PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

What would you do about neighbour I have suspicion

Options

Comments

• dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    I think you need to find somewhere more isolated to live, you're making life as difficult for your neighbours as they are for you

Im so sorry that I am a considerate neighbour and have been kept awake to 4.30am on more than one occasion by HER having a party.

Im so sorry that I nicely let it slide and the times I have gone to speak to her AS SHE TOLD ME TO DO, she doesn't answer the door,

Im so sorry as she admitted she never hears any noise from me at all.

Im so sorry that I was woken at 8.30am on MY DAY OFF by kids screaming and running about on laminate flooring which is BANNED

Im so sorry that I have to put up with her having a dog which is BANNED in new council tenancies.

Im so sorry that when she has guests round with kids my lightshade shakes back and forth and stuff falls out of cupboards

Everythings my fault right?!
  • dekaspace
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    If she is lying to you its because you've asked questions she doesn't want to give honest answers to, not to trick you or question your intelligence. I suspect she would prefer you didn't ask.
    If noise is a problem and she is breaking benefit or housing rules she is likely to be quieter to prevent further problems.
    I've had benefit fraud neighbours and neighbours growing cannabis, doubtful they would admit to me what they were doing. Some people have secrets, don't be insulted if they don't share them with you.

I never asked on the occasions we spoke specifically about men though, she told me she had a husband that babysat, on the 2nd occasion I said I hear the kids come in from school and she said thats her (male) babysitter so both times it was her that told me it was a male looking after the kids the 2nd time she said "hes deaf in one ear so speaks loudly and thats what (you) hear"

The third time I said I heard a male voice, I guess thats your babysitter she was very defensive and went she never has male guests which I only said as she herself told me the previous time her babysitter was male so yeah I only went by her previous comments.

Im not insulted by them lying as much as annoyed me getting told its none of my business, I don't care if she has guests round every day. male or female.

On a side note just in 10 minutes and I am hearing multiple voices upstairs and kid crying.

She had no problem asking about my friends that came round though.

But her reasoning for the party was that her friends showed up unnanounced and she couldn't turn them away, she kept shifting the time they arrived from 10pm-11pm, then said they went at 1am, but each time saying they left at 4.30am. she admitted they were heavily drunk but again went "but it was my birthday" so all that I "asked" was me saying I heard noise and assuming it was her babysitter, but in our oriignal chat last year I knocked on door and said "oh I heard noise last few days" and she straight away went "we wear slippers, see there they are" I never mentioned what type of noise it was so she must of known that.

That was the insulting the intelligence thing as she kept contradicting herself, but also shifting blame.

I honestly don't care about the secrets but being fobbed off and the fact she seems to be so obsessed with.saying its the other neighbour

I mean its a very rare chance that its a very deep voiced female or two up there

But the main reason I worry is that if I make a complaint this 6foot5 guy who looks like a bodybuilder will cause problems, when we were supposed to have mediation she told me she couldn't attend and she was sending her male friend round.

But as I type that, hold on she told me she doesn't have any male friends or guests.
  • Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dekaspace wrote: »
    I never asked on the occasions we spoke specifically about men though, she told me she had a husband that babysat, on the 2nd occasion I said I hear the kids come in from school and she said thats her (male) babysitter so both times it was her that told me it was a male looking after the kids the 2nd time she said "hes deaf in one ear so speaks loudly and thats what (you) hear"

The third time I said I heard a male voice, I guess thats your babysitter she was very defensive and went she never has male guests which I only said as she herself told me the previous time her babysitter was male so yeah I only went by her previous comments.

Im not insulted by them lying as much as annoyed me getting told its none of my business, I don't care if she has guests round every day. male or female.

On a side note just in 10 minutes and I am hearing multiple voices upstairs and kid crying.

She had no problem asking about my friends that came round though.

But her reasoning for the party was that her friends showed up unnanounced and she couldn't turn them away, she kept shifting the time they arrived from 10pm-11pm, then said they went at 1am, but each time saying they left at 4.30am. she admitted they were heavily drunk but again went "but it was my birthday" so all that I "asked" was me saying I heard noise and assuming it was her babysitter, but in our oriignal chat last year I knocked on door and said "oh I heard noise last few days" and she straight away went "we wear slippers, see there they are" I never mentioned what type of noise it was so she must of known that.

That was the insulting the intelligence thing as she kept contradicting herself, but also shifting blame.

I honestly don't care about the secrets but being fobbed off and the fact she seems to be so obsessed with.saying its the other neighbour

I mean its a very rare chance that its a very deep voiced female or two up there

But the main reason I worry is that if I make a complaint this 6foot5 guy who looks like a bodybuilder will cause problems, when we were supposed to have mediation she told me she couldn't attend and she was sending her male friend round.

But as I type that, hold on she told me she doesn't have any male friends or guests.

Did you have the mediation? If it is supposed to between you and her she can't send someone else.

Everyone finds it annoying when people lie but people who lie are not going to stop and you can't make them so the best thing to do is to ignore the lies and concentrate on what you want which is a reduction in the noise.
  • dekaspace
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Cakeguts wrote: »
    Did you have the mediation? If it is supposed to between you and her she can't send someone else.

Everyone finds it annoying when people lie but people who lie are not going to stop and you can't make them so the best thing to do is to ignore the lies and concentrate on what you want which is a reduction in the noise.

Im worried about going on my own, I have just been given a mental health advocate so likely they can help me but the neighbour herself told me originally she was going (with the 6 foot 5 guy) then sending the 6 foot 5 guy alone, either way felt bad for me.

As we speak in last few mintues heard people come in and past minute dog barking and obvious male voice.

Really do feel like she is taking the mickey.
  • Cakeguts
    Options
    Im worried about going on my own, I have just been given a mental health advocate so likely they can help me but the neighbour herself told me originally she was going (with the 6 foot 5 guy) then sending the 6 foot 5 guy alone, either way felt bad for me.

As we speak in last few mintues heard people come in and past minute dog barking and obvious male voice.

Really do feel like she is taking the mickey.

Well now is the time to get recording the sound of the dog barking and the rest of the noise.
  • dekaspace
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Updating in part to vent, forgot to say she claimed she would be away Wednesday-Sunday this week, but today the noise is as bad as the party at weekend, no doubt its male voices now, heard kids laughter then adult laughter and then dog bark then a female scream "SHUT UP"

For past 30 minutes since I walked through door its been dog barking multiple times, sounds like group of people walking about, obvious as its loud male laughter.
  • Cakeguts
    Options
    Updating in part to vent, forgot to say she claimed she would be away Wednesday-Sunday this week, but today the noise is as bad as the party at weekend, no doubt its male voices now, heard kids laughter then adult laughter and then dog bark then a female scream "SHUT UP"

For past 30 minutes since I walked through door its been dog barking multiple times, sounds like group of people walking about, obvious as its loud male laughter.

Hope you are recording all of this. Sounds as if you need a recording device from the council?
  • dekaspace
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I think council wants mediation to happen first then see what happens, maybe that way so theres a official confirmation noise will stop.

Though council has a weekend out of hours warden service that can witness noise, all i'd worry there is if they are noisy unless its like non stop and at its worst levels it may seem like everyday noise.
  • Cakeguts
    Options
    I think council wants mediation to happen first then see what happens, maybe that way so theres a official confirmation noise will stop.

Though council has a weekend out of hours warden service that can witness noise, all i'd worry there is if they are noisy unless its like non stop and at its worst levels it may seem like everyday noise.

Call them out if the noise is at its worst levels and has been going on for some time.
  • iltisman
    iltisman Posts: 2,589 Forumite
    Options
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills