Mindful or Mind full?

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    Options
    How you are feeling this morning Pauline?
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh Pauline I'm so sorry to hear your news. You must feel so shocked and adrift :(.

I hope your OH and you can resolve things eventually. Either way we will do our best to support you.

I'm so pleased you've started a diary so that we can help you with practical advice and emotional support. Xx

Seconded by me.
    Be kind to yourself. xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good luck with it all, what a shock xx
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • fay66
    fay66 Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon Pauline sorry to hear your newsx
    Debt £10k , HMRC £3K old debt £4k Jan 2021
    Had biatric surgery was 135k 2016 now 97kilo 22.1.20 up to 106 kilo 12.1.21
    Travel plans New York 2021 New year cancelled due to covid
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Just wanted to wish you all the best 117Pauline. You sound positive which is a good start.

Edwink x
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • Freedom_beckons
    Options
    I too have had a week from hell which made me resign. But you will come through.... I promise yesterdays chip papers n all that. That is what I have to believe... You will be okay xx
  • 117pauline
    Options
    Hi there

Thanks everyone for your good wishes, they are much appreciated.

I have been out twice today, done a bit in the garden, fed birds, eaten properly (no chocolate), done about 12 surveys and found my CV.

Also I have watched Despicable Me which I have never seen. Perhaps not quite what I should be doing but I needed the escapism.

There is quite a bit of displacement activity going on however I am OK. Not brilliant but determined. I have purposefully not contacted him and you know what? I am OK.

So I am a work in progress, bit battered but feeling excited at the new chapter about to begin.

Take care everyone
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Displacement is fine Pauline because you need to take care of yourself. You've also done some useful and practical stuff like finding your CV, so that is a good mix of activities :).

And well done for going out :T.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Well done for getting out. Feeding the birds and pottering around the garden are great things to do as they make you appreciate the natural world around.

Sorry that you are going through such a tough time...thinking of you.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pauline well done for getting out again and eating well. It's early days yet so slowly but surely is the way to go.

Your partner may just need some time alone , I hope you manage to sort it out.

Have a good day .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport