PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

What would you do about neighbour I have suspicion

Options
124»

Comments

• Beardmidget
    Options
    It!!!8217;s part of my professional responsibility to see through people!!!8217;s lies and make a judgment about what is really going on, but I can!!!8217;t make them tell me the truth, any more than you can.

I sometimes (politely, professionally) let them know that I know what they are trying to sell me a load of codswallop, but that is usually in the same sentence as informing them that I am going to act on my suspicion.

In my personal life, I obviously still see through people!!!8217;s obfuscation, but then I just smile and nod, because there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    For past 3 hours I have heard multiple male voices laughing, clapping, "whooping" and stomping as well as some running.

So much for her away till tonight! Either she was lying or she gave her spare keys to "friends" who are using it as a place to crash and be noisy. Fed up with this, its not be being sensitive a friernd came round on Friday night and he almost jumped out of his skin at the noise at one point when he heard a massive crash, thought someone chucked something at my window.
  • dekaspace
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Had enough of them, after now 14 days of noise I told council and got a cheeky note through my door stating they are having a party AS THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO DO.

In response have turned my speakers up to 1/3 of max (which is loud enough to sound like a nightclub) just for 10 minutes, lets see how they like it, if they complain I will tell them I am having a party as I have a right to do.

If this noise deafens me imagine how angry they will be.
  • dekaspace
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Last night, a nightmare noise did only go on to 10pm but it was far far noisy than usual, so much so I had a terrible nights sleep and had to take a day off college, this morning its noise far above and beyond the past as well, the mediation team phoned me and said the neighbour has refused mediation, she cant tell me why but its obvious it won't happen now.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    time to move perhaps? If your not going to, then nothing more you can do
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    dekaspace wrote: »
    Im so sorry that I am a considerate neighbour and have been kept awake to 4.30am on more than one occasion by HER having a party. - People have parties.

Im so sorry that I nicely let it slide and the times I have gone to speak to her AS SHE TOLD ME TO DO, she doesn't answer the door, - so she's inconsiderate, millions of people are

Im so sorry as she admitted she never hears any noise from me at all. - So?

Im so sorry that I was woken at 8.30am on MY DAY OFF by kids screaming and running about on laminate flooring which is BANNED - kids running around is banned?.....

Im so sorry that I have to put up with her having a dog which is BANNED in new council tenancies. - but not in her tenancy?

Im so sorry that when she has guests round with kids my lightshade shakes back and forth and stuff falls out of cupboards

Everythings my fault right?!

Not saying it's your fault. Sometimes these things happen. You need to decide whether moving is the best solution.
  • Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dekaspace wrote: »
    Last night, a nightmare noise did only go on to 10pm but it was far far noisy than usual, so much so I had a terrible nights sleep and had to take a day off college, this morning its noise far above and beyond the past as well, the mediation team phoned me and said the neighbour has refused mediation, she cant tell me why but its obvious it won't happen now.

Actually the fact that the neighbour has refused mediation shows that she is only interested in herself. I don't know what the council will think of her refusal. You will have to wait and see what they think they want to do next. They would not have offered it if they didn't think that there was a problem.
  • dekaspace
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    Not saying it's your fault. Sometimes these things happen. You need to decide whether moving is the best solution.

Kids arent banned from running, laminate is banned, dogs are banned in her tenancy, I have no issue with parties or even people being up all night, everyone needs to unwind now and again but its the lack of respect hence also the fact I am considerate, she feels she can have a party or gangs of people round whenever she wants as is her right she says (which isn't actually wrong)

About the door, she told me rather than go to council go to the door and tell her and she will be quieter, but every time I do she never answers, which she seperate told me she never answers as shes at work and its just the babysitter in, or claims to be not in the house which is when she deflects the noise to saying its the couple above her.

It is however considering in the time I lived here I never heard the neighbour above hers dog barking in my property, and only when I arrived back a few days after she got a dog has it been ongoing, im a patient person it just feels she thinks as a single mother she is the victim in things despite saying she never once hears noise from me (and admitting she gets heavy noise from her upstairs neighbours all the time)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure