PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Islandmaid wrote: »
    My lovely Hubby also presented me with tickets for a weekend in France this weekend for Valentines, its a poshish booze cruise but how lucky am I x
    Very, very lucky, Islandmaid.
    Can you send him over here to give the OH some tips, please. :D
    (although we are going to Bali for 3 weeks for my significant birthday later this year - but that was my idea)

Really enjoyed reading about your lesson.

Tonight is a fairly basic tomato-based pasta dish as I have some mushrooms and red & green peppers to use up.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I am making a cabbage soup for lunch then from my Gusto order I will make the Smoky Fish Cakes, Greens & Curried Mayo. Just half of fish cakes as only me. Others will go back into freezer after cooking, greens etc back into fridge for a few days. I made the Sicilian chicken Wednesday and it was excellent, something I would never have tried.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks guys...

I must say there are some lovely sounding meals being done, I am making notes and pinching ideas all over :D

Running round like a loon today, getting the house straight before we leave at 6 this evening, we won’t be eating till 9 pm ish, so will have a bowl of HM lentil and bacon soup for late lunch.

Hoping for Mussels in cider tomorrow lunch time maybe with a few oysters to start, and Kir to drink.

Off to the hyper market in the morning to stock up on booze and food, taking a few freezer boxes for storage - Hubbies Birthday in a few weeks so we are having a bbq party - lists are being made ;)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh what a difference a good night's sleep makes to outlook eh?

Lunch today will be home made goulasch soup and supper this evening will be a new to me Roast Cauliflower Cheese from a Riverford Veg book I picked up in a charity shop served with new potatoes and steamed carrots, beans and wilted spinach. Blueberries and plain skyr for pud and a cup of black coffee to finish with.
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Tonight's dinner will be belly pork slices, slow roasted in bbq sauce, with roasted veg and either couscous or rice, not sure which yet.

No cooking for me then till Monday as tomorrow we are going away for the weekend to Manchester to see family.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    whmf00001 wrote: »
    I am making a cabbage soup for lunch then from my Gusto order I will make the Smoky Fish Cakes, Greens & Curried Mayo. Just half of fish cakes as only me. Others will go back into freezer after cooking, greens etc back into fridge for a few days. I made the Sicilian chicken Wednesday and it was excellent, something I would never have tried.
    This sounds very interesting.
    Would you mind sharing the recipe or posting a link or giving the name of the book it came out of please. :)
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    HM fish pie, green beans & savoy cabbage
  • tighteningthebelt
    Options
    Dinner will be fish cakes made with sardines. With green peppers onions and tomatoes sauted with herbs and black pepper.
    Braised celery with bread and butter for lunch.
    A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
    You're welcome we can spare it, yellow socks
  • gt568
    gt568 Posts: 2,497 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Having sushi this evening!
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Cottage Pie. Made earlier in the week, portioned and frozen, so will just be popping it in the oven :)
    February wins: Theatre tickets
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure