PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

August 2019 Grocery Challenge

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• JennyJukes
    Options
    Came in at £78.71 which included lots of treats and lunch out (the latter of which usually goes into my entertainment budget but I was over!). I budget for £100 but aim for as little as possible. Used to spend around £160 and managed to cut it just by shopping at Aldi's and meal planning yet I have more in my cupboards and fridge/freezer! I put the underspending each week into my savings eg I spend £20 I save £5. Every little helps.
    Single woman doing it on my own... First house bought June 2021!
    Mortgage end date: 2041. Goal: Anything less!
    Mortgage currently paid off: 4%
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    A very rough guess at £200 spent over month on grocery, must do better.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • Not planning any spends today although gardener may have his bank details so will have to pay him for the last few visits. Got 2 jobs to do tomorrow so will have to spend , 1 for lunch, the other for tea but I will be re-imbursed for them plus a small payment. Wednesday is "take car into garage to see if brakes need doing" day so ?????? and I will have to pay cleaner. May even buy a bottle of milk !!!
  • taka
    taka Posts: 3,483 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well I managed to come in at £118.21 out of £155. :j The leftover money was split between an overpayment of my mortgage (£31) and adding a bit to my bulk buying fund (£5.79) so I can get a few more stocks in over the next few weeks / month.

Was kind of annoyed with myself - I'd hoped to top up the bulk fund a little bit more (to take it to a nice round £30) but I blew it by forgetting I'd bought something on the 29th and so thought I'd have enough left to get some ice cream as a treat on Saturday evening! :o :rotfl: Oh well! It is now £28 odd instead!
    Mortgage free as of 12/08/20!
    MFiT-5 no 45
    You can't fly with one foot on the ground!
  • Doom_and_Gloom
    Options
    We spent another £5.93 right before the end of August.

£217.22/£200.
    £17.22 over.

Not too bad. Within a 10% over budget which I call a win with all the bulk and expensive items. Hoping to come in budget for September but we have spent nearly half the budget for September already :o.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • Luciecat63
    Options
    Declaring for August a spend of £179.48..

I am going down to £175 for September.
    January 2021 Frugal Living limit £339.50, target £300
    Fashion on the Ration
    Declutter 2021 items in 2021.
  • dan958
    dan958 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Totally forgot to post my results!

I ended August spending £58.75/£80 :)
  • Had my online delivery yesterday but have already listed that. Going out for lunch today so will be around a tenner I think. Paid gardener and cleaner during week plus a little more as cleaners hubby did some DIT for me on top. All of this was expected.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure