child credits but seems sensible to wait until you've got all the figures before you submit it. I know you want to get the debt down but don't be too very ambitious on what you plan to pay you, Mr jwil and the little jwils have a life to live now.

Good luck with the job application and fingers crossed Mr jwil gets a permanent job soon.

Mr Retired had a nasty fall and has broken his nose. His face looks like he's gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.

Thanks retired :) Ouchie to Mr Retired, hope he's ok!

I've been much more generous in my budget now than I was with SC. I was so worried back then, but doing loads of reading on here has taught me to ease up a lot.

I've only received tax credits in the last year, as my income was low due to maternity leave. Now I'm back at work, I'm not sure we'll still get them, but obviously DH's income is low at the moment, and our childcare bill is huge so I'm hoping they'll let us have something for now.
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    Keep plodding away jwil..well done on the decluttering

Thanks Brizzle :)
  • jwil
    Options
    Another weekend has gone. Little jwil wanted to go to the beach on Saturday so we chucked a few bits in the boot, and popped to the beach in the morning, and then did the car boot in the afternoon. Not a huge amount gone, but it all helps!

Another pile of ebay sales gone today. A couple more have trickled in today as well so that's good.

I don't feel like I'm achieving much at the moment but I'll keep plodding.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Just plodding is still achieving! You do amazing never forget x

Well done on the sales too every penny counts ;)
  • jwil
    Options
    Thanks HI :)

Some more parcels posted today. DH yesterday prepped me a load of listings so I might try and get them on. I do need to do a blitz with some housework though too, so shall see how I get on.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Glad its going well. Miserable weather here..glad you got to the beach when you did!!
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    Hi Jwill, nice to see that your keeping on with the ebay and decluttering. I have been absent from mse but I am back now. It feels like an endless journey but I'm pretty sure il get there in the end lol x
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure