M&s current account

Options

Comments

• ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    milton1970 wrote: »
    Hoping someone can help - switched & got the initial gift card but confused on the additional monthly credits.

Do the credits get loaded onto the same card & how do you check they have been?

TIA
    stoozie1 wrote: »
    they text you to say they've topped it up. Mine was always the 15th of the month.

You can also check the balance of the card online
  • zak2012
    zak2012 Posts: 326 Forumite
    Options
    milton1970 wrote: »
    Hoping someone can help - switched & got the initial gift card but confused on the additional monthly credits.

Do the credits get loaded onto the same card & how do you check they have been?

TIA

How long after ur switch u got ur gift card from M&S?
  • milton1970
    milton1970 Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks all

zak2012 ... about 3 weeks
  • OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    ceredigion wrote: »
    You can also check the balance of the card online
    stoozie1 wrote: »
    they text you to say they've topped it up. Mine was always the 15th of the month.
    when the gift card is topped up with £5 (or £10) each month, is that top-up valid until the expiry of the gift card?

if so, what is validly period of the gift card? 1 year from date of issue?
  • LuSiVe
    LuSiVe Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    They're usually 2 years from the last time you used it or checked the balance.
  • KingL
    KingL Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    Options
    OceanSound wrote: »
    when the gift card is topped up with £5 (or £10) each month, is that top-up valid until the expiry of the gift card?

if so, what is validly period of the gift card? 1 year from date of issue?
    Period of validity Gift cards and e-gift cards are valid for the period which is the later of 24 months from:
    - the date of issue, or
    - the date of the last transaction (transactions include balance enquiries).
    http://help.marksandspencer.com/support/legal-and-ethical/terms-and-conditions#anchor18
  • KingL
    KingL Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    edited 4 May 2018 at 10:57AM
    Options
    Note that this is an old thread that got bumped. M&S launched a new (similar) offer in late April 2018 with £100 initial gift plus £10 per month if you stay.

Two weeks later (early May 2018), that seems to have changed to £125 initially followed by 12 months of £5 (presented as '£185 to switch and stay').

edit: err, it seems the first one is just for holders of the M&S credit card and the second one is a different, generic, offer
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Has anyone opened an account recently? I had a text to say they had lots of applications and they would review my application shortly - that was last week.

I know HSBC can be slow :)
  • No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You should have opened a new thread !!!!!!!
    so PEOPLE don't have to read all the OLD posts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:(
  • danielscott13
    Options
    Has anybody received one of these gift cards before? Are there any exlcusions?

I got the £30 credit card offer a while back and there are a lot of exclusions (see quote below). We were hoping to use the £125 one to put towards a wedding cake.

"INCLUDES: Clothing, footwear, lingerie, beauty, homeware, accessories, M&S Food and Flowers in store.

EXCLUDES: Stationery, cards, gift wrap, beers, wines, spirits, Food to Order, Lunch to You, M&S Caf!s, deli bars, deli counters, Market Place, Wasabi, restaurants, schoolwear, furniture, furniture disposal service, Made to Order Curtains, Made to Measure Shirts, Made to Order Suits, tailoring alterations, 'Your school uniform' service, repair services, name tapes, charity items, sale, clearance items.
    "
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport