PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Options

Comments

• Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,782 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Okay, not sure if this is the right post for this thread, or if the LR can give me any guidance in this matter, but here goes. ( I have posted about this before, but have more details now.)

Trying to but a leasehold house, lease has about 960 years left on it at around 12 pound a year. The sellers are selling off a relatives estate and it turns out that their solicitor who had the deeds in storage can not find them. They are now in correspondence with a Law Firm who acts on behalf of the Freeholder who may be able to assist with a counterpart lease.

They are saying they will be required to re-construct the Title and are trying to do so as quickly as possible.

If they get a new lease constructed, will it be as if the original deeds were not mislaid? i.e. absolute title, if that is the correct phrase)
    What sort of timescale does this take?

Many thanks.

I assume from reference to reconstructing the title that the leasehold interest is unregistered and the deeds lost.

Our PG 2 explains the registration requirements

If the freehold is registered and the lease already noted this may assist but there's still a need to demonstrate what has happened to the leasehold deeds/ownership

Average timescale for a first registration is currently 34 working days. This type of application is though out of the norm as no deeds exist so timescales are difficult to judge as everything depend son the evidence submitted.

I should stress that they are not looking to construct a new lease but reconstruct the legal title and the leases details using whatever facts/documents they do have and a copy of the counterpart lease, if available.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • laskoibence
    Options
    Nothing yet

Thank You, I have been told now by the EA that You sent the documents to the solicitors this afternoon.
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Thank You, I have been told now by the EA that You sent the documents to the solicitors this afternoon.

Not too sure what 'the documents' are but we wrote to the solicitor to ask for more information so the application is still pending.
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • laskoibence
    Options
    Not too sure what 'the documents' are but we wrote to the solicitor to ask for more information so the application is still pending.

Thank You for the reply, I have been told by the vendor's solicitors, that the application is done, and they are ready to exchange. :eek:
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Thank You for the reply, I have been told by the vendor's solicitors, that the application is done, and they are ready to exchange. :eek:

Still pending

As you are receiving contradicting information can I ask you to contact your own conveyancer please to ask them to check and confirm

I suspect they have access to our business e-services which will enable them to carry out the same check.
    They should also be the ones to advise you on when you are ready to exchange
  • BISCUIT1
    Options
    Hello, Is it possible to DM you with my query please as it is regarding an on going legal issue and am concerned I and the subject might be identifiable?
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    BISCUIT1 wrote: »
    Hello, Is it possible to DM you with my query please as it is regarding an on going legal issue and am concerned I and the subject might be identifiable?
    Hello. We essentially have an administrative role and wouldn't normally be in a position to advise on a legal issue. You may want to consider seeking independent advice, for example, from Citizen's Advice or from a legal professional such as solicitor.

If you wanted to contact us outside of an open forum on a procedural point, please use our contact form - https://!!!!!!/2F6AtxU .
  • BISCUIT1
    BISCUIT1 Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    Thankyou- it is a query about amending boundaries- i will use the link you have provided-thankyou :)
  • geoo96
    Options
    Hi,

I am currently in the process of purchasing a second hand bellway home, it has been built for 2 years so just one owner who bought from Bellway directly.
    I have a huge problem causing us to not complete, the management company are saying that until Bellway send them a 'formal handover' that they will not send permission to Land registry for us to become the owners. has anybody else experienced this, or does anybody have any ways around it?

I have contacted Bellway but no reply as of yet

thankyou in advance
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    geoo96 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am currently in the process of purchasing a second hand bellway home, it has been built for 2 years so just one owner who bought from Bellway directly.
    I have a huge problem causing us to not complete, the management company are saying that until Bellway send them a 'formal handover' that they will not send permission to Land registry for us to become the owners. has anybody else experienced this, or does anybody have any ways around it?

I have contacted Bellway but no reply as of yet

thankyou in advance

I assume you mean that there's a restriction on the title that requires the MC to consent to the sale/purchase. If so there's no 'way round it' other than complying with what's required and obtaining what's needed
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback