PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Makes the usual Lucky Dip look half hearted!

What a fun way to move stock though...
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    What a fab idea, Miro.
    I love brooches so would keep those.
    Ditto the silver & turquoise necklace and the shell necklace.
    Would the broken items be any good to someone who makes their own jewellery? Worth donating to a charity shop on that basis?

Hope your friend had equal luck with her jar.

PS: pleased to be in the same company as you re 'articulated'/'reticulated'. ;)
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,907 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    What a fab idea, Miro.
    I love brooches so would keep those.
    Ditto the silver & turquoise necklace and the shell necklace.
    Would the broken items be any good to someone who makes their own jewellery? Worth donating to a charity shop on that basis?

Hope your friend had equal luck with her jar.

PS: pleased to be in the same company as you re 'articulated'/'reticulated'. ;)

You have just given me an idea!! I have a local Sue Ryder Vintage shop that also sells lots of arty/crafty things...I shall call in with all the stuff with missing stones/broken chains/single earrings/odd beads....might be useful for crafty people!

The star items in the other jar were a 'Pandora' stylee bracelet with lovely silver/blue beads, an old Swatch watch in nice condition and some diamonte hair slidey/ornament thingies. A fair bit of swopseying went on after everything had been inspected and researched :)
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    Mir! wrote: »
    Same here...I wondered why anyone would want a folding plate!!!! :rotfl:

I would! It would be perfect for my travels when I am on my own, so I stay in my hotel room with a picnic (i.e. whatever the local Asda or Morrisons has reduced that doesn't need cooking) for my tea. I am constantly trying to find ways to reduce the size of my backpack - a folding plate would be ideal :rotfl: . I already have collapsible bowls but the plate is a bit of a challenge.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Folding plate? Bizarrely amongst the ultralight camping community that is a holy grail hence the plastic origami - the orikaso gear
    So while I'm sound on Denby my exploring scouts also need plates they can play frisbee with & this does the job for keeping their food off their campsite, clothes and so forth (initially).

Or are these the folding bowls you've already bumped into?
  • Lucyjoanne
    Lucyjoanne Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I got a pair of kenzo men’s trousers yesterday (that I plan on reselling ��) reduced down to £1 at saint elizabeths hospice.

Tags still on, selling as part of TK Maxx’s gold label at £69.99.
  • Bogof_Babe
    Options
    Folding plate? Bizarrely amongst the ultralight camping community that is a holy grail hence the plastic origami - the orikaso gear
    So while I'm sound on Denby my exploring scouts also need plates they can play frisbee with & this does the job for keeping their food off their campsite, clothes and so forth (initially).

Or are these the folding bowls you've already bumped into?

Good heavens, I didn't know about those. Two sets ordered! :o :j

My collapsing bowls are the sort you push the middles down to make a bowl shape, they are about an inch deep when collapsed. Okay for cereal, although I have been known to use a hotel mug (not very successfully) for that.

• Bogof_Babe
    Options
    I’m in Wetherspoons Chorley... well it’s steak day so it would be rude not to! So far a pair of black Craghoppers cotton trousers for £2 in Age UK and a lovely china mug (made in Paris) for 50p in one of the Hospice shops.

Lovely town and it’s market day (unless they are out every day?), so pleased I read about it on here. Not spotted any Denbigh (Denby?) yet though:) .

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Being in the right place at the right time netted me 14 new items of babywear for those new Grandpickles who are arriving in the autumn some with the original labels still on for £4.50! I do my stint in the charity shop tomorrow and there are still two boxes to be sorted through and what I got this morning had in some Next and Jo-Jo Bebe Maman items in it.
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,907 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Had a bit of a splurge in the RSPCA shop in Otley today:o Came across a brand new Ted Baker orange leather handbag...think it might be one of those 'surplus stock' items that TB gives to charity shops. Anyhoo, soon as I saw I knew it would be perfect with the orange dress recently purchased. It's sorta 50's stylee, boxy with a detachable cross body strap. It has a big double bow on the front embellished with 'diamonds', Sounds dead classy dunnit....tee tee! (I think TB did a collection called 'the bow collection' a while ago). Now for the :eek: bit....paid £29.99 for it. Oh well, it sparks joy and I got a payment from some surveys today so it didn't cost any 'real' money:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure