The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes

Options

Comments

• Pippilongstocking
    Options
    OH my you lot do make me giggle.

Bendy parsnips, cones on heads and freddo's too.

Waves hello - lovely to read the chat on here - :) made me smile this am at a lovely service station having a free cuppa.

:)

Had a lovely walk round early early doors this am with a chum HG and her veg patch had me drooling - although most of talk classically was of what 'hadn't worked' despite the glorious garden we were in. GP dear heart you'd love it there - she's open to the public odd day here and there must put you in touch if you're ever oop north but south of the border IYSWIM. She's a real inspiration that lass. Even if I was in her garden before 7.30am slave driver that she is. Although I did get porridge beforehand.

Have a good one!
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    GP dear heart you'd love it there - she's open to the public odd day here and there must put you in touch if you're ever oop north but south of the border IYSWIM.

Dearest Pippi, there would only be a point to me being 'oop north, sooth of the border' if dearest chums, 'oop north, north of the border' were to say 'come see us' :D

No pressure, says Greying, hopping from one foot to t'other, clutching her fluffy unicorn........... :D:rotfl:

Well, there will not be tofu for tea :( It's been a funny auld day and my email inbox/outbox has been superdooper redhot. This is a great thing, and something for which I'm grateful, but it did mean that I forgot to press the tofu, and now I CBA'd.

I'm such a lightweight.

I didn't buy bananas but i did buy eggs. I also bought some toiletries, and got a bit carried away. Would you believe that at the till, I had the exact amount - £6.21 in my purse in change - what are the odds of that happening? And whilst yes, I did get carried away - it's all stuff that was required. i got it whilst I saw it.

I was watching a video clip yesterday on the bbc of an experiment they did with gender stereotyping in children's play. Today, I pondered where Baby Greying sat in all this, as they played quite happily with an (empty) egg box that I have given them......

Best shuffle orf and see about what can be cobbled for tea. BG has finally gone down for a little snoozette. They have been full of beans today :j which is a another good thing, for which I remain grateful.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £8/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,536 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Ah the joys of a child that has simple MSE taste - I'd gladly BG-sit if you were closer and sit them in my lap to watch the birdies at our feeder for hours on end!

You are a lucky mommy to have a child who loves a box!
    :D
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Dd, aged 9, still wants the empty egg boxes occasionally, to squish them flat to make currant buns for her dolls.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    I'd gladly BG-sit if you were closer and sit them in my lap to watch the birdies at our feeder for hours on end!

Ha ha - my dear rtandon, we will get the fastest, boat, train, plane or bicycle and come see ya :D I just hope that you're not too disappointed when BG stays on your lap for..... mmm, a nano-second? The days of a squirmless BG are well and truly over :( When I think back to the days of posting on here, or writing e-mails with BG falling asleep on my arm.......... :D
    Dd, aged 9, still wants the empty egg boxes occasionally, to squish them flat to make currant buns for her dolls.

Send DD round - we've a load of currant buns......... :D

Well, here we are again.

Tea this evening ended up being a 'made up' courgette pilaf, with runner beans, a one egg omlette and some HM tomato sauce. No pic I'm afraid, as yet again, the light had gone :( i'm also not sure whether I'll carry on with a fl1ckaa a/c - they are joining forces with another company, and they're quite open about how they'll use your information and preferences. It doesn't help that I watched both parts of that documentary about silicon valley..........

Tea was relatively low cost, utilised gifted produce and filled us up - as I used brown basmati rice :D A win in my book. Plus we were given some more produce today - people are so kind :D So I can make more low cost teas :D

Today I am extremely grateful for these three things;

support for me and my family

gifted produce given so generously

for a larf
    - you gotta have a larf :D

Ta for popping in, reading and joining in. Offers to BG-sit earn gold stars, as do opportunities to make me laugh. I appreciate it very much. Today and always.

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

• Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:

End of the week - how did we get here?

Bananas to buy today, for sure. And boring household chores to attend to :(

Tea this evening will most likely be HM pizza, although my plans to have a cheese and tommy one have been thwarted by the tomatoes that DH bought in mrL yesterday. Whilst I put on my list to 'buy the ripest' and he tried his best, I didn't factor in that mrL sell unripe tomatoes, to the extent that most of the ones in the net are still green! With the paucity of sunshine anyway this summer, and the stygian gloom of Greying Towers at the best of times, i'm wondering whether these tomatoes will come in for fried green tomatoes in November..... :rotfl: Perhaps it is just our local mrL, but coupled with them being out of stock of milk (blue top) for all this week, and their personnel changes - for the worse - they're not making it easy to shop with them..... Where do you go when you fall out of love with the discounters? :o

If any 'A' Level revellers passed the house in the wee small hours, I didn't hear them - slept like a log last night :D

Can't think of owt else :money: so I best go snap-making.

Ta for popping in, reading and supporting me. I remain grateful.

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

• Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Dearest Pippi, there would only be a point to me being 'oop north, sooth of the border' if dearest chums, 'oop north, north of the border' were to say 'come see us' :D

No pressure, says Greying, hopping from one foot to t'other, clutching her fluffy unicorn........... :D:rotfl:

Greying X

Opens diary.............:T and they'll be lots of adventuring doon sooth this year to come so just so 's you know when to leave the country!
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    Ah the joys of a child that has simple MSE taste - I'd gladly BG-sit if you were closer and sit them in my lap to watch the birdies at our feeder for hours on end!

You are a lucky mommy to have a child who loves a box!
    :D

Ditto - I just adore kids especially ones who like boxes :)

This made me giggle thank you so much. My kids often made crazy constructions from boxes. I know Starnac has a good maze option too with bigger boxes :)

Just love the potential of a cardboard box.

:money: children make their own fun
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Tiggger
    Tiggger Posts: 116 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Greying a quick question about the Angel biscuit recipe, how much dried yeast do you use is it 1and a 1/4 teaspoons? Also is baking soda bicarbonate of soda? So you use bicarbonate and baking powder? I'm sure you've tweaked this recipe a bit but I'm interested to try it.
    Thanks

Tiggger
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Tiggger wrote: »
    Greying a quick question about the Angel biscuit recipe, how much dried yeast do you use is it 1and a 1/4 teaspoons? Also is baking soda bicarbonate of soda? So you use bicarbonate and baking powder? I'm sure you've tweaked this recipe a bit but I'm interested to try it.
    Thanks

Tiggger

Now you're asking hun - I've only ever done a half recipe. But yes, I use dry yeast (the teeny granulised stuff), and I put in a 'big' half a teaspoon, so = 1.25 teaspoons in a full batch. No, baking powder and bicarb are separate things, but if I only had baking powder, I would put in that to cover the two quantites IYSWIM - too much bicarbonate of soda can make things taste funny - ask me how I know this? I do have baking powder and bicarbonate of soda (mrL versions) but I think my bicarbonate is getting a bit ancient. If I only had to buy one, I would plump for baking powder. MSE old-stylers would probably plump for bicarb only, because you can clean with it too!! :rotfl:

Tiggger - the key to this recipe is folding over the dough and then lightly rolling - as much as the proving time etc, etc.

Hope they turn out brilliantly.

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

• Tiggger
    Tiggger Posts: 116 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Greying
    Thank you for your speedy response, I have both bicarbonate and baking powder so will use a mixture. Like you I would use baking powder only if I only had one - really not sure on bicarbonate only as you can clean with it!!!:eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure