PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2018 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh, yes, clothes moths! I noticed what I thought was a little chewed latch of carpet in a client's home yester. Mentioned my concern and she said she had seen 3 little moths at the weekend. I am about to nip out and buy some room spray to treat all her carpeted rooms! It will involve me moving some heavy furniture but it needs doing.
    I have wool carpet, too, so shall be keeping an eye out. Luckily I keep my work shoes in my car so I don't think I will bring any moth lavae home with me .
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Polly, thanks GQ - as to time in the garden, I only used to be able to do 15 minutes, but I can do an hour now - I could do 1.5 hours before I had that lurgy earlier this month, but it's up and down, of course.

As to moths, I'm seeing more this year in the house than I ever have before - I think buying some product might be in order - I'll have a look over the last few pages to see what people recommend.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It is easy to lose time on the allotment then go home dragging one foot behind the other, intending to stay an hour and then staying for three

I worked myself into aches, it wasn`t weeding or hoeing but transporting lots of cans of water 100 feet. My old wheelbarrow wheel gave up the ghost, I could not get it to hold enough air and the barrow was getting decrepit, so rather than buy a new wheel, I bought a whole new barrow with a strong light plastic body and a wheel that will never go flat. I can now transport water cans in the barrow. Old barrow has been tipped and I think lifting it into the car was the last straw for my shoulder this morning

Or maybe it is the threat of rain, making my shoulder, arms and wrists ache
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening all

Well, DS's stuff has arrived home. It isn't actually too bad. It will have to sit in the conservatory all summer but hasn't taken it over (unlike DD's stuff that was in there for months and months and overwhelmed the space). I've put his kitchen stuff through the dishwasher and will shortly put all his linens through the wash. Once they are laundered and folded, they'll take up even less space. The biggest things are guitars, amps and guitar cases.

Still haven't got rid of the unwanted filing cabinet :o
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    VJsMum can the kitchen stuff & bedding go in the filing cabinet for the summer? Cables etc in another drawer, guitars in cases (;)), amps on top & beside?
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Floss wrote: »
    VJsMum can the kitchen stuff & bedding go in the filing cabinet for the summer? Cables etc in another drawer, guitars in cases (;)), amps on top & beside?
    :T Brilliant idea!
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • PollyWollyDoodle
    PollyWollyDoodle Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    :rotfl: brilliant - but then you'll never get rid of the filing cabinet! Don't do it .... you know that cabinet doesn't spark joy, so set it free!
    Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 25 May 2018 at 8:19AM
    Options
    :rotfl: brilliant - but then you'll never get rid of the filing cabinet! Don't do it .... you know that cabinet doesn't spark joy, so set it free!
    :o This is a good point, we mustn't enable the keeping of non-joyous things, those items could be stored in boxes/ bags for the duration.

My freegler has been a no-show. I guess I should have learned the following formula from past experience:

An ask within minutes of posting + a promise to collect on the morrow + bad spelling/ punctuation and no 'please' = a timewaster!

I shall leave it out for a week, message them with 24 hours to pick up, then it's outta here and off to electronics recycling at the tip.

*sigh* it does annoy me when people don't keep their word. I'm scrupulous about keeping mine.:(
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Iv got about 20 extra coat hangers, i mean really!? They are a mix of trouser and top and i don’t need them so i will try and get rid at some point this weekend. My room is looking better, i also have pretty boxes from expensive perfume, they are gold and hard wearing, i have used one for hair items and the other one has got sellotape, scissors, labels etc for wrapping. I have another three boxes which i cant bear to part with howver if i can used them for useful stuff like this i feel like a winner! ha
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Floss wrote: »

It is a good idea - but not in the way you think.....

The filing cabinet is outta here next week - I shall enlist DS's muscle power to shift it.

However, I have a chest of drawers I haven't yet decided what to do with. it is earmarked for chalk paint treatment and then i will see. In the meantime i will use that to store said items as it is currently empty.. So thanks.. :)

I wish guitars could live in their cases - but he plays them all the time. They can live on their stands, the big hard case can go up to his room and the soft foldy one can go in a drawer..
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport